• The Bartlett treadle sewing machine info please?

From juliazugel@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 16 21:42:55 2015
    I'm hoping that I can find some information on this old post as well. Today I purchased a Bartlett machine. It is in pretty poor condition, and probably not worth the $40 that I paid for it... probably not worth any more than the price of the steel in it.
    However, I'm going to try to get it back into operating condition if I can get the mechanism unfrozen. :) The cabinet is damaged by water and there is some (but only surface) rust on the parts. The pattern of the cast iron is very interesting
    reminescent of Frank Lloyd Write (sp?) architecture. I want to be able to use it for sewing, so since its in such poor condition I'll have to rebuild quite a bit of the cabinet. Basically, I would love any information that anyone can come up with
    Julia Zugel
    juliazugel@ymail.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From haroldinkc@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 27 23:38:48 2016
    I to own one of The Bartlett treddle sewing machines patented 1892, with a lot of attachments. I'm looking for any info available.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mimijean55@gmail.com@21:1/5 to harol...@gmail.com on Wed Nov 15 16:33:28 2017
    On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 1:38:49 AM UTC-5, harol...@gmail.com wrote:
    I to own one of The Bartlett treddle sewing machines patented 1892, with a lot of attachments. I'm looking for any info available.

Bartlett machines, and this depends on your exact machine, were badged machines made by National, White or Davis. The one Katm and Marie Jaasrma have are a National VS.

There are several vintage sewing machine groups on FB that can help any of you work on your machines or find parts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VintageSewingMachines/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moliveira777.mo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 13 18:08:42 2020
    Mine is as well. Any info I can find is helpful

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05