• Labour's election campaign: misinfprmation?

From Crash@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 4 17:43:13 2023
    http://tinyurl.com/cnt884vs

This is desperation personified by the party that dares not mention
    Ardern's name.

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to Crash on Sun Sep 3 23:39:33 2023
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 5:43:12 PM UTC+12, Crash wrote:

Ardern's name.

--
    Crash McBash

Just another of Labours string of mistakes!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Crash on Mon Sep 4 06:56:14 2023
    Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> wrote:

Ardern's name.

--
    Crash McBash
    Thanks Crash.That is very concerning. They are certainly desperate and I believe ashamed of Ardern''s authoritarian, closed and unkind leadership. She will be vilified in a decade or so when the dust settles, and appropriately so. However, for me there is another concerning part to this.
    I was initially unable to follow the link because it said I was banned from all tinyurl.com links.
    So I bypassed the ban and looked into the reason, which was that I was based in New Zealand and that an unspecified complaint had been made about a large number of IP addresses in this country.
    I followed their rules and addressed the complaint, explaining that no ban was appropriate and why. They responded remarkably quickly and said they were reviewing the original ban request.
    Only ten minutes or so later I was able to open the url without bypassing the ban.
    I am not prepared to speculate on the cause of this but am going to be very, very watchful for the next few weeks.
    Something may not be kosher in the state of... (with an apology to William Shakespeare).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Mon Sep 4 19:29:37 2023
    On Mon, 4 Sep 2023 06:56:14 -0000 (UTC), Tony
    <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

This is desperation personified by the party that dares not mention >>Ardern's name.

--
    Crash McBash
    Thanks Crash.That is very concerning. They are certainly desperate and I >believe ashamed of Ardern''s authoritarian, closed and unkind leadership. She >will be vilified in a decade or so when the dust settles, and appropriately so.
    However, for me there is another concerning part to this.
    I was initially unable to follow the link because it said I was banned from all
    tinyurl.com links.
    So I bypassed the ban and looked into the reason, which was that I was based in
    New Zealand and that an unspecified complaint had been made about a large >number of IP addresses in this country.
    I followed their rules and addressed the complaint, explaining that no ban was >appropriate and why. They responded remarkably quickly and said they were >reviewing the original ban request.
    Only ten minutes or so later I was able to open the url without bypassing the >ban.
    I am not prepared to speculate on the cause of this but am going to be very, >very watchful for the next few weeks.
    Something may not be kosher in the state of... (with an apology to William >Shakespeare).

I got the message "Sorry, you have been blocked
    You are unable to access tinyurl.com" as well, so if it is going to be
    released that has not yet happened.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Crash@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 4 19:43:55 2023
    On Mon, 04 Sep 2023 19:29:37 +1200, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

This is desperation personified by the party that dares not mention >>>Ardern's name.

--
    Crash McBash
    Thanks Crash.That is very concerning. They are certainly desperate and I >>believe ashamed of Ardern''s authoritarian, closed and unkind leadership. She >>will be vilified in a decade or so when the dust settles, and appropriately so.
    tinyurl.com links.
    New Zealand and that an unspecified complaint had been made about a large >>number of IP addresses in this country.
    I followed their rules and addressed the complaint, explaining that no ban was
    appropriate and why. They responded remarkably quickly and said they were >>reviewing the original ban request.
    Only ten minutes or so later I was able to open the url without bypassing the >>ban.
    I am not prepared to speculate on the cause of this but am going to be very, >>very watchful for the next few weeks.
    Something may not be kosher in the state of... (with an apology to William >>Shakespeare).

You are unable to access tinyurl.com" as well, so if it is going to be >released that has not yet happened.

The full URL is:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2023/09/disinformation-accused-labour-says-instagram-post-about-national-and-act-reintroducing-student-loan-interest-was-mistake.html

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Mon Sep 4 07:40:33 2023
    Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:

This is desperation personified by the party that dares not mention >>>Ardern's name.

--
    Crash McBash
    Thanks Crash.That is very concerning. They are certainly desperate and I >>believe ashamed of Ardern''s authoritarian, closed and unkind leadership. She >>will be vilified in a decade or so when the dust settles, and appropriately >>so.
    I was initially unable to follow the link because it said I was banned from >>all
    tinyurl.com links.
    So I bypassed the ban and looked into the reason, which was that I was based >>in
    New Zealand and that an unspecified complaint had been made about a large >>number of IP addresses in this country.
    I followed their rules and addressed the complaint, explaining that no ban >>was
    appropriate and why. They responded remarkably quickly and said they were >>reviewing the original ban request.
    Only ten minutes or so later I was able to open the url without bypassing the >>ban.
    I am not prepared to speculate on the cause of this but am going to be very, >>very watchful for the next few weeks.
    Something may not be kosher in the state of... (with an apology to William >>Shakespeare).

You are unable to access tinyurl.com" as well, so if it is going to be >released that has not yet happened.
    Yes it has.
    About 45 minutes ago, at least to my ip - maybe yours is special!!!
    You need to ask someone for help.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 4 21:21:36 2023
    On Mon, 04 Sep 2023 19:43:55 +1200, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid>
    wrote:

On Mon, 04 Sep 2023 19:29:37 +1200, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

This is desperation personified by the party that dares not mention >>>>Ardern's name.

--
    Crash McBash
    Thanks Crash.That is very concerning. They are certainly desperate and I >>>believe ashamed of Ardern''s authoritarian, closed and unkind leadership. She
    will be vilified in a decade or so when the dust settles, and appropriately so.
    tinyurl.com links.
    New Zealand and that an unspecified complaint had been made about a large >>>number of IP addresses in this country.
    I followed their rules and addressed the complaint, explaining that no ban was
    appropriate and why. They responded remarkably quickly and said they were >>>reviewing the original ban request.
    Only ten minutes or so later I was able to open the url without bypassing the
    ban.
    I am not prepared to speculate on the cause of this but am going to be very, >>>very watchful for the next few weeks.
    Something may not be kosher in the state of... (with an apology to William >>>Shakespeare).

You are unable to access tinyurl.com" as well, so if it is going to be >>released that has not yet happened.

The full URL is:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2023/09/disinformation-accused-labour-says-instagram-post-about-national-and-act-reintroducing-student-loan-interest-was-mistake.html

Thanks. I tried the tinyurl just a minute or so ago and it still gave
    the "Sorry you have been blocked" message.

Good to see a ready admission of a mistake. We have yet to see the
    resolution of budget problems from National - both the issue over
    whether the foreign owners house purchase issue or the taxing gambling
    profits from overseas gambling sites. There's a long way to go until
    the election.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Mon Sep 4 20:05:39 2023
    Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
    On Mon, 04 Sep 2023 19:43:55 +1200, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid>
    wrote:

On Mon, 04 Sep 2023 19:29:37 +1200, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>wrote:

This is desperation personified by the party that dares not mention >>>>>Ardern's name.

--
    Crash McBash
    Thanks Crash.That is very concerning. They are certainly desperate and I >>>>believe ashamed of Ardern''s authoritarian, closed and unkind leadership. >>>>She
    will be vilified in a decade or so when the dust settles, and appropriately >>>>so.
    I was initially unable to follow the link because it said I was banned from >>>>all
    tinyurl.com links.
    So I bypassed the ban and looked into the reason, which was that I was >>>>based in
    New Zealand and that an unspecified complaint had been made about a large >>>>number of IP addresses in this country.
    I followed their rules and addressed the complaint, explaining that no ban >>>>was
    appropriate and why. They responded remarkably quickly and said they were >>>>reviewing the original ban request.
    Only ten minutes or so later I was able to open the url without bypassing >>>>the
    ban.
    I am not prepared to speculate on the cause of this but am going to be >>>>very,
    very watchful for the next few weeks.
    Something may not be kosher in the state of... (with an apology to William >>>>Shakespeare).

You are unable to access tinyurl.com" as well, so if it is going to be >>>released that has not yet happened.

The full URL is:

Thanks. I tried the tinyurl just a minute or so ago and it still gave
    the "Sorry you have been blocked" message.
    Clearly they still have some IPs blocked, I can access tinyurl.com since I contacted them.

Good to see a ready admission of a mistake. We have yet to see the
    resolution of budget problems from National - both the issue over
    whether the foreign owners house purchase issue or the taxing gambling >profits from overseas gambling sites. There's a long way to go until
    the election.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to John Bowes on Tue Sep 5 03:44:08 2023
    On 2023-09-04, John Bowes <bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 5:43:12 PM UTC+12, Crash wrote:

Ardern's name.

--
    Crash McBash

Just another of Labours string of mistakes!

It is past funny, stupid or ususal.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05