• Citizen Kane (US) 1941

From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to wlah...@gmail.com on Tue Aug 17 22:32:35 2021
    On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 6:25:23 PM UTC-7, wlah...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hey,

Sometimes you just don't know how good you've got it. Growing up in Queens, NY in the post-World War II era, the television played movie after movie. The TV was down in the basement of a house whose family was at odds with itself and it was my
    sanctuary of sorts from the rancor and petty spats. What was great about the experience is that the movies played indiscriminately as the good, the bad and the ridiculous followed one another almost endlessly.

When Citizen Kane came on, it wasn't preceded by a guy in a suit going on about the importance of this or the significance of that. It was just another movie in a sea of movies. Although it stood out – so did numerous other films – sometimes I find
    the cult of personality surrounding Orson Welles as distressing as the slavish devotion critics have for what it a good film and that's about all. There is no need – on my part – to pick the film apart.

There is some other need being filled by what passes for passion in regards to this film. Damned if I know what it is.

https://www.yardbarker.com/entertainment/articles/20_facts_you_might_not_know_about_citizen_kane/s1__35304992

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)