• QRB refinisher question

From debbiej4673@gmail.com@21:1/5 to HRDC Fredericton on Fri Aug 14 21:03:30 2015
    On Monday, July 29, 1996 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, HRDC Fredericton wrote:
    Last night I saw a paid-advertisement for QRB (Quickly Restores Beauty) a new
    furniture refinisher. For $49.95 + S&H (US) you receive the stripper (which is reusable), stain (with color capsules to make colored stains), and two bottles of scratch remover.

Has anyone used this? Was it worth it? What's it like? Do any store products compare?

I'd appreciate your comments/advice.

Suzanne McLean

*** I bought some online years ago; it sat in storage for years. I decided to try it on a yard sale coffee table that had been painted several times. It was amazing! Stripped through several layers of paint down to the wood, with no damage at all to the
    table. I want to buy more and can't find it online--if you have a web site, I'd like to know!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From melodie2184@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 30 08:03:14 2015
    I bought and used QRB back when the dad owned the business. It was amazing!!! Did exactly what the father said it would.
    However, I recently bought it and let me tell you there is NO comparison to the original since the sin took it over.
    It didn't strip like it should even though it ate through all the gloves I tried to protect my skin with. The original formula did not!the original scraped off with ease with a piece of cardboard. The new one, did not! Plus it is very strong and major
    ventilation is needed!
    I will not buy anymore, unless the son returns to the original formula. It really works, and with ease!
    So bye bye QRB until you change back!
    Melodie, from Florida!
    Are you going back to the original formula??? Please!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bluefox1545@gmail.com@21:1/5 to HRDC Fredericton on Fri Jan 20 21:16:16 2017
    On Monday, July 29, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, HRDC Fredericton wrote:
    Last night I saw a paid-advertisement for QRB (Quickly Restores Beauty) a new furniture refinisher. For $49.95 + S&H (US) you receive the stripper (which is reusable), stain (with color capsules to make colored stains), and two bottles of scratch remover.

Has anyone used this? Was it worth it? What's it like? Do any store products compare?

I'd appreciate your comments/advice.

Suzanne McLean

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wandafuehrer@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 16 02:41:59 2019
    I got my 0QRB stripper from our neighbor. He ordered it some 15 years ago and never used it. Given to me years later,, I can say this still works. I hadn't tried other removers or color tinting so can't speak for them.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From daphnehelper@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 27 11:30:53 2020
    I am sitting here shaking my head at myself, at how I wasted $57.90(tax included) on a product I NEVER used, and purchased waaayy back in 09/15/97! I am in the process of cleaning out a closet, and there it was. Box in back of closet with all the items,
    and not even opened! I'm contemplating keeping the dark stained scratch remover just to see if it works, but that's with trepidation for fear it might combust in my face if I opened the bottle 😆

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05