From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 13 17:53:43 2023
    On Wednesday, June 23, 2004 at 5:52:44 PM UTC-7, PAVELB1 wrote:
    From IMDB:
    "Marilyn Monroe was originally cast as Holly Golighty but her
    drama-coach, Lee Strasberg, said to her that playing a call-girl was
    not good for her new image."
    I haven't read the book, but i didn't get the impression from the
    movie she was a call girl.....a socialite and a woman who would take
    money from her suitors...but not nessecerily an out-an-out call girl.
    Is the novel more explicit about this?

Chatbot's BARD answer to the question: At the beginning of the movie "Brealfast at Tiffany's", why does Holly look into the Tiffany showcase window?

Holly Golightly, played by Audrey Hepburn, looks into the Tiffany & Co. showcase window at the beginning of the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's" for a number of reasons.

It's a reminder of her childhood. Holly grew up in poverty, and Tiffany's was a place she dreamed of going. She once told her friend, Paul, that "Tiffany's is always there, and it's always wonderful, and I never get tired of looking at it."

It represents her dreams for the future. Holly is a young woman with big dreams, and Tiffany's represents her hope for a better life. She wants to be rich and successful, and she sees Tiffany's as a symbol of that.

It's a place of peace and tranquility. Holly's life is often chaotic and stressful, but when she looks at the Tiffany's showcase window, she feels calm and peaceful. It's a place where she can escape from her troubles and simply enjoy the beauty of the
    moment.

It's a place of love. Holly is searching for love, and she sees Tiffany's as a place where she might find it. She once told Paul that "I think if I ever saw a diamond in the Tiffany window, I'd know right away if that was the man I was meant to marry."

In the end, Holly's love for Tiffany's is more than just a superficial appreciation for beauty. It's a symbol of her dreams, her hopes, and her search for love.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)