• Something Rich80105 should read.

From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 20 15:12:51 2023
    Might help him look less like a disinformation source supporting the left!

http://karldufresne.blogspot.com/2023/07/the-anti-conspiracy-theory-conspiracy.html

Standing by for Rich to demonstrate yet again that his claims he's not political are just more of his lies and disinformation :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to John Bowes on Thu Jul 20 23:09:33 2023
    John Bowes <bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

http://karldufresne.blogspot.com/2023/07/the-anti-conspiracy-theory-conspiracy.html

Standing by for Rich to demonstrate yet again that his claims he's not >political are just more of his lies and disinformation :)
    A very poignant article. I liked many of the comments but this extract from one is brilliant.

"It appears that when people use the term 'conspiracy theorist' it is entirely ideologically driven,
    with intention to stifle dissent or alternative viewpoints. I suspect that 'conspiracy theorist'
    is used as a generic term of abuse, and just like the other well loved woke insults such as 'transphobic',
    'far right' etc, are not meant to be taken with any kind of literal meaning at all. It is purely an attempt
    to denigrate anyone with differing viewpoints and attempt to discredit them using ad hominem rather than logical arguments."
    What a brilliant insight that is.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to Tony on Thu Jul 20 23:57:08 2023
    On 2023-07-20, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
    John Bowes <bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Standing by for Rich to demonstrate yet again that his claims he's not >>political are just more of his lies and disinformation :)
    A very poignant article. I liked many of the comments but this extract from one
    is brilliant.

"It appears that when people use the term 'conspiracy theorist' it is entirely
    ideologically driven,
    with intention to stifle dissent or alternative viewpoints. I suspect that 'conspiracy theorist'
    is used as a generic term of abuse, and just like the other well loved woke insults such as 'transphobic',
    'far right' etc, are not meant to be taken with any kind of literal meaning at
    all. It is purely an attempt
    to denigrate anyone with differing viewpoints and attempt to discredit them using ad hominem rather than logical arguments."
    What a brilliant insight that is.

You bet me to it Tony.

I think the shows that we are on the road to no place dignified. It is a
    case of slanging insults at each other and minds closing off. Scrapping frequently and the woke folks making excuses to get authorian. Not a good society.

Do we hear a hint that the election was stolen?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to John Bowes on Thu Jul 20 23:48:54 2023
    On 2023-07-20, John Bowes <bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Standing by for Rich to demonstrate yet again that his claims he's not political are just more of his lies and disinformation :)

Down in the comments we have

Ben Waimata said...

The term 'conspiracy theorist' is itself ludicrous. We are told that
    all of us who did not want to get the mRNA inoculations were 'conspiracy theorists', with no consideration of the possibilty that we merely
    questioned the efficacy and even safety of a novel medication that had previously not been commercially viable. What 'conspiracy' were we
    alleged to theorise about? Why could we not have an open discussion about
    these issues, instead of being marginalised? Why is it a 'conspiracy
    theory' to wonder if a new medical process might have adverse reactions,
    when it is not 'conspiracy theory' to suspect (for example) that eating
    KFC might have some negative health impacts?

It appears that when people use the term 'conspiracy theorist' it is entirely ideologically driven, with intention to stifle dissent or
    alternative viewpoints. I suspect that 'conspiracy theorist' is used as
    a generic term of abuse, and just like the other well loved woke insults
    such as 'transphobic', 'far right' etc, are not meant to be taken with
    any kind of literal meaning at all. It is purely an attempt to denigrate
    anyone with differing viewpoints and attempt to discredit them using ad
    hominem rather than logical arguments.

July 20, 2023 at 7:53 PM

Unquote

Very well put.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05