• Re: Klute (US) 1971

From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to wlah...@gmail.com on Tue Oct 5 20:32:38 2021
    On Sunday, August 4, 2019 at 4:20:10 PM UTC-7, wlah...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hey,

Had no intention of seeing this film again – let alone writing about it – when I stumbled across it in a box of DVDs while looking for something else. One of my favorite Hollywood films, I thought I'd watch the first ten minutes and move on. That
    didn't happen. It's that kind of movie.

Released a year before Jane Fonda's controversial trip to Hanoi, the story is about John Klute (Donald Sutherland) and his investigation into his missing friend. The trail leads to a New York City prostitute named Bree Daniels (Jane Fonda) who may or
    may not have useful information. Everybody has a secret and few are talking. This is the first installment of Alan J Pakula's paranoid trilogy that followed with The Parallax View and All The President's Men.

This film also falls in among other brilliant films filmed in New York City in that era such as The Godfather, Midnight Cowboy, Panic In Needle Park, and numerous others.

Directed by Alan J Pakula from a screenplay by Andy Lewis and Dave Lewis. Cinematography by Gordon Willis and music by Michael Small. Starring Donald Sutherland, Jane Fonda, Charles Cioffi, and Roy Scheider, among others.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/jun/25/klute-film-50th-anniversary-jane-fonda

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)