• Fun take on "The Addams Family"

From Lenona@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 15 13:19:42 2023
    There are 84 comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/10a0p80/the_addams_family/

Posted by u/aRubby 3 days ago

"I know, I know. Kinda weird to start a post here like that, but can we talk about them for a minute? And I had no idea where else to post this.

"Disclaimer: mostly I'm referring to the 1960's and 90's adaptations and the original comic panels*. The most recent ones managed to lose everything they mean, stand for, support and are. Like, why? Feel free to discuss.

"So... I saw a post recently about the Addams family sitcom. They were the only couple in the 1960's that you could actually see having kids. They have control over Wednesday and Pugsley, they support their kids and treat them like kids should be treated,
    while respecting them and their interests.

"Morticia and Gomez are a loving and caring couple, who even after years of being married, two kids and a live-in family, still love and care for eachother, with an active and healthy sex life.

"They're couple goals. They should always be couple and family goals for everyone, with or without kids.

"They let Pugsley join the boy scouts, even not knowing what it is, because it makes their son happy (ep2, 1964). They take their kids to summer camp because they were told out would make them happy (1993).

"They take interest in each others hobbies and passions. They have lives and personalities outside 'I'm married and a parent'. Interesting personalities, at that.

"So why do people still say 'fuck Romeo and Juliet. I want a relationship like Harley and Joker'(both extremely toxic relationships, btw), when Morticia and Gomez are right here? A healthy example of what a relationship should be, even after 20 years of
    marriage. Is it because they're 'odd'?

"If the only(one of the few? I haven't any other...) healthy relationship we see in media is from a weird family, what does this say about our society?

"Also, am I the only one who wanted them to be my parents growing up?

"ETA: mistranslated term."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ant@21:1/5 to Lenona on Tue Jan 17 16:01:36 2023
    Original Munsters were better. :P

Lenona <lenona321@yahoo.com> wrote:
    There are 84 comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/10a0p80/the_addams_family/

Posted by u/aRubby 3 days ago

"I know, I know. Kinda weird to start a post here like that, but can we talk about them for a minute? And I had no idea where else to post this.

"Disclaimer: mostly I'm referring to the 1960's and 90's adaptations and the original comic panels*. The most recent ones managed to lose everything they mean, stand for, support and are. Like, why? Feel free to discuss.

"So... I saw a post recently about the Addams family sitcom. They were the only couple in the 1960's that you could actually see having kids. They have control over Wednesday and Pugsley, they support their kids and treat them like kids should be
    treated, while respecting them and their interests.

"Morticia and Gomez are a loving and caring couple, who even after years of being married, two kids and a live-in family, still love and care for eachother, with an active and healthy sex life.

"They're couple goals. They should always be couple and family goals for everyone, with or without kids.

"They let Pugsley join the boy scouts, even not knowing what it is, because it makes their son happy (ep2, 1964). They take their kids to summer camp because they were told out would make them happy (1993).

"They take interest in each others hobbies and passions. They have lives and personalities outside 'I'm married and a parent'. Interesting personalities, at that.

"So why do people still say 'fuck Romeo and Juliet. I want a relationship like Harley and Joker'(both extremely toxic relationships, btw), when Morticia and Gomez are right here? A healthy example of what a relationship should be, even after 20 years
    of marriage. Is it because they're 'odd'?

"If the only(one of the few? I haven't any other...) healthy relationship we see in media is from a weird family, what does this say about our society?

"Also, am I the only one who wanted them to be my parents growing up?

"ETA: mistranslated term."

--
    "If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." --Psalm 139:9-10. 3rd repaired old nest's roof still leaked over da long Dr. MLK, Jr.'s weekend. 1 day,
    it'll stop leaking according to a dream.
    Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
    /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org.
    / /\ /\ \ Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail.
    | |o o| |
    \ _ /
    ( )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)