• info on antique Skandinaven sewing machine

From jboe@utma.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 17 10:24:58 2018
    Have you found info on the Skandinavan sewing machine? I recently acquired one that was my great grandmothers. Can’t find anything on it. Thx. Jboe@utma.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jnkliddell@gmail.com@21:1/5 to sne...@my-dejanews.com on Fri Jun 1 11:08:55 2018
    On Wednesday, June 24, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, sne...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
    Has anyone ever heard of a "Skandinaven" sewing machine? My wife has fallen in love with one at an antique shop. It is a "coffin top" treadle machine in almost immaculate original condition. It includes an oil can, two owner's manuals, one in English and one in either Danish or Norwegian, and a box of attachments. The attachments box is tin and has the name "Parsons" on it. Would this be the machine manufacturers name? Or are they maybe an aftermarket item?

I have searched several sewing machine web-sites, but have not found any information on this particular brand, so any information you have would be helpful. I could not seem to find a serial number on the machine, but would still be interested in an approximate age.
    Thanks!

-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jnkliddell@gmail.com@21:1/5 to sne...@my-dejanews.com on Fri Jun 1 11:11:07 2018
    On Wednesday, June 24, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, sne...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
    Has anyone ever heard of a "Skandinaven" sewing machine? My wife has fallen in love with one at an antique shop. It is a "coffin top" treadle machine in almost immaculate original condition. It includes an oil can, two owner's manuals, one in English and one in either Danish or Norwegian, and a box of attachments. The attachments box is tin and has the name "Parsons" on it. Would this be the machine manufacturers name? Or are they maybe an aftermarket item?

I have searched several sewing machine web-sites, but have not found any information on this particular brand, so any information you have would be helpful. I could not seem to find a serial number on the machine, but would still be interested in an approximate age.
    Thanks!

-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

I don't know how you are connected to my G-mail account but I don't believe I Kno these people. Please update me on this information

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jnkliddell@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Steve and Terri on Fri Jun 1 11:09:23 2018
    On Thursday, July 2, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Steve and Terri wrote:
    RANHAM1 (ranham1@aol.com) wrote:
    : I have a Singer sewing machine trendle type complete with all antique
    : attachments, serial number is 10832908 the patent is dated 1887 and has the top
    : hood covering the machine with a drop lief side, cast iron stand. I would be
    : very interested in finding out what this antique is worth. Please reply to : ranham1@aol.com

The serial number dates this machine at about 1890, if I remember
    correctly. (You can call Singer's Consumer Affairs dept at 1-800-474-6437
    in the US to find out a more exact date and the model.) Value depends a
    lot on what condition the machine is in, the market you're in, and what
    model you have. Pre-1900 Singers (assuming the machine is complete and in good shape) are a little more desirable than some other treadle machines
    made after 1880, but all but the very earliest Singers were made by the millions, and so most models are not considered at all rare.

Terri

--
    Terri Carl
    terric@neosoft.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05