• Draconian?

From Tony@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 28 01:55:17 2023
    XPost: nz.politics

No, when you add up the pain and distress caused by him and similar morons to thousands of law abiding people who just want to get on with their lives, not draconian at all.
    But it could not happen here with this government that is less tough on criminals than any in recent history. https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/climate-news/131870410/kiwi-climate-activist-given-draconian-prison-sentence-in-uk

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to Tony on Thu Apr 27 19:34:23 2023
    On Friday, April 28, 2023 at 1:55:19 PM UTC+12, Tony wrote:
    No, when you add up the pain and distress caused by him and similar morons to
    thousands of law abiding people who just want to get on with their lives, not
    draconian at all.
    But it could not happen here with this government that is less tough on criminals than any in recent history. https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/climate-news/131870410/kiwi-climate-activist-given-draconian-prison-sentence-in-uk

Good to see at least one democratic country treating these loons as common criminals pushing a failed religion...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to Tony on Fri Apr 28 04:57:06 2023
    On 2023-04-28, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
    No, when you add up the pain and distress caused by him and similar morons to thousands of law abiding people who just want to get on with their lives, not draconian at all.

Let us hope that this not make him a maytar. It is a risk.

This is a sign that the push back is coming. As Tony has said several times
    in the past, protesters must not restrain other people from going
    about their business.

If a protest is free speech then blocking a busy road is not. Freedom of movement is another property which rules in a democracy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to Gordon on Fri Apr 28 22:50:40 2023
    On 28 Apr 2023 04:57:06 GMT, Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:

No, when you add up the pain and distress caused by him and similar morons to
    thousands of law abiding people who just want to get on with their lives, not
    draconian at all.
    But it could not happen here with this government that is less tough on
    criminals than any in recent history.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/climate-news/131870410/kiwi-climate-activist-given-draconian-prison-sentence-in-uk

This is a sign that the push back is coming. As Tony has said several times >in the past, protesters must not restrain other people from going
    about their business.

If a protest is free speech then blocking a busy road is not. Freedom of >movement is another property which rules in a democracy.

I don't recall Tony objecting when the truck companies were paying
    their drivers to block roads around Parliament . . . .

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Fri Apr 28 20:42:59 2023
    Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:

No, when you add up the pain and distress caused by him and similar morons >>>to
    thousands of law abiding people who just want to get on with their lives, >>>not
    draconian at all.
    But it could not happen here with this government that is less tough on
    criminals than any in recent history.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/climate-news/131870410/kiwi-climate-activist-given-draconian-prison-sentence-in-uk

This is a sign that the push back is coming. As Tony has said several times >>in the past, protesters must not restrain other people from going
    about their business.

If a protest is free speech then blocking a busy road is not. Freedom of >>movement is another property which rules in a democracy.

You have a faulty memory. I am on record objecting to anybody blocking roads for political or protest purposes including the one you mention - you on the other hand are just nasty and cannot allow an opportunity to abuse someone better than you to pass.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Sat Apr 29 09:25:02 2023
    On Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:42:59 -0000 (UTC), Tony
    <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

No, when you add up the pain and distress caused by him and similar morons >>>>to
    thousands of law abiding people who just want to get on with their lives, >>>>not
    draconian at all.
    But it could not happen here with this government that is less tough on >>>> criminals than any in recent history.

This is a sign that the push back is coming. As Tony has said several times >>>in the past, protesters must not restrain other people from going
    about their business.

If a protest is free speech then blocking a busy road is not. Freedom of >>>movement is another property which rules in a democracy.

You have a faulty memory. I am on record objecting to anybody blocking roads >for political or protest purposes including the one you mention - you on the >other hand are just nasty and cannot allow an opportunity to abuse someone >better than you to pass.

In that case congratulations, Tony. That protest was of course
    organised by the trucking organisation that was at that time being led
    by an ex-National Party MP - it was clearly a political protest, just
    as the disruption to roads during a protest during Covid that had
    assistance in its organisation from the Taxpayer Union. I cannot see
    that I abused anyone however - what was the basis of your statement
    that I had?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 28 15:19:40 2023
    On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 9:30:07 AM UTC+12, Rich80105 wrote:
    <lizan...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    On 28 Apr 2023 04:57:06 GMT, Gordon <Gor...@leaf.net.nz> wrote:

On 2023-04-28, Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
    No, when you add up the pain and distress caused by him and similar morons
    to
    thousands of law abiding people who just want to get on with their lives,
    not
    draconian at all.
    But it could not happen here with this government that is less tough on >>>> criminals than any in recent history.

This is a sign that the push back is coming. As Tony has said several times
    in the past, protesters must not restrain other people from going >>>about their business.

If a protest is free speech then blocking a busy road is not. Freedom of >>>movement is another property which rules in a democracy.

You have a faulty memory. I am on record objecting to anybody blocking roads
    for political or protest purposes including the one you mention - you on the
    other hand are just nasty and cannot allow an opportunity to abuse someone >better than you to pass.
    that I had?
    Get back on topic you waste of oxygen! It's about the very good sentence of the Green creep in the UK. Sentence should have been SIX years!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Fri Apr 28 23:07:08 2023
    <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

No, when you add up the pain and distress caused by him and similar >>>>>morons
    to
    thousands of law abiding people who just want to get on with their lives, >>>>>not
    draconian at all.
    But it could not happen here with this government that is less tough on >>>>> criminals than any in recent history.

This is a sign that the push back is coming. As Tony has said several times >>>>in the past, protesters must not restrain other people from going
    about their business.

If a protest is free speech then blocking a busy road is not. Freedom of >>>>movement is another property which rules in a democracy.

You have a faulty memory. I am on record objecting to anybody blocking roads >>for political or protest purposes including the one you mention - you on the >>other hand are just nasty and cannot allow an opportunity to abuse someone >>better than you to pass.

that I had?
    Just leave off the irrelevant political rhetoric will you. Of course you cannot see that you abused anyone, abuse is second nature to you, you barely know when you are doing it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05