• The Double Hour (Italy) 2009

From wlahearn@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 2 22:45:43 2021
    Hey,

While watching this movie, I did something I rarely – if ever – do: I paused the stream and moved the action back a few minutes. Twice. It’s that kind of film.

Ostensibly, it’s a heist film that opens with a love story, and that love story opens with Sonia – a maid at a swank hotel – who finds that a female guest took a header out of the window while she cleaned the guest’s room. After that she goes to
    a speed-dating club and meets Guido, an ex-cop and now a security guard for an incredibly rich client. Guido is taken with Sonia and wants to show her the estate where he works. To do that he has to turn off all the video surveillance to prevent alarms
    going off. While walking through the woods, masked gunmen take them hostage back to the manor.

What actually happened and who made what happened happen is the rest of the movie and it’s an odd and interesting ride.

Directed by Giuseppe Capotondi from a screenplay by Alessandro Fabbri, Ludovica Rampoldi, Stefano Sardo. Cinematography by Tat Radcliffe and music by Pasquale Catalano. Starring Filippo Timi, Ksenlya Rappoport, and Antonia Truppo, among others.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)