• True Lies... "she has an ass like a 10-year-old boy"?

From Shiro Nakatomi@21:1/5 to John Doe on Wed Sep 15 04:26:24 2021
    On Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 1:55:51 PM UTC-6, John Doe wrote:
    I don't get it. Any of you guys know what the used car salesman was
    talking about?

That line is in the movie because it is NOTORIOUS. It comes from one of Ian Flemming's James Bond novels. Flemming got a lot of shit for it. Everyone complained that is a disgusting way to describe a woman. Especially when you're saying she's attractive.
    Who would want to be compare to that?

Nobody knows why Flemming wrote that in his spy novel. BUT - True Lies is a spy comedy. This dorky character is a dumb jerk pretending to be a spy. So I'm thinking it's meant to creep us out (it worked) and illustrate that not only is the guy a creep he'
    s cribbing the WORST spy lines he's ever read to fake his way into a woman's panties.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mack A. Damia@21:1/5 to kongbcs@gmail.com on Wed Sep 15 07:57:42 2021
    On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 04:26:24 -0700 (PDT), Shiro Nakatomi
    <kongbcs@gmail.com> wrote:

On Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 1:55:51 PM UTC-6, John Doe wrote:
    I don't get it. Any of you guys know what the used car salesman was
    talking about?

That line is in the movie because it is NOTORIOUS. It comes from one of Ian Flemming's James Bond novels. Flemming got a lot of shit for it. Everyone complained that is a disgusting way to describe a woman. Especially when you're saying she's attractive.
    Who would want to be compare to that?

Nobody knows why Flemming wrote that in his spy novel. BUT - True Lies is a spy comedy. This dorky character is a dumb jerk pretending to be a spy. So I'm thinking it's meant to creep us out (it worked) and illustrate that not only is the guy a creep he'
    s cribbing the WORST spy lines he's ever read to fake his way into a woman's panties.

No evidence that Fleming wrote it. Find a reference if you can.

There is a reference that it was said about Paul McCartney.

Several reference to Bill Paxton, too.

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bill-Paxton-Channeled-His-Own-Father-2-His-Sleaziest-Roles-71648.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)