• Re: Sailing close to the wind

From Tony@21:1/5 to Gordon on Mon Jul 31 00:08:52 2023
    Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote: >https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter of >time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to fire >from a lithium battery.
    Indeed. Time to take this problem seriously.
    Putting out Lithium battery fires is very difficult, much harder than most other fires. You can't put them out with water and oxygen starvation does not work.
    If it happened on a plane I doubt it would end well.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 31 00:01:24 2023
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter of
    time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to fire from a lithium battery.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Mon Jul 31 13:00:47 2023
    On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 00:08:52 -0000 (UTC), Tony
    <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote: >>https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter of >>time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to fire >>from a lithium battery.
    Putting out Lithium battery fires is very difficult, much harder than most >other fires. You can't put them out with water and oxygen starvation does not >work.

Many passengers fly with a mobile phone - and there have been problems
    with those batteries.

Is your concern just a general whinge, or do you want something to
    happen? I cannot see an NZ government banning carrying devices with
    batteries on planes . . .

This appears to be just a general whinge, designed to make people
    dissatisfied, but not offering any solutions - no where have we seen
    that before . . .?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Mon Jul 31 01:31:50 2023
    Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:

Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote: >>>https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter of >>>time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to fire >>>from a lithium battery.
    Putting out Lithium battery fires is very difficult, much harder than most >>other fires. You can't put them out with water and oxygen starvation does not >>work.

with those batteries.

happen? I cannot see an NZ government banning carrying devices with
    batteries on planes . . .

This appears to be just a general whinge, designed to make people >dissatisfied, but not offering any solutions - no where have we seen
    that before . . .?
    You whinge, I don't.
    What it seems to you is as relevant as you are to this newsgroup, virtually irrelevant.
    Lithium batteries are potential killers and in some cases already so. That is not whingiing, that is good scientific concern. The more batteries there are the more likely there will be accidents and the fires are much harder to put out than most fires, you are a fool hiding your poity head in the proverbial sand. Scientists all over the world are concerned, shipping lines are concerned, insurers are concerned but you are not, you are a fool.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Mon Jul 31 02:11:44 2023
    On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 01:31:50 -0000 (UTC), Tony

Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter of >>>>>time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to >>>>>fire
    from a lithium battery.
    Putting out Lithium battery fires is very difficult, much harder than most >>>>other fires. You can't put them out with water and oxygen starvation does >>>>not
    work.

Many passengers fly with a mobile phone - and there have been problems >>>with those batteries.

Is your concern just a general whinge, or do you want something to >>>happen? I cannot see an NZ government banning carrying devices with >>>batteries on planes . . .

This appears to be just a general whinge, designed to make people >>>dissatisfied, but not offering any solutions - no where have we seen
    that before . . .?
    You whinge, I don't.
    What it seems to you is as relevant as you are to this newsgroup, virtually >>irrelevant.
    Lithium batteries are potential killers and in some cases already so. That is >>not whingiing, that is good scientific concern. The more batteries there are >>the more likely there will be accidents and the fires are much harder to put >>out than most fires, you are a fool hiding your poity head in the proverbial >>sand. Scientists all over the world are concerned, shipping lines are >>concerned, insurers are concerned but you are not, you are a fool.

So what do you believe should happen?
    That is so obvious I am sure you could work it out (well, maybe not so sure). But I will assist you, the designers and manufacturers of the batteries need to work on a fix. No different from any technology.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Mon Jul 31 13:41:01 2023

Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote: >>>>https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter of >>>>time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to fire
    from a lithium battery.
    Putting out Lithium battery fires is very difficult, much harder than most >>>other fires. You can't put them out with water and oxygen starvation does not
    work.

with those batteries.

happen? I cannot see an NZ government banning carrying devices with >>batteries on planes . . .

This appears to be just a general whinge, designed to make people >>dissatisfied, but not offering any solutions - no where have we seen
    that before . . .?
    You whinge, I don't.
    What it seems to you is as relevant as you are to this newsgroup, virtually >irrelevant.
    Lithium batteries are potential killers and in some cases already so. That is >not whingiing, that is good scientific concern. The more batteries there are >the more likely there will be accidents and the fires are much harder to put >out than most fires, you are a fool hiding your poity head in the proverbial >sand. Scientists all over the world are concerned, shipping lines are >concerned, insurers are concerned but you are not, you are a fool.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Mon Jul 31 14:29:18 2023
    On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 02:11:44 -0000 (UTC), Tony

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 00:08:52 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter of >>>>>>time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to >>>>>>fire
    from a lithium battery.
    Putting out Lithium battery fires is very difficult, much harder than most >>>>>other fires. You can't put them out with water and oxygen starvation does >>>>>not
    work.

Many passengers fly with a mobile phone - and there have been problems >>>>with those batteries.

Is your concern just a general whinge, or do you want something to >>>>happen? I cannot see an NZ government banning carrying devices with >>>>batteries on planes . . .

This appears to be just a general whinge, designed to make people >>>>dissatisfied, but not offering any solutions - no where have we seen >>>>that before . . .?
    You whinge, I don't.
    What it seems to you is as relevant as you are to this newsgroup, virtually >>>irrelevant.
    Lithium batteries are potential killers and in some cases already so. That is
    not whingiing, that is good scientific concern. The more batteries there are >>>the more likely there will be accidents and the fires are much harder to put >>>out than most fires, you are a fool hiding your poity head in the proverbial >>>sand. Scientists all over the world are concerned, shipping lines are >>>concerned, insurers are concerned but you are not, you are a fool.

That is so obvious I am sure you could work it out (well, maybe not so sure). >But I will assist you, the designers and manufacturers of the batteries need to
    work on a fix. No different from any technology.

Just as I thought - a general whinge, implying that some action was
    needed in New Zealand, and that we were all threatened with disaster
    unless change was made - but in reality accepting my belief that there
    is as yet insufficient evidence to require anything other than keeping
    the public generally informed (which is happening).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Mon Jul 31 03:06:43 2023

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 00:08:52 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to >>>>>>>fire
    from a lithium battery.
    Putting out Lithium battery fires is very difficult, much harder than >>>>>>most
    other fires. You can't put them out with water and oxygen starvation does >>>>>>not
    work.

Many passengers fly with a mobile phone - and there have been problems >>>>>with those batteries.

Is your concern just a general whinge, or do you want something to >>>>>happen? I cannot see an NZ government banning carrying devices with >>>>>batteries on planes . . .

This appears to be just a general whinge, designed to make people >>>>>dissatisfied, but not offering any solutions - no where have we seen >>>>>that before . . .?
    You whinge, I don't.
    What it seems to you is as relevant as you are to this newsgroup, virtually >>>>irrelevant.
    Lithium batteries are potential killers and in some cases already so. That >>>>is
    not whingiing, that is good scientific concern. The more batteries there >>>>are
    the more likely there will be accidents and the fires are much harder to >>>>put
    out than most fires, you are a fool hiding your poity head in the >>>>proverbial
    sand. Scientists all over the world are concerned, shipping lines are >>>>concerned, insurers are concerned but you are not, you are a fool.

That is so obvious I am sure you could work it out (well, maybe not so sure). >>But I will assist you, the designers and manufacturers of the batteries need >>to

unless change was made
    No such implication from me. You are being obtuse and abusive.
    - but in reality accepting my belief that there
    Your belief is wrong.
    No whinging from me, you are just too dumb to understand bad technology, maybe you should never have taken science in high school.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Mon Jul 31 15:31:13 2023
    On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 03:06:43 -0000 (UTC), Tony

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 01:31:50 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 00:08:52 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to >>>>>>>>fire
    from a lithium battery.
    Putting out Lithium battery fires is very difficult, much harder than >>>>>>>most
    other fires. You can't put them out with water and oxygen starvation does
    not
    work.

Many passengers fly with a mobile phone - and there have been problems >>>>>>with those batteries.

Is your concern just a general whinge, or do you want something to >>>>>>happen? I cannot see an NZ government banning carrying devices with >>>>>>batteries on planes . . .

This appears to be just a general whinge, designed to make people >>>>>>dissatisfied, but not offering any solutions - no where have we seen >>>>>>that before . . .?
    You whinge, I don't.
    What it seems to you is as relevant as you are to this newsgroup, virtually
    irrelevant.
    Lithium batteries are potential killers and in some cases already so. That >>>>>is
    not whingiing, that is good scientific concern. The more batteries there >>>>>are
    the more likely there will be accidents and the fires are much harder to >>>>>put
    out than most fires, you are a fool hiding your poity head in the >>>>>proverbial
    sand. Scientists all over the world are concerned, shipping lines are >>>>>concerned, insurers are concerned but you are not, you are a fool.

That is so obvious I am sure you could work it out (well, maybe not so sure).
    But I will assist you, the designers and manufacturers of the batteries need >>>to

unless change was made
    I am nothing like you Tony.

Your belief is wrong.
    No whinging from me, you are just too dumb to understand bad technology, maybe >you should never have taken science in high school.
    What a stupid statement. You are losing any ability to analyse and
    think through conversations. I suspect Alzheimer, combined with
    unjustified arrogance is making you frustrated by your evident loss of
    acuity.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Mon Jul 31 03:48:09 2023

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 01:31:50 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 00:08:52 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>>https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter >>>>>>>>>of
    time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing >>>>>>>>>to
    fire
    from a lithium battery.
    Putting out Lithium battery fires is very difficult, much harder than >>>>>>>>most
    other fires. You can't put them out with water and oxygen starvation >>>>>>>>does
    not
    work.

Many passengers fly with a mobile phone - and there have been problems >>>>>>>with those batteries.

Is your concern just a general whinge, or do you want something to >>>>>>>happen? I cannot see an NZ government banning carrying devices with >>>>>>>batteries on planes . . .

This appears to be just a general whinge, designed to make people >>>>>>>dissatisfied, but not offering any solutions - no where have we seen >>>>>>>that before . . .?
    You whinge, I don't.
    What it seems to you is as relevant as you are to this newsgroup, >>>>>>virtually
    irrelevant.
    Lithium batteries are potential killers and in some cases already so. >>>>>>That
    is
    not whingiing, that is good scientific concern. The more batteries there >>>>>>are
    the more likely there will be accidents and the fires are much harder to >>>>>>put
    out than most fires, you are a fool hiding your poity head in the >>>>>>proverbial
    sand. Scientists all over the world are concerned, shipping lines are >>>>>>concerned, insurers are concerned but you are not, you are a fool.

That is so obvious I am sure you could work it out (well, maybe not so >>>>sure).
    But I will assist you, the designers and manufacturers of the batteries >>>>need
    to

Just as I thought - a general whinge, implying that some action was >>>needed in New Zealand, and that we were all threatened with disaster >>>unless change was made
    No you are not but you are obtuse and abusive.

is as yet insufficient evidence to require anything other than keeping >>>the public generally informed (which is happening).
    Your belief is wrong.
    No whinging from me, you are just too dumb to understand bad technology, >>maybe
    you should never have taken science in high school.
    unjustified arrogance is making you frustrated by your evident loss of >acuity.
    You have never achieved a science degree. Your mental approach is inconsistent with ever having attended university. So you lied about that.
    Bad technology kills people, Lithium batteries are looking like bad technology and you cannot see that - ergo you are scientifically amateurish at best.
    Or are you playing politics? That is even worse, playing with lives.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 30 21:03:43 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 1:05:11 PM UTC+12, Rich80105 wrote:
    <lizan...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Gordon <Gor...@leaf.net.nz> wrote: >>https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter of >>time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to fire
    from a lithium battery.
    Putting out Lithium battery fires is very difficult, much harder than most >other fires. You can't put them out with water and oxygen starvation does not
    work.
    with those batteries.

happen? I cannot see an NZ government banning carrying devices with batteries on planes . . .

This appears to be just a general whinge, designed to make people dissatisfied, but not offering any solutions - no where have we seen
    that before . . .?
    You do love showing what a feral and stupid left whinger Red Rich!
    Now instead of taking an utter stupid counter argument to what Tony says try and debate or fuck of back to your contemplation of Stalin's picture that I'm sure hangs above your bed/computer! Try acting like a reasonable human being with a single
    functional brain cell if you're capable rather than a Marxist ideologue arguing why free speech is bad!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 30 21:06:29 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 3:35:40 PM UTC+12, Rich80105 wrote:

Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 01:31:50 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>><lizan...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 00:08:52 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>>><lizan...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Gordon <Gor...@leaf.net.nz> wrote: >>>>>>>>https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to
    fire
    from a lithium battery.
    Putting out Lithium battery fires is very difficult, much harder than >>>>>>>most
    other fires. You can't put them out with water and oxygen starvation does
    not
    work.

Many passengers fly with a mobile phone - and there have been problems >>>>>>with those batteries.

Is your concern just a general whinge, or do you want something to >>>>>>happen? I cannot see an NZ government banning carrying devices with >>>>>>batteries on planes . . .

This appears to be just a general whinge, designed to make people >>>>>>dissatisfied, but not offering any solutions - no where have we seen >>>>>>that before . . .?
    You whinge, I don't.
    What it seems to you is as relevant as you are to this newsgroup, virtually
    irrelevant.
    Lithium batteries are potential killers and in some cases already so. That
    is
    not whingiing, that is good scientific concern. The more batteries there
    are
    the more likely there will be accidents and the fires are much harder to
    put
    out than most fires, you are a fool hiding your poity head in the >>>>>proverbial
    sand. Scientists all over the world are concerned, shipping lines are >>>>>concerned, insurers are concerned but you are not, you are a fool.

That is so obvious I am sure you could work it out (well, maybe not so sure).
    But I will assist you, the designers and manufacturers of the batteries need
    to

Just as I thought - a general whinge, implying that some action was >>needed in New Zealand, and that we were all threatened with disaster >>unless change was made

Finally some honesty from Red Rich! Tony is intelligent, honest and morally/ethically superior to you!
    is as yet insufficient evidence to require anything other than keeping >>the public generally informed (which is happening).
    Your belief is wrong.
    No whinging from me, you are just too dumb to understand bad technology, maybe
    you should never have taken science in high school.
    unjustified arrogance is making you frustrated by your evident loss of acuity.
    The stupid is your stupid reply to honesty Red Rich! In your case it's a failure of Labours mental health initiative...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Mon Jul 31 17:51:41 2023
    On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 05:27:45 -0000 (UTC), Tony

Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    On 2023-07-31, Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/132648088/why-passengers-are-being-warned-not-to-fly-with-fully-charged-devices

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter of >>> time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to fire
    from a lithium battery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw2XYr62fjc

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>interesting.

This one gives and insight of a fire onboard.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>uncommon.
    They are only uncommon to idiots who deny the facts.

I do not deny facts - show some to us, Tony . . .

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 30 22:58:11 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 5:56:04 PM UTC+12, Rich80105 wrote:

Gordon <Gor...@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    On 2023-07-31, Gordon <Gor...@leaf.net.nz> wrote:

time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>uncommon.
    Lying pos! You deny facts on a daily basis Rich and_you_know_it!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Gordon on Mon Jul 31 05:27:45 2023

time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to fire >> from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >uncommon.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to Gordon on Mon Jul 31 17:51:03 2023
    On 31 Jul 2023 05:17:39 GMT, Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:

time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to fire >> from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >uncommon.

I would rather see that evidence that a perfectly reasonable warning
    video against fake examples of dangerous behaviour. If there have been incidents of battery fires on aircraft, what happened? Why have mobile
    phones not been banned from use on an aircraft? Some passengers do
    charge their phones, and play games or read books etc on their phones
    - there does not seem to be any action to stop use of phones.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to Gordon on Mon Jul 31 05:17:39 2023

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter of time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to fire from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no
    uncommon.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to Tony on Sun Jul 30 23:30:51 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 6:18:32 PM UTC+12, Tony wrote:

time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to >>>>fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>>uncommon.

Lithium batteries burst into flame. Fact!
    You are an idiot. Fact!!
    Ipso facto you deny facts.
    You forgot: Red Rich is a liar. Fact!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Mon Jul 31 06:18:29 2023

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter of >>>> time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to >>>>fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>>uncommon.

You are an idiot. Fact!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Mon Jul 31 22:05:38 2023
    On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 06:18:29 -0000 (UTC), Tony

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter of >>>>> time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to >>>>>fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>>>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>>>uncommon.

You are an idiot. Fact!!

Prove that they are "no uncommon" as you have asserted then . . .

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 31 04:57:12 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 10:10:01 PM UTC+12, Rich80105 wrote:

fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>>>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>>>uncommon.

You are an idiot. Fact!!
    That's what YOU are supposed to do Red Rich! Only a lying left whinger like you don't think you ever need to support your claims!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Mon Jul 31 19:59:42 2023

time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to >>>>>>fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>>>>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>>>>uncommon.

You are an idiot. Fact!!

Oh you do suffer don't you. I did not write that! You should pay more attention - did you get that message at school?
    However fires are not uncommonly caused by lithium batteries. No proof necessary just google battery fires or something similar.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Tony on Mon Jul 31 20:14:26 2023
    Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 05:27:45 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter >>>>>>>of
    time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing to >>>>>>>fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>>>>>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>>>>>uncommon.

You are an idiot. Fact!!

Oh you do suffer don't you. I did not write that! You should pay more >attention
    - did you get that message at school?
    However fires are not uncommonly caused by lithium batteries. No proof >necessary just google battery fires or something similar.
    Correction for the challenged - lithium battery fires are quite common.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Tue Aug 1 10:51:39 2023
    On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 20:14:26 -0000 (UTC), Tony

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 05:27:45 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter >>>>>>>>of
    fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>>>>>>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>>>>>>uncommon.

You are an idiot. Fact!!

Oh you do suffer don't you. I did not write that! You should pay more >>attention
    However fires are not uncommonly caused by lithium batteries. No proof >>necessary just google battery fires or something similar.

You are correct it was Gordon that originally made that statement, but
    you have now effectively said the same thing - again without any
    supporting evidence.

I have not experienced a lithium battery fire, and I do not know
    anyone else who has. I suspect most people are in that situation, and
    many will never have heard of such a fire, despite there having been a
    number of articles about them around the world - I cannot for example
    remember when there was such a report in my local paper or on
    television or radio - and I possible read and watch more widely than
    many. I do know that when they happen they can cause severe damage. I
    have been told that many mobile phones use such batteries but I detect
    no qualms with most people over leaving them charging overnight or
    carrying them around - and precautions against dropping them is more
    about avoiding breakage.

So ''quite common'' may be fairly meaningless really in the context of
    the general population . . .

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 31 16:40:34 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 10:56:04 AM UTC+12, Rich80105 wrote:

Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 05:27:45 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>><lizan...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a matter
    of
    fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>>>>>>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>>>>>>uncommon.

You are an idiot. Fact!!

Oh you do suffer don't you. I did not write that! You should pay more >>attention
    However fires are not uncommonly caused by lithium batteries. No proof >>necessary just google battery fires or something similar.
    supporting evidence.

many will never have heard of such a fire, despite there having been a number of articles about them around the world - I cannot for example remember when there was such a report in my local paper or on
    about avoiding breakage.

So Red Rich, do you have anything to support your unsupported claims? Or is it only those who disagree with you/the left who need to support their claims?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Tue Aug 1 01:09:27 2023

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 06:18:29 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 05:27:45 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a >>>>>>>>>matter
    of
    time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing >>>>>>>>>to
    fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>>>>>>>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>>>>>>>uncommon.

You are an idiot. Fact!!

Oh you do suffer don't you. I did not write that! You should pay more >>>attention
    However fires are not uncommonly caused by lithium batteries. No proof >>>necessary just google battery fires or something similar.

supporting evidence.
    You should be more careful - you commonly fail to assign sources accurately.

many will never have heard of such a fire, despite there having been a
    number of articles about them around the world - I cannot for example >remember when there was such a report in my local paper or on
    about avoiding breakage.

ABsolute nonsense. Just use your favourite browser. You wil see, but not recognise, the truth.
    Lithium battery fires are commonplace worldwide.
    To say that you have not had one is culpably stupid. I doubt you have had a brain tumour either and they are commonplace.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Tue Aug 1 03:53:19 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 01:09:27 -0000 (UTC), Tony

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 06:18:29 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 05:27:45 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a >>>>>>>>>>>matter
    of
    time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, >>>>>>>>>>>owing
    to
    fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>>>>>>>>>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>>>>>>>>>uncommon.

You are an idiot. Fact!!

Oh you do suffer don't you. I did not write that! You should pay more >>>>>attention
    However fires are not uncommonly caused by lithium batteries. No proof >>>>>necessary just google battery fires or something similar.

You are correct it was Gordon that originally made that statement, but >>>you have now effectively said the same thing - again without any >>>supporting evidence.
    You should be more careful - you commonly fail to assign sources accurately. >I do not regard usenet as personal discussions - I regard them as
    group discussions, whereas in your authoritarian way you regard
    yourself as in charge of any thread you start . . .
    What right allows you to defame me. I am not authoritarian and you cannot prove that I am.
    You on the other hand, a firm believer in the leftist notion of superiority might well believe that you control the world.
    I have news for you - you don't!

anyone else who has. I suspect most people are in that situation, and >>>many will never have heard of such a fire, despite there having been a >>>number of articles about them around the world - I cannot for example >>>remember when there was such a report in my local paper or on
    television or radio - and I possible read and watch more widely than >>>many. I do know that when they happen they can cause severe damage. I >>>have been told that many mobile phones use such batteries but I detect
    no qualms with most people over leaving them charging overnight or >>>carrying them around - and precautions against dropping them is more >>>about avoiding breakage.

So ''quite common'' may be fairly meaningless really in the context of >>>the general population . . .
    ABsolute nonsense. Just use your favourite browser. You wil see, but not >>recognise, the truth.

So have you never experienced such a fire, or know anyone who has? I >certainly do not - they only occasionally get reported, although it is
    now clear that they can be very difficult to put out
    Nonsense. They are commonplace.

When was the last fire before the scooter fire in a Wellington
    Apartment this week?
    What a silly question - look it up.

To say that you have not had one is culpably stupid. I doubt you have had a >>brain tumour either and they are commonplace.
    No they are not. I am sorry if you have experienced either.
    Yes they are. Many hundresd every year in this country.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Tue Aug 1 15:31:04 2023

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 06:18:29 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 05:27:45 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a >>>>>>>>>>matter
    of
    time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing >>>>>>>>>>to
    fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>>>>>>>>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>>>>>>>>uncommon.

You are an idiot. Fact!!

Oh you do suffer don't you. I did not write that! You should pay more >>>>attention
    However fires are not uncommonly caused by lithium batteries. No proof >>>>necessary just google battery fires or something similar.

supporting evidence.
    You should be more careful - you commonly fail to assign sources accurately.
    I do not regard usenet as personal discussions - I regard them as
    group discussions, whereas in your authoritarian way you regard

many will never have heard of such a fire, despite there having been a >>number of articles about them around the world - I cannot for example >>remember when there was such a report in my local paper or on
    about avoiding breakage.

ABsolute nonsense. Just use your favourite browser. You wil see, but not >recognise, the truth.

So have you never experienced such a fire, or know anyone who has? I
    certainly do not - they only occasionally get reported, although it is

Apartment this week?

To say that you have not had one is culpably stupid. I doubt you have had a >brain tumour either and they are commonplace.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BR@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 1 17:38:32 2023
    On Tue, 01 Aug 2023 10:51:39 +1200, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

I cannot for example
    remember when there was such a report in my local paper or on
    many.

So you get your information from the media and from left wing blog
    sites, neither of which report any facts that you might find
    unpalatable.

That explains a lot.

Bill.

--
    This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
    https://www.avg.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Crash@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 1 17:22:46 2023
    On Tue, 01 Aug 2023 15:31:04 +1200, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 06:18:29 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 05:27:45 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Reading into this article we have the concern that it is just a >>>>>>>>>>>matter
    of
    time before a plane load of people make an unintended landing, owing
    to
    fire
    from a lithium battery.

This guy is a pilot and he has many video on you tube. Most of them >>>>>>>>>>interesting.

A quick search will also show that fires via lithum batteries are no >>>>>>>>>>uncommon.

You are an idiot. Fact!!

Oh you do suffer don't you. I did not write that! You should pay more >>>>>attention
    However fires are not uncommonly caused by lithium batteries. No proof >>>>>necessary just google battery fires or something similar.

You are correct it was Gordon that originally made that statement, but >>>you have now effectively said the same thing - again without any >>>supporting evidence.
    You should be more careful - you commonly fail to assign sources accurately. >I do not regard usenet as personal discussions - I regard them as
    group discussions,

Usenet is based on the principal that every post is from an
    individual. Newsgroups (including nz.general) are subject groupings.
    I am responding to you Rich and with Usenet it cannot be any other
    way. You can see this in the hierarchal way that posts and responses
    are shown.

While you may consider responders to a thread as a group, replies can
    only ever be to previous posts all of which came from specific
    posters.

whereas in your authoritarian way you regard

anyone else who has. I suspect most people are in that situation, and >>>many will never have heard of such a fire, despite there having been a >>>number of articles about them around the world - I cannot for example >>>remember when there was such a report in my local paper or on
    television or radio - and I possible read and watch more widely than >>>many. I do know that when they happen they can cause severe damage. I >>>have been told that many mobile phones use such batteries but I detect
    no qualms with most people over leaving them charging overnight or >>>carrying them around - and precautions against dropping them is more >>>about avoiding breakage.

So ''quite common'' may be fairly meaningless really in the context of >>>the general population . . .
    ABsolute nonsense. Just use your favourite browser. You wil see, but not >>recognise, the truth.

So have you never experienced such a fire, or know anyone who has? I >certainly do not - they only occasionally get reported, although it is

Apartment this week?

To say that you have not had one is culpably stupid. I doubt you have had a >>brain tumour either and they are commonplace.

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05