• THE GODFATHER/THE OFFER

From Bill Anderson@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 26 04:00:01 2022
    This isn’t really a post about the Godfather. I just want to recommend a TV miniseries that had escaped my notice until a few weeks ago. THE OFFER (as
    in one you can’t refuse) is a 10 part series on Paramount+ that dramatizes the making of the Godfather. The story is told from the perspective of the movie’s producer Al Ruddy, creator of Hogan’s Heroes, and later producer of THE LONGEST YARD, MILLION DOLLAR BABY, and other familiar movies.

Miles Teller plays Ruddy, and Juno Temple from TED LASSO is his invaluable secretary. The show is filled with unknowns playing famous actors like Ali MacGraw, Burt Reynolds, Marlon Brando, James Caan, Al Pacino, and you know
    the rest. In addition actors play real people like Francis Ford Coppola,
    Mario Puzo, Bob Evans, and other behind-the-scenes players. They all do a fantastic job.

I suspect the story isn’t 100% accurate, especially when it comes to Mafia involvement in the production of the movie. Still, THE OFFER itself is in
    many ways a mob story like the Godfather. Joe Columbio and Joe Gallo, are fully represented in the story, and there is plenty of mob violence. Did
    you know there was real mob violence associated with the making of THE GODFATHER? I did not know that. But that’s what the series says.

One of the joys of the series is watching the filming of scenes we know
    well. Instead of seeing the scenes played out again, though, what we see is what went on behind the scenes to produce things like the attack on Don Corleone, the death of Michael’s girlfriend in the car in Sicily, and other memorable moments.

I thought this was a great series about the making of a great movie. If you like THE GODFATHER, I recommend you seek it out. It is almost as
    entertaining as the movie.

--
    Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)