• =?UTF-8?Q?Coronation_Street_weekly_update_=E2=80=93_October_31_2020?=

From glenda.sunderland@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 31 03:22:05 2020
    Corrie weekly updates from 1995
    All the wit and warmth of Weatherfield
    None of the waffle - and all for just 99p
    Available from https://amzn.to/2IUn7bt

Greetings and welcome to another week of words from Weatherfield. And so without any further ado, here we go with this week’s Coronation Street update.

Firstly, please accept my apologies that there wasn’t an update last week. I was away on a short break but forgot to mention there’d be a gap in the updates before I went away. Well, here I am, back with the update and what a strange week in
    Weatherfield it’s been.

The big story this week has been Johnny and Scott. There was a shoot-out in the Bistro when Scott went berserk with a gun. And secrets were unearthed as Johnny revealed to Jenny his role in the armed robbery many years ago in which a security guard was
    injured. Now, you’d think all of this would be exciting. Scott was finally nabbed by the cops, Jenny was in bits and Johnny’s MS was remembered. But it all fell flat for me. I’m just glad Scott’s on his way out and the Rovers Return pub quiz by
    zoom can carry on next week.

Much more to my liking this week was the wonderful Evelyn playing Scrabble with Roy. It was a nothing scene, a tiny moment, just two amazing actors doing what they get paid for and doing it well. You can keep your Bistro shoot-outs and your guns, this is
    what I want more of in my Coronation Street. Evelyn’s got much on her mind, however than Roy’s seven letter opening word after it turned out that her fella Arthur has been lying to her. Not only is he married but his wife is in hospital, in a
    vegetative state, and he’d strung Evelyn along all the while.

Elsewhere this week, Alya’s suspicious of Geoff when she overhears him on the phone as he sounds as if he’s chatting up a woman, intending to splash Yasmeen’s cash on his new beau. She follows him and stalks him to the Bistro where he’s having
    lunch with an old lady he met in hospital when he was the hospital radio DJ. Alya feels foolish but she doesn’t know the truth, that Geoff later meets another woman in a posh hotel bar and orders a bottle of champagne, charging it to Yasmeen’s bank.

And finally this week there were yet more hospital scenes as Steve and Leanne argue and cry over what to do best for Oliver. Joining them in the Kate Oates memorial ward this week is Craig who’s suffering being shot in the shoulder. And you try saying
    that after a half pint of mild.

And that’s just about that for this week.

Remember, you can sign up to get these Corrie weekly updates by email at http://www.corrie.net/updates/weekly/subscribe.htm

This week’s writers were Emily Gascoyne (Monday); John Kerr and Jan McVerry (Wednesday) and Julie Jones (Friday). Find out all about the Coronation Street writing team at Coronation Street Blog: Exclusive: All Current Corrie writers online
    http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2008/11/exclusive-all-current-corrie-writers.html

Glenda Young
    --
    Blogging away merrily at Flaming Nora
    Author website: glendayoungbooks.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From kat@21:1/5 to glenda.s...@gmail.com on Sat Oct 31 12:07:39 2020
    On 31/10/2020 10:22, glenda.s...@gmail.com wrote:
    Corrie weekly updates from 1995
    All the wit and warmth of Weatherfield
    None of the waffle - and all for just 99p
    Available from https://amzn.to/2IUn7bt

Greetings and welcome to another week of words from Weatherfield. And so without any further ado, here we go with this week’s Coronation Street update.

Firstly, please accept my apologies that there wasn’t an update last week. I was away on a short break but forgot to mention there’d be a gap in the updates before I went away. Well, here I am, back with the update and what a strange week in
    Weatherfield it’s been.

The big story this week has been Johnny and Scott. There was a shoot-out in the Bistro when Scott went berserk with a gun. And secrets were unearthed as Johnny revealed to Jenny his role in the armed robbery many years ago in which a security guard was
    injured. Now, you’d think all of this would be exciting. Scott was finally nabbed by the cops, Jenny was in bits and Johnny’s MS was remembered. But it all fell flat for me. I’m just glad Scott’s on his way out and the Rovers Return pub quiz by
    zoom can carry on next week.

Me too, been rather boring that whole story but I think it might be a set up to split Jenny and Johnny up.

Much more to my liking this week was the wonderful Evelyn playing Scrabble with Roy. It was a nothing scene, a tiny moment, just two amazing actors doing what they get paid for and doing it well.

My favourite scene of the week, that one. I could feel the way they felt, IYKWIM.

--
    kat
    >^..^<

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From GordonD@21:1/5 to kat on Sat Nov 7 10:44:06 2020
    On 31/10/2020 12:07, kat wrote:

Much more to my liking this week was the wonderful Evelyn playing
    Scrabble with Roy. It was a nothing scene, a tiny moment, just two
    amazing actors doing what they get paid for and doing it well.

My favourite scene of the week, that one. I could feel the way they
    felt, IYKWIM.

IYKWIM?

Sorry, that's not a valid Scrabble word.

--
    Gordon Davie
    Edinburgh, Scotland

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kat@21:1/5 to GordonD on Sat Nov 7 15:29:00 2020
    On 07/11/2020 10:44, GordonD wrote:

Much more to my liking this week was the wonderful Evelyn playing Scrabble >>> with Roy. It was a nothing scene, a tiny moment, just two amazing actors >>> doing what they get paid for and doing it well.

My favourite scene of the week, that one. I could feel the way they felt, IYKWIM.

IYKWIM?

Yet. When they update it could be. ;-)

--
    kat
    >^..^<

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lucretia Borgia@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 7 13:19:46 2020
    On Sat, 7 Nov 2020 10:44:06 +0000, GordonD <g.davie@btinternet.com>
    wrote:

Much more to my liking this week was the wonderful Evelyn playing
    Scrabble with Roy. It was a nothing scene, a tiny moment, just two
    amazing actors doing what they get paid for and doing it well.

My favourite scene of the week, that one. I could feel the way they
    felt, IYKWIM.

IYKWIM?

Sorry, IYKWIM :0

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05