• OT: "Monk" TV movie in the future

From Lenona@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 17 14:14:52 2023
    I just found out.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27145269/?ref_=nm_flmg_unrel_1_act

(SPOILER from 2009)

IMHO, it was a mistake to create a certain character in the finale of the TV series, back then.

Why? Because while the writer's intention was sweet, I just can't imagine Adrian not making an awful nuisance of himself in the future without meaning to - sadly. (Not that I could exactly blame him either.)

I adored Adrian and I even found myself wanting to fall in love with him at one point - but I couldn't. On the one hand, he's clearly a sweetheart in more ways than one. Trouble is, even when you take away his phobias, he's also an incredibly selfish
    person - and he doesn't even know it.

(Prime examples of that selfishness appeared in the early scenes of "Mr. Monk Buys a House," "Mr. Monk is the Best Man," and the last scene of "Mr. Monk Goes to a Fashion Show." I'm sure there were more.)

And while I'm at it, I used to wonder "why does Randy have to be such an idiot?"

It slowly dawned on me. While some say his purpose is to give comic relief to the show (I don't buy that; Adrian offers plenty on his own), *I* think that if Randy didn't exist, certain other characters would seem kind of...well, silly and superfluous.

Let's face it; you never saw Sharona doing anything only an R.N. could do - not even CPR, I think - yes, I know you don't have to be a nurse for that - and Natalie isn't even a nurse.

Sad to say, there is no sign of John Turturro. (I adored Ambrose almost as much.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)