• Hugo Finalists? Sometime Before Glasgow? Please?

From evelynchimelisleeper@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 6 08:07:03 2023
    Thank Ghu the convention was postponed, because they have taken fer-frickin'-ever to get all the Hugo nominating/announcing/voting stuff going.

Will we *ever* see a list of finalists?

Yes, I know they had difficulty figuring out word counts for stuff in Chinese. Yes, I know they had difficulty translating/transliterating titles and names. Should this have blind-sided them? I don't think so. How did Japan manage all this so much
    more gracefully?

--
    Evelyn C. Leeper

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From evelynchimelisleeper@gmail.com@21:1/5 to eleeper@optonline.net on Thu Jul 6 08:08:15 2023
    I swear to Ghu, I posted this, went to my next tab in my browser and there were the finalists!

However, everything I said still holds.

On Thursday, July 6, 2023 at 11:07:05 AM UTC-4, eleeper@optonline.net wrote:
    Thank Ghu the convention was postponed, because they have taken fer-frickin'-ever to get all the Hugo nominating/announcing/voting stuff going.

Will we *ever* see a list of finalists?

Yes, I know they had difficulty figuring out word counts for stuff in Chinese. Yes, I know they had difficulty translating/transliterating titles and names. Should this have blind-sided them? I don't think so. How did Japan manage all this so much more
    gracefully?

--
    Evelyn C. Leeper

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)