• =?UTF-8?Q?Coronation_Street_weekly_update_=E2=80=93_January_23=2C_2021?

From glenda.sunderland@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 23 02:48:40 2021
    Corrie weekly updates from 1995
    All the wit and warmth of Weatherfield
    None of the waffle - and all for just 99p
    Available from https://amzn.to/2IUn7bt

Greetings and welcome to another week of words from Weatherfield. And so, without any further ado, here we go with this week’s Coronation Street update.

It’s been a week of change on the street as some residents prepare to leave. David and Shona have moved to the Dog and Gun estate, Gail moves in with Nick and offers to cook his favourite childhood meal. Now, I don’t know about you but I’m still
    feeling queasy at the thought of Nick dipping his soldier into Gail’s runny egg. And Sally and Tim continue to pack their belongings to move into a rental home. But all moves are off when Ray’s funds don’t clear, and it all starts to unravel for
    Ray. Abi is on his case, determined to get him back for what he did to Faye and she follows him to his hotel. There, she hides behind the bar and videos him as he chats to the council official he bribed. Abi’s got Ray bang to rights! But when she tells
    Ray, he’s determined to put a stop to her sending the video out.

Ray drops drugs into Abi’s drink at the Rovers and she collapses in the ginnel, but not before pressing send on the video. The incriminating evidence against Ray goes to everyone in Abi’s contacts list. Debbie storms into the Bistro to have it out
    with Ray and finds Abi unconscious. “If you call an ambulance, I’ll kill you!” Ray warns but Debbie’s not scared, she’s made of stern stuff and Abi’s whisked to the - HOPSPITAL KLAXON - Kate Oates memorial ward where she wakes up with Kev by
    her side.

Faye goes to the cops this week and confesses she was the one who attacked Adam, not Gary. She tells them what Ray did to her and why she wanted to hit back at the seedy Bistro man.

Over at Speed Daal, Yasmeen’s back at work but is having trouble concentrating with Geoff’s words running around her mind, undermining her confidence. She takes some solace from having Elaine helping out and we meet Elaine’s rescue Pomeranian dog,
    Tinkerbell. Evelyn’s sniffy about what she calls Elaine’s “handbag dog” but when Elaine explains how she rescued her dog, Evelyn’s forced to climb down from the moral high ground and almost, but not quite, apologises. Sometimes I have to pinch
    myself that our favourite show has two of the country’s leading actresses, Maureen Lipman and Paula Wilcox, in it. To see them acting together in a scene was sublime.

Gemma’s a woman under pressure in the illegal pyramid selling scheme. Sean wants his commission from her and he’s being horrible, as always. Why this actor and character get so much screen time is beyond me. Kirk is also desperate for the repayment
    of money he loaned Chesney. And so poor Gemma and Chesney, with 5 kids between them, pay up because they’re lovely, honest people and instead go hungry themselves.

And that’s just about that for this week.

Remember, you can sign up to get these Corrie weekly updates by email at http://www.corrie.net/updates/weekly/subscribe.htm

This week’s writers were Emily Gascoyne and Cameron McAllister (Monday); Alasdair Morrison and Carmel Morgan (Wednesday); Ellen Taylor (Friday). Find out all about the Coronation Street writing team at Coronation Street Blog: Exclusive: All Current
    Corrie writers online http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2008/11/exclusive-all-current-corrie-writers.html

Glenda Young
    --
    Blogging away merrily at Flaming Nora
    Author website: glendayoungbooks.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)