• DR. Strangelove pretty close to the truth

From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to neo...@webtv.net on Tue Aug 17 21:58:39 2021
    On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 9:31:17 AM UTC-7, neo...@webtv.net wrote:
    Haven't seen much of this film but I believe it is about a a madman trying to get control of the nuclear arsenal to attack Russia, clearly remember Matthau putting forward this idea in Failsafe ( a film that followed the book to the letter IIRC )
    Curtis Le May the head of SAC spent a lot of time trying to get The President cut out of the loop. he famously said " if there is one Russian left and two Americans I consider that victory " He was the vice -presidential nominee on the Wallace ticket
    until he spouted his views in front of the media then ashes ashes all fall down. I bet you didn't know : in large part due to Le May twice as many Japanese civilians as combatants were killed in WW2 including an incredible 140,000 in one firebombing of
    Tokyo.

https://screenrant.com/dr-strangelove-timeless-scenes-still-work-today/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to neo...@webtv.net on Fri Aug 20 18:01:39 2021
    Haven't seen much of this film but I believe it is about a a madman trying to get control of the nuclear arsenal to attack Russia, clearly remember Matthau putting forward this idea in Failsafe ( a film that followed the book to the letter IIRC )
    Curtis Le May the head of SAC spent a lot of time trying to get The President cut out of the loop. he famously said " if there is one Russian left and two Americans I consider that victory " He was the vice -presidential nominee on the Wallace ticket
    until he spouted his views in front of the media then ashes ashes all fall down. I bet you didn't know : in large part due to Le May twice as many Japanese civilians as combatants were killed in WW2 including an incredible 140,000 in one firebombing of
    Tokyo.

Best Kubrick movie?:

https://screenrant.com/stanley-kubrick-movies-ranked-worst-best/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to neo...@webtv.net on Sun Mar 13 23:45:24 2022
    On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 6:31:17 AM UTC-10, neo...@webtv.net wrote:
    Tokyo.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/india-accidentally-fired-missile-that-entered-pakistan-says-govt/videoshow/90155889.cms

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to neo...@webtv.net on Thu May 12 01:06:08 2022
    Tokyo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbsWqoQpwhA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05