• S106

From James Heaton@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 4 21:17:49 2021
    Amazed to hear them mention S106 in the first episode

The housing aspects of these documents are basically my job!

And today was my first day in work since September 29th, the day I got the
    call about Dad.

James

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From kat@21:1/5 to James Heaton on Mon Jan 4 22:50:18 2021
    On 04/01/2021 21:17, James Heaton wrote:

So it meant something to you - what is it? :-)

And today was my first day in work since September 29th, the day I got the call
    about Dad.

James

And maybe the last for another few weeks?

--
    kat
    >^..^<

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lucretia Borgia@21:1/5 to heatonandmoore@gmail.com.invalid on Tue Jan 5 16:00:52 2021
    On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 19:39:45 -0000, "James Heaton" <heatonandmoore@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

"kat" <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:i5hkdbFbmn5U1@mid.individual.net...

S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act covers the circumstances where an >authority can seek contributions on a development.

A document agreed under this - usually known as a 'S106' - outlines what the >development has to provide in terms of highways, affordable housing, open >space and recreation, education, health, and any other obligations. The >longest one I ever did, back in 2015 for a scheme that may not complete >before I retire in 2046, approached 500 pages and required an amazing amount >of things - for a new suburb to an existing town. The thing that always >amazes people is how little health ask for - they only ask for capital >funding as the revenue funding travels with the patient.

And today was my first day in work since September 29th, the day I got
    the call about Dad.

James

I've only been into the office once since March! No, I've been off work >completely since the day before Dad died in late Sep - sorry thought I'd >mentioned on here, lost him and Mum in 12 days in the autumn. That's why >I've been a bit quiet. Been a bit all over the place really. Still so much >to do, house in Glamorgan so haven't been able to visit to start clearing - >when we're in a usable tier they aren't and vice versa - haven't even >collected the ashes yet.

James

Sorry to hear your news - Covid has certainly wreaked havoc on many
    families.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From James Heaton@21:1/5 to kat on Tue Jan 5 19:39:45 2021
    "kat" <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:i5hkdbFbmn5U1@mid.individual.net...

S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act covers the circumstances where an authority can seek contributions on a development.

A document agreed under this - usually known as a 'S106' - outlines what the development has to provide in terms of highways, affordable housing, open
    space and recreation, education, health, and any other obligations. The longest one I ever did, back in 2015 for a scheme that may not complete
    before I retire in 2046, approached 500 pages and required an amazing amount
    of things - for a new suburb to an existing town. The thing that always
    amazes people is how little health ask for - they only ask for capital
    funding as the revenue funding travels with the patient.

And today was my first day in work since September 29th, the day I got
    the call about Dad.

James

I've only been into the office once since March! No, I've been off work completely since the day before Dad died in late Sep - sorry thought I'd mentioned on here, lost him and Mum in 12 days in the autumn. That's why
    I've been a bit quiet. Been a bit all over the place really. Still so much
    to do, house in Glamorgan so haven't been able to visit to start clearing - when we're in a usable tier they aren't and vice versa - haven't even
    collected the ashes yet.

James

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kat@21:1/5 to James Heaton on Tue Jan 5 22:48:09 2021
    On 05/01/2021 19:39, James Heaton wrote:

"kat" <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:i5hkdbFbmn5U1@mid.individual.net...

S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act covers the circumstances where an authority can seek contributions on a development.

A document agreed under this - usually known as a 'S106' - outlines what the development has to provide in terms of highways, affordable housing, open space
    and recreation, education, health, and any other obligations.  The longest one I
    ever did, back in 2015 for a scheme that may not complete before I retire in 2046, approached 500 pages and required an amazing amount of things - for a new
    suburb to an existing town.  The thing that always amazes people is how little
    health ask for - they only ask for capital funding as the revenue funding travels with the patient.

Ah. I bet Ray won't be providing much of any of that!

And today was my first day in work since September 29th, the day I got the >>> call about Dad.

James

I've only been into the office once since March!  No, I've been off work completely since the day before Dad died in late Sep - sorry thought I'd mentioned on here, lost him and Mum in 12 days in the autumn.  That's why I've
    been a bit quiet.  Been a bit all over the place really.  Still so much to do,
    house in Glamorgan so haven't been able to visit to start clearing - when we're
    in a usable tier they aren't and vice versa - haven't even collected the ashes yet.

So sorry to hear that - what a horrible autumn you have had. Not surprising you are knocked for six. All that stuff takes time even when you can do it, must be
    dreadful not knowing when you will be able to sort things. I can imagine what you are going through, considerably worse than we had back in 2008 when my mother-in-law died, then my father. And they were at least in the same town.

--
    kat
    >^..^<

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From James Heaton@21:1/5 to kat on Wed Jan 6 20:40:37 2021
    "kat" <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:i5k8lcFrg79U1@mid.individual.net...
    On 05/01/2021 19:39, James Heaton wrote:

"kat" <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:i5hkdbFbmn5U1@mid.individual.net...

S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act covers the circumstances where
    an authority can seek contributions on a development.

A document agreed under this - usually known as a 'S106' - outlines what
    the development has to provide in terms of highways, affordable housing,
    open space and recreation, education, health, and any other obligations.
    The longest one I ever did, back in 2015 for a scheme that may not
    complete before I retire in 2046, approached 500 pages and required an
    amazing amount of things - for a new suburb to an existing town. The
    thing that always amazes people is how little health ask for - they only
    ask for capital funding as the revenue funding travels with the patient.

Ah. I bet Ray won't be providing much of any of that!

And today was my first day in work since September 29th, the day I got >>>> the call about Dad.

James

I've only been into the office once since March! No, I've been off work
    completely since the day before Dad died in late Sep - sorry thought I'd
    mentioned on here, lost him and Mum in 12 days in the autumn. That's why
    I've been a bit quiet. Been a bit all over the place really. Still so
    much to do, house in Glamorgan so haven't been able to visit to start
    clearing - when we're in a usable tier they aren't and vice versa -
    haven't even collected the ashes yet.

So sorry to hear that - what a horrible autumn you have had. Not
    surprising you are knocked for six. All that stuff takes time even when
    you can do it, must be dreadful not knowing when you will be able to sort things. I can imagine what you are going through, considerably worse than
    we had back in 2008 when my mother-in-law died, then my father. And they
    were at least in the same town.

Thanks, yes it's been pretty rough. Was expecting to lose Mum - she'd been
    ill for a long time - but Dad was a horrendous shock.

James

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kat@21:1/5 to James Heaton on Thu Jan 7 09:13:48 2021
    On 06/01/2021 20:40, James Heaton wrote:

So sorry to hear that - what a horrible autumn you have had. Not surprising >> you are knocked for six.  All that stuff takes time even when you can do it,
    must be dreadful not knowing when you will be able to sort things. I can
    imagine what you are going through, considerably worse than we had back in >> 2008 when my mother-in-law died, then my father. And they were at least in the
    same town.

Thanks, yes it's been pretty rough.  Was expecting to lose Mum - she'd been ill
    for a long time - but Dad was a horrendous shock.

James

Are you the only child James? This all happening this past year is doubly awful.

--
    kat
    >^..^<

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From James Heaton@21:1/5 to kat on Thu Jan 7 11:55:35 2021
    "kat" <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:i5o1mfFj7loU1@mid.individual.net...

So sorry to hear that - what a horrible autumn you have had. Not
    surprising you are knocked for six. All that stuff takes time even when >>> you can do it, must be dreadful not knowing when you will be able to
    sort things. I can imagine what you are going through, considerably
    worse than we had back in 2008 when my mother-in-law died, then my
    father. And they were at least in the same town.

Thanks, yes it's been pretty rough. Was expecting to lose Mum - she'd
    been ill for a long time - but Dad was a horrendous shock.

James

Are you the only child James? This all happening this past year is doubly awful.

Only son of an only son. Mum had a brother but they were estranged,
    although we are now in limited contact. They didn't come to the funeral but watched the video cast I arranged.

I have reconnected with some of her cousins that I remember from my
    childhood - quite a shock that they are at retirement age, and their
    children who I remember as toddlers are qualified teachers and one is a head
    of year! They've sent me some photo scans - their parents had a shop in
    inner city Liverpool, whereas Mum grew up on Deeside, so they spent a lot of summer holidays together. You couldn't exactly shut up a newsagents for 2 wks... and Prestatyn was a 1/6 bus ride away from Flint.

So I now have more photos of my grandfather, whom I never knew, than I have ever seen - he was camera shy, but cousin Alan was such a shutterbug he
    managed to get him a few times! They've also sent me scans of colour photos
    of my parents wedding - original colour not colourised - must have been a significant expense for a trainee teacher in 1971 - but they are the only colour photos of the wedding I've ever seen. Only 3 taken outside the reception venue - Mum, Dad, her brother and parents in one, just Mum and Dad
    in the 2nd, and the decorated car (Austin Farina) in the 3rd.

James

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kat@21:1/5 to James Heaton on Thu Jan 7 21:48:29 2021
    On 07/01/2021 11:55, James Heaton wrote:

"kat" <littlelionne@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:i5o1mfFj7loU1@mid.individual.net...

So sorry to hear that - what a horrible autumn you have had. Not surprising
    you are knocked for six.  All that stuff takes time even when you can do it,
    must be dreadful not knowing when you will be able to sort things. I can >>>> imagine what you are going through, considerably worse than we had back in >>>> 2008 when my mother-in-law died, then my father. And they were at least in >>>> the same town.

Thanks, yes it's been pretty rough.  Was expecting to lose Mum - she'd been
    ill for a long time - but Dad was a horrendous shock.

James

Are you the only child James?  This all happening this past year is doubly awful.

Only son of an only son.  Mum had a brother but they were estranged, although we
    are now in limited contact.  They didn't come to the funeral but watched the video cast I arranged.

All down to you - it's hard isn't it. I am an only as well, my mum had a sister, and they were close enough when they could be but miles apart. Dad had a lot of siblings, most predeceased him.

I have reconnected with some of her cousins that I remember from my childhood -
    quite a shock that they are at retirement age, and their children who I remember
    as toddlers are qualified teachers and one is a head of year!  They've sent me
    some photo scans - their parents had a shop in inner city Liverpool, whereas Mum
    grew up on Deeside, so they spent a lot of summer holidays together.  You couldn't exactly shut up a newsagents for 2 wks...  and Prestatyn was a 1/6 bus
    ride away from Flint.

Lovely to get these old pictures isn't it.

So I now have more photos of my grandfather, whom I never knew, than I have ever
    seen - he was camera shy, but cousin Alan was such a shutterbug he managed to get him a few times!  They've also sent me scans of colour photos of my parents
    wedding - original colour not colourised - must have been a significant expense
    for a trainee teacher in 1971 - but they are the only colour photos of the wedding I've ever seen.  Only 3 taken outside the reception venue - Mum, Dad,
    her brother and parents in one, just Mum and Dad in the 2nd, and the decorated
    car (Austin Farina) in the 3rd.

I never knew 3 of my grandparents, dead before I was born, have but one photo of my dad's dad. An aged snap or two of his mum taken when I was very small and she visited us in Dundee. More of my mum's parents, they had official photos taken at some point and grand dad had a camera too. But not many.
    As for colour photos in 1971 - I got married in 1972. We had a very nice photographer who developed his own black and white photos but sent colour ones away and he didn't guarantee what the colour would look like - or would last. "Get your guests to take some" he said. And we did, used my camera, but someone had a better one and my dad took some slides.

It was certainly true that some colour printing was quite dodgy at the time. I have prints from back them which are still good and others, though not of the wedding, that are dire.

How lovely to get those pictures now.

--
    kat
    >^..^<

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05