• Re: Time to get tough

From John Bowes@21:1/5 to Tony on Tue May 2 15:51:19 2023
    On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 10:43:43 AM UTC+12, Tony wrote:
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/wellington/131929215/climate-protesters-accused-of-blocking-dad-on-way-to-daughters-chemotherapy
    I don't know what the law permits but I would like to see each of them go to prison for a month, every time they do this. The cost of doing that would probably be much less than the cost of removing the pricks.
    Protesters are entitled to make their case, but this is now out of hand and blocking roads has never been OK.

Follow the lead of the UK. Lock them up for three years with no time off for good behaviour! A month doesn't give them enough time to contemplate just how stupid they are. Hell even Wellingtons Green mayor has told them they've gone to far!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 2 22:42:09 2023
    XPost: nz.politics

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/wellington/131929215/climate-protesters-accused-of-blocking-dad-on-way-to-daughters-chemotherapy
    I don't know what the law permits but I would like to see each of them go to prison for a month, every time they do this. The cost of doing that would probably be much less than the cost of removing the pricks.
    Protesters are entitled to make their case, but this is now out of hand and blocking roads has never been OK.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to John Bowes on Tue May 2 23:22:03 2023
    On 2023-05-02, John Bowes <bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:
    I don't know what the law permits but I would like to see each of them go to >> prison for a month, every time they do this. The cost of doing that would
    probably be much less than the cost of removing the pricks.
    Protesters are entitled to make their case, but this is now out of hand and >> blocking roads has never been OK.

Follow the lead of the UK. Lock them up for three years with no time off for good behaviour! A month doesn't give them enough time to contemplate just how stupid they are. Hell even Wellingtons Green mayor has told them they've gone to far!

Yes, we need to block their access.

There is a fundental principle in a democracy that the people are allowed to travel where they wish freely. That is why putting people in prison is punishment.

Also we need to ask them to pay for the prison service. Okay unlikely to get
    it but would mess up their credit record.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Gordon on Thu May 4 23:00:20 2023
    Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    I don't know what the law permits but I would like to see each of them go >>>to
    prison for a month, every time they do this. The cost of doing that would >>> probably be much less than the cost of removing the pricks.
    Protesters are entitled to make their case, but this is now out of hand and >>> blocking roads has never been OK.

Follow the lead of the UK. Lock them up for three years with no time off for >>good behaviour! A month doesn't give them enough time to contemplate just how >>stupid they are. Hell even Wellingtons Green mayor has told them they've gone >>to far!

There is a fundental principle in a democracy that the people are allowed to >travel where they wish freely. That is why putting people in prison is >punishment.

Also we need to ask them to pay for the prison service. Okay unlikely to get >it but would mess up their credit record.
    And they did it again this morning, this time sitting on a signage gantry thereby closing one lane.
    They are just pricks who don't give a fig about the rest of humanity and their cause is bullshit anyway.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to Tony on Thu May 4 17:59:16 2023
    On Friday, May 5, 2023 at 11:01:35 AM UTC+12, Tony wrote:
    Gordon <Gor...@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    On 2023-05-02, John Bowes <bowes...@gmail.com> wrote:
    I don't know what the law permits but I would like to see each of them go
    to
    prison for a month, every time they do this. The cost of doing that would
    Protesters are entitled to make their case, but this is now out of hand and
    blocking roads has never been OK.

Follow the lead of the UK. Lock them up for three years with no time off for
    good behaviour! A month doesn't give them enough time to contemplate just how
    stupid they are. Hell even Wellingtons Green mayor has told them they've gone
    to far!

There is a fundental principle in a democracy that the people are allowed to
    travel where they wish freely. That is why putting people in prison is >punishment.

And they did it again this morning, this time sitting on a signage gantry thereby closing one lane.
    They are just pricks who don't give a fig about the rest of humanity and their
    cause is bullshit anyway.
    From a reply I got from their Twitter page. It's about the whole of NZ not just Wellington. Going to suggest they block the roads into the parliament car park and discommode the politicians and their lacky's rather than hard working New Zealanders...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to Tony on Fri May 5 03:00:31 2023
    On 2023-05-04, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
    Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    I don't know what the law permits but I would like to see each of them go >>>>to
    prison for a month, every time they do this. The cost of doing that would >>>> probably be much less than the cost of removing the pricks.

to far!

There is a fundental principle in a democracy that the people are allowed to >>travel where they wish freely. That is why putting people in prison is >>punishment.

Also we need to ask them to pay for the prison service. Okay unlikely to get >>it but would mess up their credit record.

I did see that the opinion poll on the news page had 11% is favour of the method of protesting. A start I guess.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to John Bowes on Fri May 5 03:06:35 2023
    On 2023-05-05, John Bowes <bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

to

to far!

travel where they wish freely. That is why putting people in prison is
    punishment.

And they did it again this morning, this time sitting on a signage gantry
    thereby closing one lane.
    From a reply I got from their Twitter page. It's about the whole of NZ not just Wellington. Going to suggest they block the roads into the parliament car park and discommode the politicians and their lacky's rather than hard working New Zealanders...

They mean as in the West Coast of the South Island?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to Tony on Thu May 4 21:44:06 2023
    to

to far!

travel where they wish freely. That is why putting people in prison is >punishment.

Why aren't they locking these buffoons up for three years like the Brits!?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ras Mikaere@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 5 22:30:48 2023
    Prison For A Month ??
    What Next Tony You Torture Agent.
    YOU ARE INDEED A SUB-HUMAN TYPE LATIN CREATURE.
    Was That Your Father Who Work As An Actor In That
    'Pit And Pendulum' Movie (1960) ??
    THAT CREEPY TORTUROUS SADIST LATIN.
    THAT WAS YOUR FATHER WASN'T IT TONY ??

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05