• =?UTF-8?Q?Coronation_Street_weekly_update_=E2=80=93_November_7_2020?=

From glenda.sunderland@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 7 01:17:32 2020

Corrie weekly updates from 1995
    All the wit and warmth of Weatherfield
    None of the waffle - and all for just 99p
    Available from https://amzn.to/2IUn7bt

Greetings and welcome to another week of words from Weatherfield. And so without any further ado, here we go with this week’s Coronation Street update.

Now, I don’t know about you but I love that Debbie Webster’s back on the street. She’s smart, sassy, everything a proper Corrie woman should be and I hope she never leaves. But alas, I fear she might. Because this week we found out that she’s in
    cahoots (and I love that word) with sleazy Ray and she’s the Roxy whose name is on everyone’s lips. Yes, Debbie is the Roxy who’s buying up houses on the street left, right and centre so that she and Ray can knock them all down and start building
    loft warehouse apartments or something. I’m not really sure what they’re planning, some sort of world domination by all accounts, one cobble at a time.

One of the residents interested in selling up and moving out is Sally. Sally? Leaving the street? Well, Debbie does her best to further stoke tensions between Sally, Tim and Geoff and succeeds in getting Geoff to smash up Sally’s chiminea and Sally’s
    not best pleased. Sally puts her house on the market and Ray puts an offer in immediately which makes Sally suspicious. She quizzes Debbie after Abi warns Sally she thinks there’s something strange going on.

Elsewhere this week, I’ve been fast-forwarding through scenes featuring the Bailey family (too dull by half) but can deduce from what I’ve seen whizzing past my eyes on screen, the following: Grace is pregnant and in jail and tells Michael it’s his
    baby. I liked the old Michael, remember him? Bit wacky, bit of an entrepreneur? Now he just stares idly at baby scan pictures with a sad look on his face.

I’ve also been fast-forwarding through every single hospital scene. I know Jane Danson has been acting her socks off as the distraught mother about to lose her son. But I can’t bear to engage. The world needs more humour right now and this storyline
    is unwatchable for me.

And now, let’s have a look at some of the storylines I have been watching. Well, Sean and his son Dylan are proving interesting even if it does mean more screen time for my least favourite member of the cast even if Sean had some good lines from
    writer Chris Fewtrell this week which made me laugh out loud.

Meanwhile, Emma confesses to the cops that she took five thousand pounds from Scott and used the money to give to Imran to pay the lawyer who’s looking into Oliver’s legal case. I adore Emma and hate to see her cry.

Also this week Dev makes amends with his twins after he embarrasses himself and daughter Asha by shouting the odds in the street. Asha is only 15 but gets the contraceptive pill from Dr Gaddas at the health centre. She tells Dev, and also Amy (who warns
    her about not getting pregnant just like she did) that she’s not going to sleep with Corey until she’s 16 but Dev only hears what he wants to hear and has a slanging match with Corey and Asha in the street. Dev later apologises and invites Corey to
    dinner where they bond over a shared love of golf. Asha’s relieved that her boyfriend and dad are getting along but then her heart sinks when Corey says that he wants to sleep with her before she turns 16.

And finally this week, Craig and Faye decide to go on a date. “You mean out, out?” Craig says. “Or we could stay in, in,” Faye replies. A lovely way to end the week.

And that’s just about that for this week.

Remember, you can sign up to get these Corrie weekly updates by email at http://www.corrie.net/updates/weekly/subscribe.htm

This week’s writers were Ellen Taylor (Monday); Mark Wadlow and Jonathan Harvey (Wednesday) and Chris Fewtrell (Friday). Find out all about the Coronation Street writing team at Coronation Street Blog: Exclusive: All Current Corrie writers online
    http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2008/11/exclusive-all-current-corrie-writers.html

Glenda Young
    --
    Blogging away merrily at Flaming Nora
    Author website: glendayoungbooks.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)