• Red Triangle films on Channel 4

From sullivanpauly@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Scott Gilhooly on Mon Sep 12 14:35:46 2016
    On Friday, September 19, 1997 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Scott Gilhooly wrote:
    in the mid eighties there were a series of films on Channel 4 preceded
    by a red triangle warning. I remember watching these as a teenager, admittedly, on the off chance of something dirty but being surprised that some of the films were actually very good. of course now I don't remember any of the names except "Pixote". What I'm after is a list of the films
    that were on so I can try to see them again with a more mature perspective!

Anyone know where I can find one??

Thanks
    Scott

I remember Montenegro and maybe themroc- I was 17 at the time in 1986 - one of which I though was in 1986 may have been later and that was the French movie BOF
    which some one has mentioned on here,,

my question is though there was another movie I saw - don't remember if it was 1986 red triangle movie or later on in the 90's - it was in black and white Russian/german?? set during wartime - some scenes involved a female having sex with a much older
    guy on a settee getting pregnant she later on befriends a younger man who ends up thinking the child is is, another scene involves soldiers searching houses for enemies and another sex scene takes place with a local woman - this film has bugged me for
    years - anyone any ideas

may have been a 1986 red triangle or part of another series later on - also remember Bergmans virgin spring - maybe around the same time as that

many thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From melharley88@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 25 05:51:06 2017
    This is the film I have been after Does anyone have an answer?

Thanks people.

Regards

Mel
    my question is though there was another movie I saw - don't remember if it was 1986 red triangle movie or later on in the 90's - it was in black and white Russian/german?? set during wartime - some scenes involved a female having sex with a much
    older guy on a settee getting pregnant she later on befriends a younger man who ends up thinking the child is is, another scene involves soldiers searching houses for enemies and another sex scene takes place with a local woman - this film has bugged me
    for years - anyone any ideas

may have been a 1986 red triangle or part of another series later on - also remember Bergmans virgin spring - maybe around the same time as that

many thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Stuart Herkes@21:1/5 to Scott Gilhooly on Sun Aug 14 05:18:55 2022
    On Friday, September 19, 1997 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Scott Gilhooly wrote:
    in the mid eighties there were a series of films on Channel 4 preceded
    by a red triangle warning. I remember watching these as a teenager, admittedly, on the off chance of something dirty but being surprised that some of the films were actually very good. of course now I don't remember
    any of the names except "Pixote". What I'm after is a list of the films
    that were on so I can try to see them again with a more mature perspective! Anyone know where I can find one??
    Thanks
    Scott
    Letterbox lists all 10 films, theywere:
    Thermroc 1973
    Pastrol hide & seek 1974
    Throw away your books, rally in the streets 1971
    Identification of a woman 1982
    Pixote 1981
    The Clinic 1982
    montenegro or Pis & pearls 1981
    Die beruta 1981
    Out of the blue 1980 (directed by Dennis hopper)
    The Wall 1983
    hope this helps!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05