• Cost of living crisis

From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 11 20:38:44 2023
    Here's a thought for you all. If Labour give a damn about the cost of living crisis why are they telling us to take less time in the shower and wrap up to keep warm? Wouldn't it be of more value just to drop GST from energy costs? Or are they that
    desperate for our hard won money to waste on frivolous three/five/ten waters?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to bowesjohn02@gmail.com on Wed Jul 12 16:04:59 2023
    On Tue, 11 Jul 2023 20:38:44 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
    <bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Here's a thought for you all. If Labour give a damn about the cost of living crisis why are they telling us to take less time in the shower and wrap up to keep warm? Wouldn't it be of more value just to drop GST from energy costs? Or are they that

You are onto something there John Bowes. If you think Labour are
    incompetent for not dropping GST on energy costs, have you got a
    commitment to do that from Chris Luxon? Or are you saying National are incompetent as well?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 11 23:00:08 2023
    On Wednesday, July 12, 2023 at 4:08:26 PM UTC+12, Rich80105 wrote:
    On Tue, 11 Jul 2023 20:38:44 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
    <bowes...@gmail.com> wrote:

You are onto something there John Bowes. If you think Labour are
    incompetent for not dropping GST on energy costs, have you got a
    commitment to do that from Chris Luxon? Or are you saying National are incompetent as well?
    Labour's the current government Rich. I know simple facts like this have a tendency to slip what passes for your mind! Plus it's been the current Labour government who have helped create the cost of living crisis (Hipkins words not mine) so it'd be nice
    if unlike their usual practice they actually did something rather than just talk about it. THAT is why I brought up what to me was what a caring government would do. note I didn't suggest Labour tells the SOE's they control to drop their very recent
    price hikes. something which isn't designed to keep the price of everything down. Much like the increase in petrol prices caused by them!
    Besides Rich, it's not just Labours failure to drop GST on energy that makes me believe they're incompetent. It's their abysmal track record since 2017 that supports that claim!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05