• Usenet protocol. Was: Re: Who are failing Maori?

From Rich80105@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 9 23:12:23 2024
    On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:34:12 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid>
    wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 04:33:02 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
    On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    On 2024-02-08, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
    On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>> wrote:

Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> wrote:
    On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
    Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person but >>>>>>>>>>>>sometimes
    he
    gets it and puiblishes it.
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there is no >>>>>>>>>>>>harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.
    https://www.voxy.co.nz/politics/waitangi-opinion-piece-from-brian-tamaki/8609/

I think we are going to see more more of this view point being said as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of Maori >>>>>>>>>>descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the bottom feeders
    Peeni
    Henare and Willie Jackson.
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and not the >>>>>>>>>>greedy
    elite.

I have always wondered how the 'Maori Elite' got to that status. Given >>>>>>>>>that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more likely >>>>>>>>>they were appointed than elected.
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of the >>>>>>>>current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you consider >>>>>>>>the
    culture on the Marae is to talk and debate.

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for Seymour >>>>>>> disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush of >>>>>>> being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a
    referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as >>>>>>> delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened of >>>>>>> debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to hold any >>>>>>> Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history anyway. >>>>>>> A fine bunch of charlatans you support, Tony.

Was not the Government voted in by the people?
    Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament,
    and also for one political party - the collective result of the party >>>>vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not
    disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible
    that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its >>>>true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow more >>>>people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the fuel >>>>surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy or >>>deliberate nastiness.
    I was addressing anyone that read the question - nz.general is a
    usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a
    poster rather than addressing the question and answer.

The convention in Usenet is to answer one poster at a time. I have
    been doing this since early 1996. Every post is to an individual - if
    I wish to respond to multiple posters in a thread I do so separately
    to each individual. This is a simple courtesy and convention which
    you seem to be unaware of.

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any
    group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do
    not believe you without some evidence.

Have a look here for example
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
    or
    https://academic.oup.com/jcmc/article/2/4/JCMC2410/4584388

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part
    of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported
    "courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Fri Feb 9 19:04:49 2024
    wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>> wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>wrote:

Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person but >>>>>>>>>>>>>sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there is no >>>>>>>>>>>>>harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point being said >>>>>>>>>>>>as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of Maori >>>>>>>>>>>descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the bottom >>>>>>>>>>>feeders
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and not the >>>>>>>>>>>greedy
    elite.

I have always wondered how the 'Maori Elite' got to that status. Given
    that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more likely >>>>>>>>>>they were appointed than elected.
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of the >>>>>>>>>current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you >>>>>>>>>consider
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for Seymour >>>>>>>> disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush of >>>>>>>> being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a
    referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as >>>>>>>> delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened of >>>>>>>> debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to hold any >>>>>>>> Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history anyway. >>>>>>>> A fine bunch of charlatans you support, Tony.

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party >>>>>vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its >>>>>true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow more >>>>>people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the fuel >>>>>surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy or >>>>deliberate nastiness.
    usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a

or

of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual.
    You are the only person in Usenet that does not understand that you are being cowardly and sneaky or perhaps merely nasty.
    The way you post like this is wrong and you know it - you will however put on your five year old shoes and stomp all over other people's rights.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Crash@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 10 11:43:50 2024
    On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:12:23 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>> wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>wrote:

Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person but >>>>>>>>>>>>>sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there is no >>>>>>>>>>>>>harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of Maori >>>>>>>>>>>descent.
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and not the >>>>>>>>>>>greedy
    elite.

that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more likely >>>>>>>>>>they were appointed than elected.
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of the >>>>>>>>>current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you consider
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for Seymour >>>>>>>> disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush of >>>>>>>> being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a
    referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as >>>>>>>> delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened of >>>>>>>> debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to hold any >>>>>>>> Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history anyway. >>>>>>>> A fine bunch of charlatans you support, Tony.

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party >>>>>vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its >>>>>true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow more >>>>>people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the fuel >>>>>surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy or >>>>deliberate nastiness.
    usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a

or

of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual.

None of which addresses the convention of separately replying to
    multiple parts of a thread. Reich, I am responding to your post. At
    the time of writing there was another response to your post from Tony.
    You can see this protocol demonstrated by my separate response to
    Tony.

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Crash@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 10 11:45:01 2024
    On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 19:04:49 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:34:12 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>> wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person but >>>>>>>>>>>>>>sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there is no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point being said
    as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of Maori >>>>>>>>>>>>descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the bottom >>>>>>>>>>>>feeders
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and not the
    greedy
    elite.

that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more likely >>>>>>>>>>>they were appointed than elected.
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of the >>>>>>>>>>current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you >>>>>>>>>>consider
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for Seymour
    disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush of >>>>>>>>> being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as >>>>>>>>> delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened of
    debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to hold any >>>>>>>>> Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history anyway. >>>>>>>>> A fine bunch of charlatans you support, Tony.

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party >>>>>>vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its >>>>>>true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow more >>>>>>people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the fuel >>>>>>surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy or >>>>>deliberate nastiness.
    usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any >>group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do

or

of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual.
    You are the only person in Usenet that does not understand that you are being >cowardly and sneaky or perhaps merely nasty.
    The way you post like this is wrong and you know it - you will however put on >your five year old shoes and stomp all over other people's rights.

Correct Tony. I have responded to Rich's post separately.

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Crash on Fri Feb 9 23:26:44 2024
    wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:34:12 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 04:33:02 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>> wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person but >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point being >>>>>>>>>>>>>>said
    as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of >>>>>>>>>>>>>Maori
    descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the bottom >>>>>>>>>>>>>feeders
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and not >>>>>>>>>>>>>the
    greedy
    elite.

I have always wondered how the 'Maori Elite' got to that status. >>>>>>>>>>>>Given
    that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more likely >>>>>>>>>>>>they were appointed than elected.
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of >>>>>>>>>>>the
    current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you >>>>>>>>>>>consider
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for >>>>>>>>>>Seymour
    disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush of >>>>>>>>>> being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as >>>>>>>>>> delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened >>>>>>>>>>of
    debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to hold any
    Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history anyway.
    A fine bunch of charlatans you support, Tony.

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party >>>>>>>vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its >>>>>>>true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow more >>>>>>>people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the fuel >>>>>>>surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy or >>>>>>deliberate nastiness.
    I was addressing anyone that read the question - nz.general is a >>>>>usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a >>>>>poster rather than addressing the question and answer.

The convention in Usenet is to answer one poster at a time. I have >>>>been doing this since early 1996. Every post is to an individual - if >>>>I wish to respond to multiple posters in a thread I do so separately

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any >>>group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do

or

of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual.
    You are the only person in Usenet that does not understand that you are being >>cowardly and sneaky or perhaps merely nasty.
    The way you post like this is wrong and you know it - you will however put on >>your five year old shoes and stomp all over other people's rights.

He will use any devious activity to muddy the waters. It is what politically obsessed people do. I suspect he is a failed Labour political candidate - or something worse.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 10 21:07:26 2024
    On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:45:01 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid>
    wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>> wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person but >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sometimes
    he
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of Maori
    descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the bottom >>>>>>>>>>>>>feeders
    Peeni
    greedy
    elite.

that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more likely >>>>>>>>>>>>they were appointed than elected.
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of the
    current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you >>>>>>>>>>>consider
    the

disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush of >>>>>>>>>> being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as >>>>>>>>>> delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened of

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party >>>>>>>vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its >>>>>>>true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow more >>>>>>>people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the fuel >>>>>>>surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy or >>>>>>deliberate nastiness.
    I was addressing anyone that read the question - nz.general is a >>>>>usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a >>>>>poster rather than addressing the question and answer.

The convention in Usenet is to answer one poster at a time. I have >>>>been doing this since early 1996. Every post is to an individual - if >>>>I wish to respond to multiple posters in a thread I do so separately

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any >>>group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do

or

of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual.
    You are the only person in Usenet that does not understand that you are being >>cowardly and sneaky or perhaps merely nasty.
    The way you post like this is wrong and you know it - you will however put on >>your five year old shoes and stomp all over other people's rights.

I am not stopping you from posting any way you want, Tony; I am not
    trying to police posts or make up rules. You cannot show me any usenet
    or nz.general "rule" that limits my, or your, freedom to answer posts
    in any way you like, although being offensive and telling lies about
    me is not likely to be very persuasive. Your problem is that you
    cannot abide me tolerating posters having freedom to express
    themselves in their own way, unless there is a clear rule covering the
    issue. Tony demonstrates that the authoritarian right does not believe
    in freedom of expression, and in allowing others to speak their minds
    without being abused because Tony does not agree . . .

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 10 21:03:12 2024
    On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:43:50 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid>
    wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:12:23 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:34:12 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>> wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person but >>>>>>>>>>>>>>sometimes
    he
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of Maori >>>>>>>>>>>>descent.
    Peeni
    greedy
    elite.

that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more likely >>>>>>>>>>>they were appointed than elected.
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of the >>>>>>>>>>current
    the

disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush of >>>>>>>>> being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as >>>>>>>>> delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened of
    debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to hold any >>>>>>>>> Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history anyway. >>>>>>>>> A fine bunch of charlatans you support, Tony.

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party >>>>>>vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its >>>>>>true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow more >>>>>>people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the fuel >>>>>>surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy or >>>>>deliberate nastiness.
    usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any >>group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do

or

of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual.

Tony.

Being your preferred practice does not make this and agreed convention
    - it is your personal preference. It can keep different subjects in
    separate subthreads in some circumstances, in others it will merely
    confuse and prompt duplicate comments in those sub-threads. Your
    preference does not make this a requirement for posting to this usenet
    group.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 10 21:33:12 2024
    On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:26:44 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:34:12 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 04:33:02 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>> wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person but
    sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point being >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>said
    as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maori
    descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the bottom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>feeders
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and not >>>>>>>>>>>>>>the
    greedy
    elite.

I have always wondered how the 'Maori Elite' got to that status. >>>>>>>>>>>>>Given
    that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more likely
    they were appointed than elected.
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of >>>>>>>>>>>>the
    current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you >>>>>>>>>>>>consider
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for >>>>>>>>>>>Seymour
    disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush of >>>>>>>>>>> being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as
    delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened >>>>>>>>>>>of

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party >>>>>>>>vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>>>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>>>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its >>>>>>>>true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow more >>>>>>>>people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the fuel >>>>>>>>surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>>>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy or >>>>>>>deliberate nastiness.
    I was addressing anyone that read the question - nz.general is a >>>>>>usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>>>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a >>>>>>poster rather than addressing the question and answer.

The convention in Usenet is to answer one poster at a time. I have >>>>>been doing this since early 1996. Every post is to an individual - if >>>>>I wish to respond to multiple posters in a thread I do so separately >>>>>to each individual. This is a simple courtesy and convention which >>>>>you seem to be unaware of.

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any >>>>group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do

or

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part >>>>of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual. >>>You are the only person in Usenet that does not understand that you are being
    cowardly and sneaky or perhaps merely nasty.
    The way you post like this is wrong and you know it - you will however put on
    your five year old shoes and stomp all over other people's rights.

He will use any devious activity to muddy the waters. It is what politically >obsessed people do. I suspect he is a failed Labour political candidate - or >something worse.

This is nothing to do with party politics - it is to do with free
    speech and freedom of expression. I have not seen any rules agreed
    among users of nz.general suggesting restrictions on posting of the
    kind you and Crash are proposing. Why do you want to limit freedom of
    speech?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sat Feb 10 20:01:59 2024
    wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:34:12 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>>wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>> wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but
    sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point being >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>said
    as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maori
    descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the bottom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>feeders
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and not >>>>>>>>>>>>>>the
    greedy
    elite.

I have always wondered how the 'Maori Elite' got to that status. >>>>>>>>>>>>>Given
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of >>>>>>>>>>>>the
    current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you >>>>>>>>>>>>consider
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for >>>>>>>>>>>Seymour
    disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush of >>>>>>>>>>> being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as
    delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened >>>>>>>>>>>of
    debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to hold >>>>>>>>>>>any
    Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history >>>>>>>>>>>anyway.

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party >>>>>>>>vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>>>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>>>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its >>>>>>>>true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow more >>>>>>>>people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the fuel >>>>>>>>surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>>>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy or >>>>>>>deliberate nastiness.
    I was addressing anyone that read the question - nz.general is a >>>>>>usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>>>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a >>>>>>poster rather than addressing the question and answer.

The convention in Usenet is to answer one poster at a time. I have >>>>>been doing this since early 1996. Every post is to an individual - if >>>>>I wish to respond to multiple posters in a thread I do so separately >>>>>to each individual. This is a simple courtesy and convention which >>>>>you seem to be unaware of.

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any >>>>group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do

or

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part >>>>of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual. >>>You are the only person in Usenet that does not understand that you are >>>being
    The way you post like this is wrong and you know it - you will however put >>>on

Removed comments deliberately replied to the wrong post.
    There is no worse person than a 5 year old Marxist puppet like Rich.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sat Feb 10 20:03:07 2024
    wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:34:12 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 04:33:02 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but
    sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>is
    no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point being >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>said
    as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maori
    descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the bottom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>feeders
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and not >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the
    greedy
    elite.

I have always wondered how the 'Maori Elite' got to that status. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Given
    that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more >>>>>>>>>>>>>>likely
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of >>>>>>>>>>>>>the
    current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you >>>>>>>>>>>>>consider
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for >>>>>>>>>>>>Seymour
    disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush of
    being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is >>>>>>>>>>>>as
    delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are >>>>>>>>>>>>frightened
    of
    debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to hold >>>>>>>>>>>>any
    Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history >>>>>>>>>>>>anyway.

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party >>>>>>>>>vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>>>>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>>>>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its >>>>>>>>>true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow more >>>>>>>>>people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the fuel >>>>>>>>>surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>>>>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy or >>>>>>>>deliberate nastiness.
    I was addressing anyone that read the question - nz.general is a >>>>>>>usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>>>>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a >>>>>>>poster rather than addressing the question and answer.

The convention in Usenet is to answer one poster at a time. I have >>>>>>been doing this since early 1996. Every post is to an individual - if >>>>>>I wish to respond to multiple posters in a thread I do so separately >>>>>>to each individual. This is a simple courtesy and convention which >>>>>>you seem to be unaware of.

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any >>>>>group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do >>>>>not believe you without some evidence.

or

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part >>>>>of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual. >>>>You are the only person in Usenet that does not understand that you are >>>>being
    The way you post like this is wrong and you know it - you will however put >>>>on

He will use any devious activity to muddy the waters. It is what politically >>obsessed people do. I suspect he is a failed Labour political candidate - or >>something worse.

speech?
    Irrelevant - you are just a rude, cowardly poster making up idiotic rules - go away loser.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sat Feb 10 20:00:32 2024
    wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:12:23 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>wrote:

he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point being >>>>>>>>>>>>>>said as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of >>>>>>>>>>>>>Maori
    descent.
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and not >>>>>>>>>>>>>the
    greedy
    elite.

I have always wondered how the 'Maori Elite' got to that status. >>>>>>>>>>>>Given
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of >>>>>>>>>>>the
    current
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for >>>>>>>>>>Seymour
    disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush of >>>>>>>>>> being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as >>>>>>>>>> delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened >>>>>>>>>>of

or

Tony.

- it is your personal preference. It can keep different subjects in
    group.
    That is bullshit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 11 10:43:38 2024
    On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 20:00:32 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:43:50 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:12:23 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person but
    sometimes
    he
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point being >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>said as
    things develop.
    descent.
    Peeni
    greedy
    elite.

current
    the

or

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part >>>>of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual.

the time of writing there was another response to your post from Tony. >>>You can see this protocol demonstrated by my separate response to
    Tony.

- it is your personal preference. It can keep different subjects in >>separate subthreads in some circumstances, in others it will merely
    preference does not make this a requirement for posting to this usenet >>group.
    That is bullshit.

It is called freedom of expression. Some are happy to let people post
    whatever they want - others like you want to dictate what people are
    "allowed" to post. You just want to set "rules" for everything, Tony -
    but in this case there are no rules. Just call if "Freedom" - happy
    now?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 11 10:52:31 2024
    On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 20:01:59 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:45:01 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:34:12 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but
    sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there is
    no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point being >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>said
    as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maori
    descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the bottom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>feeders
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and not >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the
    greedy
    elite.

I have always wondered how the 'Maori Elite' got to that status. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Given
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of >>>>>>>>>>>>>the
    current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you >>>>>>>>>>>>>consider
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for >>>>>>>>>>>>Seymour
    being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as
    delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened
    of
    debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to hold >>>>>>>>>>>>any
    Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history >>>>>>>>>>>>anyway.

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party >>>>>>>>>vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>>>>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>>>>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its >>>>>>>>>true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow more >>>>>>>>>people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the fuel >>>>>>>>>surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>>>>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy or >>>>>>>>deliberate nastiness.
    I was addressing anyone that read the question - nz.general is a >>>>>>>usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>>>>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a >>>>>>>poster rather than addressing the question and answer.

The convention in Usenet is to answer one poster at a time. I have >>>>>>been doing this since early 1996. Every post is to an individual - if >>>>>>I wish to respond to multiple posters in a thread I do so separately >>>>>>to each individual. This is a simple courtesy and convention which >>>>>>you seem to be unaware of.

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any >>>>>group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do >>>>>not believe you without some evidence.

or

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part >>>>>of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual. >>>>You are the only person in Usenet that does not understand that you are >>>>being
    The way you post like this is wrong and you know it - you will however put >>>>on

Removed comments deliberately replied to the wrong post.
    There is no worse person than a 5 year old Marxist puppet like Rich.

Aaah - the frustrated little Hitler cannot stop people saying things
    he does not agree with!

Just for you, Tony, I addressed directly the issue of Usenet rules, conventions, FAQs and conventions.

I am not stopping you from posting any way you want, Tony; I am not

So show me the rule that says I have to cannot respond to a thread
    talking about Usenet protocol with discussion about Usenet protocol?
    See the Subject of the Thread!

It has got a fair way from Who are Failing Maori though - if that is
    what you want to talk about just post something on that part of the
    Subject! Nobody is stopping you from saying what you want, Tony, why
    are you trying to stop others from saying what they want?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 11 13:03:14 2024
    On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:29:08 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

wrote:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:43:50 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:12:23 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:34:12 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 04:33:02 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-08, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but
    sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>is
    no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point being >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>said as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maori
    descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the bottom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>feeders
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and not
    the
    greedy
    elite.

I have always wondered how the 'Maori Elite' got to that status. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Given
    that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>likely
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders of >>>>>>>>>>>>>>the
    current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you >>>>>>>>>>>>>>consider
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for >>>>>>>>>>>>>Seymour
    being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is >>>>>>>>>>>>>as
    delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are >>>>>>>>>>>>>frightened
    of
    debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to hold >>>>>>>>>>>>>any
    Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history >>>>>>>>>>>>>anyway.

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>>>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party >>>>>>>>>>vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>>>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>>>>>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>>>>>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>>>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>>>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its >>>>>>>>>>true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>>>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow more
    people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the fuel
    surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>>>>>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy or
    deliberate nastiness.
    I was addressing anyone that read the question - nz.general is a >>>>>>>>usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>>>>>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a >>>>>>>>poster rather than addressing the question and answer.

The convention in Usenet is to answer one poster at a time. I have >>>>>>>been doing this since early 1996. Every post is to an individual - if >>>>>>>I wish to respond to multiple posters in a thread I do so separately >>>>>>>to each individual. This is a simple courtesy and convention which >>>>>>>you seem to be unaware of.

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any >>>>>>group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do >>>>>>not believe you without some evidence.

or

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part >>>>>>of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>>>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual. >>>>>
    None of which addresses the convention of separately replying to >>>>>multiple parts of a thread. Reich, I am responding to your post. At >>>>>the time of writing there was another response to your post from Tony. >>>>>You can see this protocol demonstrated by my separate response to >>>>>Tony.

Being your preferred practice does not make this and agreed convention >>>>- it is your personal preference. It can keep different subjects in >>>>separate subthreads in some circumstances, in others it will merely >>>>confuse and prompt duplicate comments in those sub-threads. Your >>>>preference does not make this a requirement for posting to this usenet >>>>group.
    That is bullshit.

It is called freedom of expression. Some are happy to let people post >>whatever they want - others like you want to dictate what people are >>"allowed" to post. You just want to set "rules" for everything, Tony -
    now?
    It is nothing to do with freedom. It is to do with politeness. And you believe >politeness is something you do not need to possess - well it is clear that you >don't possess it, nevertheless be polite and stop the cowardly and sneaky >answering the wrong person
    You bleat and moo about other people setting rules, which I never do, and in so
    doing you piss all over other people's freedoms. You are a prize idiot and a >kvetch.
    Thank you for withdrawing your attempt to impose a rule about
    responding to posts from other posters. You nay continue to do
    whatever you want - I do not expect much except personal abuse from
    you - and I will continue to be the voice of reason in response to
    your abuse, Tony. Free speech really is worthwhile defending, don't
    you agree?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sat Feb 10 23:29:08 2024
    wrote:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:43:50 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:12:23 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>wrote:

sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>is
    no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point being >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>said as
    things develop.
    descent.
    Peeni
    greedy
    elite.

that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more >>>>>>>>>>>>>>likely
    current
    the

being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is >>>>>>>>>>>>as
    delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are >>>>>>>>>>>>frightened
    of

or

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part >>>>>of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual. >>>>
    None of which addresses the convention of separately replying to >>>>multiple parts of a thread. Reich, I am responding to your post. At >>>>the time of writing there was another response to your post from Tony. >>>>You can see this protocol demonstrated by my separate response to
    Tony.

- it is your personal preference. It can keep different subjects in >>>separate subthreads in some circumstances, in others it will merely >>>confuse and prompt duplicate comments in those sub-threads. Your >>>preference does not make this a requirement for posting to this usenet >>>group.
    That is bullshit.

It is called freedom of expression. Some are happy to let people post >whatever they want - others like you want to dictate what people are >"allowed" to post. You just want to set "rules" for everything, Tony -
    now?
    It is nothing to do with freedom. It is to do with politeness. And you believe politeness is something you do not need to possess - well it is clear that you don't possess it, nevertheless be polite and stop the cowardly and sneaky answering the wrong person
    You bleat and moo about other people setting rules, which I never do, and in so doing you piss all over other people's freedoms. You are a prize idiot and a kvetch.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sun Feb 11 02:18:56 2024
    wrote:

wrote:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:43:50 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:12:23 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:34:12 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 04:33:02 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-08, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but
    sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>is
    no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>being
    said as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maori
    descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bottom
    feeders
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>not
    the
    greedy
    elite.

I have always wondered how the 'Maori Elite' got to that >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>status.
    Given
    that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>likely
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>of
    the
    current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>consider
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Seymour
    disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush >>>>>>>>>>>>>>of
    being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he >>>>>>>>>>>>>>is
    as
    delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>frightened
    of
    debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to >>>>>>>>>>>>>>hold
    any
    Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history >>>>>>>>>>>>>>anyway.

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>>>>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party
    vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>>>>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the >>>>>>>>>>>Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given >>>>>>>>>>>that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>>>>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>>>>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its
    true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>>>>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow >>>>>>>>>>>more
    people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the >>>>>>>>>>>fuel
    surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have >>>>>>>>>>>been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy >>>>>>>>>>or
    deliberate nastiness.
    I was addressing anyone that read the question - nz.general is a >>>>>>>>>usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>>>>>>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a >>>>>>>>>poster rather than addressing the question and answer.

The convention in Usenet is to answer one poster at a time. I have >>>>>>>>been doing this since early 1996. Every post is to an individual - if >>>>>>>>I wish to respond to multiple posters in a thread I do so separately >>>>>>>>to each individual. This is a simple courtesy and convention which >>>>>>>>you seem to be unaware of.

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any >>>>>>>group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do >>>>>>>not believe you without some evidence.

or

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part >>>>>>>of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>>>>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual. >>>>>>
    None of which addresses the convention of separately replying to >>>>>>multiple parts of a thread. Reich, I am responding to your post. At >>>>>>the time of writing there was another response to your post from Tony. >>>>>>You can see this protocol demonstrated by my separate response to >>>>>>Tony.

Being your preferred practice does not make this and agreed convention >>>>>- it is your personal preference. It can keep different subjects in >>>>>separate subthreads in some circumstances, in others it will merely >>>>>confuse and prompt duplicate comments in those sub-threads. Your >>>>>preference does not make this a requirement for posting to this usenet >>>>>group.
    That is bullshit.

It is called freedom of expression. Some are happy to let people post >>>whatever they want - others like you want to dictate what people are >>>"allowed" to post. You just want to set "rules" for everything, Tony - >>>but in this case there are no rules. Just call if "Freedom" - happy
    now?
    It is nothing to do with freedom. It is to do with politeness. And you >>believe
    politeness is something you do not need to possess - well it is clear that >>you
    don't possess it, nevertheless be polite and stop the cowardly and sneaky >>answering the wrong person
    You bleat and moo about other people setting rules, which I never do, and in >>so
    doing you piss all over other people's freedoms. You are a prize idiot and a >>kvetch.
    you agree?
    I withdrew nothing - I have never tried to impose any rules here. You have dozens of times.
    Free speech is my mantra, pity it is not yours but hey we all know that.
    This is not about free speech and everybody knows that including you - it is about your cowardice and abuse.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Crash@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 11 17:48:31 2024
    On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 21:33:12 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person but
    sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there is
    no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

as
    things develop.
    descent.
    Peeni
    greedy
    elite.

current
    the

being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as
    delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened
    of

or

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part >>>>>of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual. >>>>You are the only person in Usenet that does not understand that you are being

He will use any devious activity to muddy the waters. It is what politically >>obsessed people do. I suspect he is a failed Labour political candidate - or >>something worse.

speech?

How on earth do you justify such an irrational and offensive
    assertion. In no ay do I seek to limit what is said - all I have
    pointed out is longstanding and widely practiced conventions on
    composing replies by using each post to reply to one earlier post. You
    are free to do exactly what you wish. I am also free to point out
    that in responding to multiple posters in a single reply you are
    breaking with this convention. Indeed some of your posts that reply
    to multiple previous posters give the distinct impression that you are
    confused on which part of the post is in reply to which poster.

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Crash@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 11 17:51:21 2024
    On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 21:07:26 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

sometimes
    he
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

as
    things develop.
    descent.
    Peeni
    greedy
    elite.

current
    the

delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened of

or

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part >>>>of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual. >>>You are the only person in Usenet that does not understand that you are being

I am not stopping you from posting any way you want, Tony;

This is typical of the confusion you create. It was I who posted the
    'Correct Tony.' response. Do you not see how this can illustrate
    complete confusion on who you are replying to?

I am not

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Crash@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 11 17:39:45 2024
    On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 21:03:12 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:12:23 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>wrote:

he
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

things develop.
    descent.
    Peeni
    greedy
    elite.

current
    the

disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush of >>>>>>>>>> being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even >>>>>>>>>> attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he is as >>>>>>>>>> delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are frightened of

or

Tony.

- it is your personal preference.

It was a practice (not a preference) that was inculcated in me from my
    earliest use of Usenet (which involved nz.general). If you look at
    just recent posts (say over the last year or two) you will see that it
    is a prevalent practice.

It can keep different subjects in
    group.

On the contrary, replying to a comment from the last poster means the
    reply is brief and to the point.

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Crash on Sun Feb 11 05:41:54 2024
    On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 21:07:26 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:45:01 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>wrote:

wrote:

sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>is no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

as
    things develop.
    descent.
    Peeni
    greedy
    elite.

current
    the

delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to >>>>>>>>>>>> bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than >>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are >>>>>>>>>>>>frightened of

or

I am not stopping you from posting any way you want, Tony;

This is typical of the confusion you create. It was I who posted the >'Correct Tony.' response. Do you not see how this can illustrate
    complete confusion on who you are replying to?
    I believe he understands that absolutely but is now just doing his usual thing of deliberately causing disagreement.
    How knows he is wrong but is stirring in a most unpleasant way - it is the 5 year old showing.

I am not
    themselves in their own way, unless there is a clear rule covering the >>issue. Tony demonstrates that the authoritarian right does not believe
    in freedom of expression, and in allowing others to speak their minds >>without being abused because Tony does not agree . . .

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 11 20:34:30 2024
    On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 02:18:56 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:43:50 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:12:23 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:34:12 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 04:33:02 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-08, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of person
    but
    sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but there
    is
    no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>being
    said as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all of >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maori
    descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bottom
    feeders
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>not
    the
    greedy
    elite.

I have always wondered how the 'Maori Elite' got to that >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>status.
    Given
    that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>likely
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>of
    the
    current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>consider
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Seymour
    disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the brush
    of
    being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to even
    attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>is
    as
    delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying to
    bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana than
    anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>frightened
    of
    debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hold
    any
    Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anyway.

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament, >>>>>>>>>>>>and also for one political party - the collective result of the party
    vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>>>>>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for the
    Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. Given
    that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>>>>>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>>>>>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that its
    true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>>>>>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow >>>>>>>>>>>>more
    people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the >>>>>>>>>>>>fuel
    surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there have
    been more support for a National, Labour coalition?
    Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it stupidy >>>>>>>>>>>or
    deliberate nastiness.
    I was addressing anyone that read the question - nz.general is a >>>>>>>>>>usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>>>>>>>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a >>>>>>>>>>poster rather than addressing the question and answer.

The convention in Usenet is to answer one poster at a time. I have >>>>>>>>>been doing this since early 1996. Every post is to an individual - if >>>>>>>>>I wish to respond to multiple posters in a thread I do so separately >>>>>>>>>to each individual. This is a simple courtesy and convention which >>>>>>>>>you seem to be unaware of.

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any >>>>>>>>group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do >>>>>>>>not believe you without some evidence.

Have a look here for example >>>>>>>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
    or

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part >>>>>>>>of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>>>>>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual. >>>>>>>
    None of which addresses the convention of separately replying to >>>>>>>multiple parts of a thread. Reich, I am responding to your post. At >>>>>>>the time of writing there was another response to your post from Tony. >>>>>>>You can see this protocol demonstrated by my separate response to >>>>>>>Tony.

Being your preferred practice does not make this and agreed convention >>>>>>- it is your personal preference. It can keep different subjects in >>>>>>separate subthreads in some circumstances, in others it will merely >>>>>>confuse and prompt duplicate comments in those sub-threads. Your >>>>>>preference does not make this a requirement for posting to this usenet >>>>>>group.
    That is bullshit.

It is called freedom of expression. Some are happy to let people post >>>>whatever they want - others like you want to dictate what people are >>>>"allowed" to post. You just want to set "rules" for everything, Tony - >>>>but in this case there are no rules. Just call if "Freedom" - happy >>>>now?
    It is nothing to do with freedom. It is to do with politeness. And you >>>believe
    politeness is something you do not need to possess - well it is clear that >>>you
    don't possess it, nevertheless be polite and stop the cowardly and sneaky >>>answering the wrong person
    You bleat and moo about other people setting rules, which I never do, and in >>>so
    doing you piss all over other people's freedoms. You are a prize idiot and a >>>kvetch.
    you agree?
    I withdrew nothing - I have never tried to impose any rules here. You have >dozens of times.
    Free speech is my mantra, pity it is not yours but hey we all know that.
    This is not about free speech and everybody knows that including you - it is >about your cowardice and abuse.

I will take you weak attempt to change the subject from your
    insistence posts be addressed in a particular way as an attempt at an
    apology. You can crawl back into your hole now, Tony.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sun Feb 11 07:51:31 2024
    On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 02:18:56 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

wrote:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 20:00:32 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>wrote:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 11:43:50 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:12:23 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:34:12 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> >>>>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 18:34:16 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 04:33:02 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:31:05 GMT, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> >>>>>>>>>>>>>wrote:

On 2024-02-08, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:41:19 GMT, Tony >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:04:12 GMT, Tony >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz>
    wrote:

On 2024-02-07, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Tamaki is a long way from my favourite sort of >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>person
    but
    sometimes
    he
    The religious bit at the end is not for everybody but >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>there
    is
    no
    harm
    in
    it.
    Live and let live.

I think we are going to see more more of this view point >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>being
    said as
    things develop.
    And Brian Tamaki, David Seymour and Winston Peters are all >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>of
    Maori
    descent.
    Who knows they may be a higher percentage Maori than the >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bottom
    feeders
    Peeni
    It really is time people started to listen to real Maori and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>not
    the
    greedy
    elite.

I have always wondered how the 'Maori Elite' got to that >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>status.
    Given
    that Maori culture has no concept of democracy it seems more >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>likely
    That would make sense, it may also explain why the ringleaders >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>of
    the
    current
    circus are frightened of debate and talk. Interesting when you >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>consider
    the

Luxon is backing off as far as he can - Good Faith support for >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Seymour
    disappeared very quickly, but Luxon is now tarred with the >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>brush
    of
    being complicit anyway. Seymour doesn't want a debate or to >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>even
    attend meetings on the subject, he just wants to get it to a >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> referendum that can be skewed by money and disinformation - he >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>is
    as
    delusional as Luxon. As for Winston Peers - he is just trying >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>to
    bluster through with distractions and claims of higher mana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than
    anyone else. Yes I agree that the circus ringleaders are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>frightened
    of
    debate and talk; but in fairness Seymour does not pretend to >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hold
    any
    Maori sympathies or values or any understanding of NZ history >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anyway.

Each voter was able to vote for an electorate Member of Parliament,
    and also for one political party - the collective result of the >>>>>>>>>>>>>party
    vote determined the number of MPs elected to parliament for each >>>>>>>>>>>>>political party. Nobody voted for a particular coalition, or for >>>>>>>>>>>>>the
    Coalition Agreement that National, ACT and NZ First agreed to. >>>>>>>>>>>>>Given
    that some of the policies in the coalition agreement were not >>>>>>>>>>>>>disclosed as policy until after voting had started. It is possible >>>>>>>>>>>>>that had some been known they could have affected votes, but that >>>>>>>>>>>>>its
    true of policies adopted by any new government. Do you believe a >>>>>>>>>>>>>majority of voters supported the changes to smoking laws to allow >>>>>>>>>>>>>more
    people to smoke? Did the majority of Auckland voters vote for the >>>>>>>>>>>>>fuel
    surcharge being stopped and projects put in limbo? Would there >>>>>>>>>>>>>have
    been more support for a National, Labour coalition? >>>>>>>>>>>>Why do you answer one person and then address another? Is it >>>>>>>>>>>>stupidy
    or
    deliberate nastiness.
    I was addressing anyone that read the question - nz.general is a >>>>>>>>>>>usenet group - no conversations are private. A question was asked; I >>>>>>>>>>>provided an answer - only you Tony would go off topic to abuse a >>>>>>>>>>>poster rather than addressing the question and answer.

The convention in Usenet is to answer one poster at a time. I have >>>>>>>>>>been doing this since early 1996. Every post is to an individual - if
    I wish to respond to multiple posters in a thread I do so separately >>>>>>>>>>to each individual. This is a simple courtesy and convention which >>>>>>>>>>you seem to be unaware of.

I have been using Usenet since it began, and have not seen that in any >>>>>>>>>group rules, or even expressed as a "convention." Quite simply I do >>>>>>>>>not believe you without some evidence.

Have a look here for example >>>>>>>>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
    or

and if still in doubt, find the FAQ for nz.general and quote the part >>>>>>>>>of that which you think supports your assertion about your purported >>>>>>>>>"courtesy and convention" of responding separately to each individual. >>>>>>>>
    None of which addresses the convention of separately replying to >>>>>>>>multiple parts of a thread. Reich, I am responding to your post. At >>>>>>>>the time of writing there was another response to your post from Tony. >>>>>>>>You can see this protocol demonstrated by my separate response to >>>>>>>>Tony.

Being your preferred practice does not make this and agreed convention >>>>>>>- it is your personal preference. It can keep different subjects in >>>>>>>separate subthreads in some circumstances, in others it will merely >>>>>>>confuse and prompt duplicate comments in those sub-threads. Your >>>>>>>preference does not make this a requirement for posting to this usenet >>>>>>>group.
    That is bullshit.

It is called freedom of expression. Some are happy to let people post >>>>>whatever they want - others like you want to dictate what people are >>>>>"allowed" to post. You just want to set "rules" for everything, Tony - >>>>>but in this case there are no rules. Just call if "Freedom" - happy >>>>>now?
    It is nothing to do with freedom. It is to do with politeness. And you >>>>believe
    politeness is something you do not need to possess - well it is clear that >>>>you
    don't possess it, nevertheless be polite and stop the cowardly and sneaky >>>>answering the wrong person
    You bleat and moo about other people setting rules, which I never do, and >>>>in
    so
    doing you piss all over other people's freedoms. You are a prize idiot and >>>>a
    kvetch.
    you agree?
    I withdrew nothing - I have never tried to impose any rules here. You have >>dozens of times.
    Free speech is my mantra, pity it is not yours but hey we all know that. >>This is not about free speech and everybody knows that including you - it is >>about your cowardice and abuse.

I will take you weak attempt to change the subject from your
    insistence posts be addressed in a particular way as an attempt at an >apology. You can crawl back into your hole now, Tony.
    You really do have trouble with long words - try this. I changed nothing. Shove your abuse back up to where it originated.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05