• Conservatives are Scaredy Cats

From Rich80105@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 31 20:59:00 2023
    Another interesting as well as amusing article - we see a bit of that
    fear here, with trains having far lower priority than roads to the
    ACT/Nat types - only by roads are they safe from the plebs that may
    otherwise contaminate them!

https://www.webworm.co/p/conservativesarescaredycats

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Tue Oct 31 20:11:36 2023
    Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
    ACT/Nat types - only by roads are they safe from the plebs that may
    otherwise contaminate them!
    Wow, you really are bitter in defeat.
    It has been my practice for decades to give all new governments the chance to start to do the job well, that usually takes about 6 months in my view. And until then I refrain from criticism unless there is a major issue.
    I did so with the last two Labour led governments and will do so with this government.
    People who criticise a new government from day one are at best cynical and more likely showing their innate political bias. A total waste of time because folks with more than one brain cell can see through that stupidity.
    This op is one such.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Wed Nov 1 14:24:19 2023
    On Tue, 31 Oct 2023 20:11:36 -0000 (UTC), Tony
    <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

ACT/Nat types - only by roads are they safe from the plebs that may >>otherwise contaminate them!
    It has been my practice for decades to give all new governments the chance to >start to do the job well, that usually takes about 6 months in my view. And >until then I refrain from criticism unless there is a major issue.
    I did so with the last two Labour led governments and will do so with this >government.
    People who criticise a new government from day one are at best cynical and more
    likely showing their innate political bias. A total waste of time because folks
    with more than one brain cell can see through that stupidity.
    This op is one such.

I did not see the article as in any way a criticism of the likely new government. It is a commentary on individuals - you are clearly a
    Conservative, Tony - did you feel it described you too well?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 31 19:16:47 2023
    On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 2:25:47 PM UTC+13, Rich80105 wrote:
    <lizan...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    Another interesting as well as amusing article - we see a bit of that >>fear here, with trains having far lower priority than roads to the >>ACT/Nat types - only by roads are they safe from the plebs that may >>otherwise contaminate them!
    It has been my practice for decades to give all new governments the chance to
    start to do the job well, that usually takes about 6 months in my view. And >until then I refrain from criticism unless there is a major issue.
    I did so with the last two Labour led governments and will do so with this >government.
    This op is one such.

I did not see the article as in any way a criticism of the likely new government. It is a commentary on individuals - you are clearly a Conservative, Tony - did you feel it described you too well?
    When did you become a conservative Rich? Scaredy cat certainly fits you like a custom made glove:)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Gordon on Wed Nov 1 02:45:28 2023
    Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    On 2023-11-01, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:

Another interesting as well as amusing article - we see a bit of that >>>>fear here, with trains having far lower priority than roads to the >>>>ACT/Nat types - only by roads are they safe from the plebs that may >>>>otherwise contaminate them!
    It has been my practice for decades to give all new governments the chance >>>to
    start to do the job well, that usually takes about 6 months in my view. And >>>until then I refrain from criticism unless there is a major issue.
    I did so with the last two Labour led governments and will do so with this >>>government.
    People who criticise a new government from day one are at best cynical and >>>more
    likely showing their innate political bias. A total waste of time because >>>folks
    This op is one such.

I did not see the article as in any way a criticism of the likely new
    government. It is a commentary on individuals

Reading the article this also struck me. Playing the man/men like a spoilt >brat.
    That's our lovely Rich80105 for you - to a "T".

When Labour/Green/NZF came to power 6 years ago National had some difficult in >understanding what had changed. They acted as if they were still the >Government as they had more votes than any other single party.
    Yes and if Peters had had any integrity National would have led the country for at leat 3 years and the excesses and failures of Labour would not have occurred - that is a reasonable conclusion at least.

- you are clearly a

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Wed Nov 1 02:16:06 2023
    On 2023-11-01, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:

Another interesting as well as amusing article - we see a bit of that >>>fear here, with trains having far lower priority than roads to the >>>ACT/Nat types - only by roads are they safe from the plebs that may >>>otherwise contaminate them!
    It has been my practice for decades to give all new governments the chance to >>start to do the job well, that usually takes about 6 months in my view. And >>until then I refrain from criticism unless there is a major issue.
    I did so with the last two Labour led governments and will do so with this >>government.
    This op is one such.

I did not see the article as in any way a criticism of the likely new government. It is a commentary on individuals

Reading the article this also struck me. Playing the man/men like a spoilt brat.

When Labour/Green/NZF came to power 6 years ago National had some difficult in understanding what had changed. They acted as if they were still the
    Government as they had more votes than any other single party.

- you are clearly a

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Wed Nov 1 02:43:21 2023

Another interesting as well as amusing article - we see a bit of that >>>fear here, with trains having far lower priority than roads to the >>>ACT/Nat types - only by roads are they safe from the plebs that may >>>otherwise contaminate them!
    It has been my practice for decades to give all new governments the chance to >>start to do the job well, that usually takes about 6 months in my view. And >>until then I refrain from criticism unless there is a major issue.
    I did so with the last two Labour led governments and will do so with this >>government.
    People who criticise a new government from day one are at best cynical and >>more
    likely showing their innate political bias. A total waste of time because >>folks
    This op is one such.

I did not see the article as in any way a criticism of the likely new >government.
    Nonsense. You are transparent.
    It is a commentary on individuals - you are clearly a
    Conservative, Tony
    As a matter of fact I am not - but you prefer to believe whatever makes you happy - self deceptive at all times.
    - did you feel it described you too well?
    It didn't get close to describing me but it did make your stupidity clear.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Crash@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 1 19:53:00 2023
    On Wed, 01 Nov 2023 14:24:19 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

This op is one such.

I did not see the article as in any way a criticism of the likely new >government.

Given your rabid anti-National rhetoric over the last decade or more
    Rich, the statement above is totally unbelievable. Your sole reason
    for this thread was because you take every opportunity to promote your anti-National rhetoric.

It is a commentary on individuals - you are clearly a

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05