• ANOTHER THIN MAN (1939)

From Bill Anderson@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 11 03:04:58 2022
    I wanted something fun to watch and there it was, available to me, and I didn’t remember whether I had ever seen it before, so I queued it up and watched it, sure, why not? Nick and Nora have murders to solve and they
    also have a baby and the plot is so convoluted it’s probably not worth the trouble to care who dunnit. What makes the movie worth watching is of
    course the interplay between William Powell and Claudette Colbert. He is debonair, she is a wonder to behold, their chemistry is unequaled, and I
    loved the movie start to finish. I still don’t remember whether I had seen it before, but yeah, it was fun to watch.

--
    Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bill Anderson@21:1/5 to Bill Anderson on Sat Sep 10 22:22:50 2022
    I posted this without re-reading. I cannot believe I actually said Nora Charles was played by Claudette Colbert. Clearly I am losing it in my
    old age. It was Myrna Loy. The lovely, charming Myrna Loy. And I said Claudette Colbert. Well, she's mighty fine too, but she's no Nora
    Charles. I goofed.

On 9/10/2022 10:04 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:
    I wanted something fun to watch and there it was, available to me, and I didn’t remember whether I had ever seen it before, so I queued it up and watched it, sure, why not? Nick and Nora have murders to solve and they
    also have a baby and the plot is so convoluted it’s probably not worth the trouble to care who dunnit. What makes the movie worth watching is of
    course the interplay between William Powell and Claudette Colbert. He is debonair, she is a wonder to behold, their chemistry is unequaled, and I loved the movie start to finish. I still don’t remember whether I had seen it before, but yeah, it was fun to watch.

--
    Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to Bill Anderson on Sat Sep 10 21:21:51 2022
    On Saturday, September 10, 2022 at 8:05:05 PM UTC-7, Bill Anderson wrote:
    course the interplay between William Powell and Claudette Colbert. He is debonair, she is a wonder to behold, their chemistry is unequaled, and I loved the movie start to finish. I still don’t remember whether I had seen it before, but yeah, it was fun to watch.

--
    Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22another+thin+man%22&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=600&ei=LWIdY8DKKLvdkPIPgpeOkA4&iflsig=AJiK0e8AAAAAYx1wPe36J3K-qBwlgKJufhQnv-UhBmSz&ved=0ahUKEwiAldXa8Yv6AhW7LkQIHYKLA-IQ4dUDCAc&uact=5&oq=%22another+thin+man%22&gs_lcp=
    CgNpbWcQAzIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIECAAQHjIECAAQGDIECAAQGDIECAAQGDIECAAQGDIECAAQGDIECAAQGDoICAAQgAQQsQM6CAgAELEDEIMBOgsIABCABBCxAxCDAToGCAAQHhAIUABYuCNgqyZoAXAAeACAAboBiAGkDZIBBDE3LjKYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ7ABAA&sclient=img

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Sat Sep 10 21:33:44 2022
    On Saturday, September 10, 2022 at 9:21:52 PM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
    I wanted something fun to watch and there it was, available to me, and I didn’t remember whether I had ever seen it before, so I queued it up and watched it, sure, why not? Nick and Nora have murders to solve and they also have a baby and the plot is so convoluted it’s probably not worth the
    trouble to care who dunnit. What makes the movie worth watching is of course the interplay between William Powell and Claudette Colbert. He is debonair, she is a wonder to behold, their chemistry is unequaled, and I loved the movie start to finish. I still don’t remember whether I had seen
    it before, but yeah, it was fun to watch.

--
    Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog
    https://www.google.com/search?q=%22another+thin+man%22&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=600&ei=LWIdY8DKKLvdkPIPgpeOkA4&iflsig=AJiK0e8AAAAAYx1wPe36J3K-qBwlgKJufhQnv-UhBmSz&ved=0ahUKEwiAldXa8Yv6AhW7LkQIHYKLA-IQ4dUDCAc&uact=5&oq=%22another+thin+man%22&gs_
    lcp=CgNpbWcQAzIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIECAAQHjIECAAQGDIECAAQGDIECAAQGDIECAAQGDIECAAQGDIECAAQGDoICAAQgAQQsQM6CAgAELEDEIMBOgsIABCABBCxAxCDAToGCAAQHhAIUABYuCNgqyZoAXAAeACAAboBiAGkDZIBBDE3LjKYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ7ABAA&sclient=img

(2022 Youtube upload):

"THE THIN MAN MOVIE REVIEWS #642-647"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to Bill Anderson on Sun Sep 11 09:07:16 2022
    On 9/10/2022 11:22 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:
    I posted this without re-reading.  I cannot believe I actually said Nora Charles was played by Claudette Colbert.  Clearly I am losing it in my
    old age.  It was Myrna Loy.  The lovely, charming Myrna Loy.  And I said Claudette Colbert.  Well, she's mighty fine too, but she's no Nora
    Charles. I goofed.

I'm sure you'll be forgiven by someone somewhere.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wlahearn@gmail.com@21:1/5 to moviePig on Sun Sep 11 11:36:21 2022
    On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 9:07:20 AM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:

Not me.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill Anderson@21:1/5 to wlah...@gmail.com on Sun Sep 11 19:31:17 2022
    wlah...@gmail.com <wlahearn@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 9:07:20 AM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:

Not me.

+1

--
    Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to Bill Anderson on Sun Sep 11 12:52:51 2022

--
    Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Am I the only one who has noticed that the way that Loy and Powell interact is similar to the way TOPPER's Grant and Bennett interact?:

https://legendarycarygrant.com/topper.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05