• Helen Clark ignores the obvious!

From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 19 22:13:57 2023
    Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along with social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five years. I know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but if she'd actually shown kindness
    rather than play acting it I'd have more sympathy for her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit worthy of Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's talked to her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have been in a better position now.
    But like they say karma sucks when it turns on you and bites you on the arse...

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/helen-clark-calls-for-rethink-on-political-debate-in-wake-of-ardern-resignation/ar-AA16xH7A?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=015089752c5c49d1a593098886ee38b8

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Crash@21:1/5 to bowesjohn02@gmail.com on Fri Jan 20 20:25:29 2023
    On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes
    <bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along with social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five years. I know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but if she'd actually shown
    kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more sympathy for her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit worthy of Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's talked to her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have been in a better position now.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/helen-clark-calls-for-rethink-on-political-debate-in-wake-of-ardern-resignation/ar-AA16xH7A?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=015089752c5c49d1a593098886ee38b8

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of
    security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of
    social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of
    interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security
    issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he
    is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Crash on Fri Jan 20 19:14:32 2023
    Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid> wrote:
    On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes
    <bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along with >>social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five years. I >>know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but if she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more sympathy for >>her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit worthy of >>Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's talked to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have been in a >>better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on you and >>bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of
    social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has resulted in safety concerns for public figures. A worldwide problem of course.
    I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has received is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her government has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., is totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting the individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and that is limiting freedom of speech or introducing hate laws.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to Tony on Fri Jan 20 20:29:53 2023
    On 2023-01-20, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
    On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along with >>>social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five years. I >>>know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but if she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more sympathy for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit worthy of >>>Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's talked to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have been in a >>>better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on you and >>>bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has resulted
    in safety concerns for public figures. A worldwide problem of course.
    I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., is totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting the individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and that is
    limiting freedom of speech or introducing hate laws.

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething problems. It
    is technology which is being used in an iresponsible way.

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not take
    into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy
    those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal
    for the Government.

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not correct. Something very hard for any Government to do.

So the esculation on both sides increased. To get beyond this society needs
    to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for
    others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, Fackbook/Meta have filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to
    Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Gordon on Fri Jan 20 21:02:00 2023
    Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along with >>>>social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five years. I >>>>know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but if >>>>she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more sympathy >>>>for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit worthy >>>>of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's talked >>>>to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have been in a >>>>better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on you and >>>>bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>resulted
    I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., is
    totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting the
    individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and that >>is

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething problems. It >is technology which is being used in an iresponsible way.

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not take >into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy
    those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative >with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal
    for the Government.

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not correct. >Something very hard for any Government to do.

So the esculation on both sides increased. To get beyond this society needs >to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, Fackbook/Meta have >filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to >Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.
    I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. Especially co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I hope there will be no hate speech laws.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to Tony on Fri Jan 20 13:29:14 2023
    On Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 10:02:02 AM UTC+13, Tony wrote:
    Gordon <Gor...@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    On 2023-01-20, Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
    Crash <nog...@dontbother.invalid> wrote:
    On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>><bowes...@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along with
    social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five years. I
    know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but if >>>>she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more sympathy >>>>for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit worthy >>>>of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's talked
    to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have been in a
    better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on you and
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>resulted
    I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., is >> totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting the >> individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and that
    is

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething problems. It >is technology which is being used in an iresponsible way.

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not take >into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative >with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal >for the Government.

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not correct. >Something very hard for any Government to do.

So the esculation on both sides increased. To get beyond this society needs >to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, Fackbook/Meta have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to >Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.
    I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. Especially co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I hope there will be no hate speech laws.
    Agreed. Hipkins is looking like the new PM and is by some accounts more right wing than most of his colleagues. Hopefully he will be prepared to reign in his sillier cabinet members and common sense will at last prevail in Labours cabinet...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Crash on Fri Jan 20 23:00:30 2023
    On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:02:00 -0000 (UTC), Tony
    <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along >>>>>>with
    social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five years. >>>>>>I
    know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but if >>>>>>she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more sympathy >>>>>>for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit worthy >>>>>>of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's >>>>>>talked
    to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have been in >>>>>>a
    better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on you >>>>>>and
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>>>resulted
    I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., is >>>> totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting the >>>> individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and >>>>that
    is

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething problems. It >>>is technology which is being used in an iresponsible way.

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not take >>>into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative >>>with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal >>>for the Government.

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not correct. >>>Something very hard for any Government to do.

So the esculation on both sides increased. To get beyond this society needs >>>to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>>others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, Fackbook/Meta >>>have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to >>>Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.
    I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. Especially >>co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I hope >>there will be no hate speech laws.

I can understand that it is very difficult to separate out what is
    truly 'hate speech' without unintentionally suppressing free speech
    that is not 'hate speech". I would hope though that at some time in
    the future this might be achieved.

I would aupport a balanced and sensible bit of legislation - but so far there has been nothing of merit proposed. There is something in the UK and it is not well liked, but I don't have the detail.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Crash@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Sat Jan 21 11:19:33 2023

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along with >>>>>social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five years. I
    know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but if >>>>>she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more sympathy >>>>>for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit worthy >>>>>of
    to
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>>resulted
    I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., is >>> totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting the >>> individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and that >>>is

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething problems. It >>is technology which is being used in an iresponsible way.

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not take >>into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative >>with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal >>for the Government.

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not correct. >>Something very hard for any Government to do.

So the esculation on both sides increased. To get beyond this society needs >>to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>others to challange the extreme view point.

filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to >>Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.
    I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. Especially >co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I hope >there will be no hate speech laws.

I can understand that it is very difficult to separate out what is
    truly 'hate speech' without unintentionally suppressing free speech
    that is not 'hate speech". I would hope though that at some time in
    the future this might be achieved.

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From greybeard@21:1/5 to John Bowes on Sat Jan 21 13:43:37 2023
    On 20/01/23 19:13, John Bowes wrote:
    Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along with social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five years. I know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but if she'd actually shown
    kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more sympathy for her.

Clarks comments made from Switzerland.
    She's at Davos. Recruiting agent in support of her protege?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Sat Jan 21 15:44:10 2023

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along with >>>>>social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five years. I
    know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but if >>>>>she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more sympathy >>>>>for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit worthy >>>>>of
    to
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>>resulted
    I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., is >>> totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting the >>> individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and that >>>is

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething problems. It >>is technology which is being used in an iresponsible way.

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not take >>into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative >>with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal >>for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative
    views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that
    includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining
    about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with
    decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed
    decisions or that they should have acted earlier, or spent a bit more
    . . .

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not correct. >>Something very hard for any Government to do.

So the esculation on both sides increased. To get beyond this society needs >>to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>others to challange the extreme view point.

filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to >>Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.
    I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. Especially >co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I hope >there will be no hate speech laws.

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance
    arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing
    undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding contracts, Tony.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sat Jan 21 03:04:33 2023
    Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along >>>>>>with
    social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five years. >>>>>>I
    know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but if >>>>>>she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more sympathy >>>>>>for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit worthy >>>>>>of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's >>>>>>talked
    to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have been in >>>>>>a
    better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on you >>>>>>and
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>>>resulted
    I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., is >>>> totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting the >>>> individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and >>>>that
    is

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething problems. It >>>is technology which is being used in an iresponsible way.

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not take >>>into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative >>>with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal >>>for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative
    views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining
    about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed
    I did not write that - do reply to the author and stop being so lazy.
    . . .

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not correct. >>>Something very hard for any Government to do.

So the esculation on both sides increased. To get beyond this society needs >>>to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>>others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, Fackbook/Meta >>>have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to >>>Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.
    I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. Especially >>co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I hope >>there will be no hate speech laws.

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance
    arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing
    undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding >contracts, Tony.
    Finlayson did not make any co-governance arrangements. Provide a cite or piss off.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to Tony on Fri Jan 20 20:19:20 2023
    On Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 4:04:35 PM UTC+13, Tony wrote:
    Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    <lizan...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>><bowes...@gmail.com> wrote:

social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five years.
    I
    know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but if
    she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more sympathy
    for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit worthy
    of
    to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have been in
    a
    bites you on the arse...

--
    Crash McBash
    in safety concerns for public figures. A worldwide problem of course. >>>> I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>>received
    is

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not take >>>into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative
    with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal >>>for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative >views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining
    about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed
    . . .

to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>>others to challange the extreme view point.

I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. Especially
    co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I hope
    there will be no hate speech laws.

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance >arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing
    undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding >contracts, Tony.
    Finlayson did not make any co-governance arrangements. Provide a cite or piss off.
    Rich as usual can't provide a cite to support this lie because like so many of his claims there isn't one. Typical of serial liars with no comprehension skills like Rich...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Sat Jan 21 21:03:11 2023
    On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 03:04:33 -0000 (UTC), Tony

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along >>>>>>>with
    I
    she'd
    for
    her.
    of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's >>>>>>>talked
    to
    a
    better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on you >>>>>>>and
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>>>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>>>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>>>>resulted
    in safety concerns for public figures. A worldwide problem of course. >>>>> I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>>>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>>>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., is >>>>> totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting the >>>>> individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and >>>>>that
    is

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not take >>>>into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>>>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative >>>>with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal >>>>for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative >>views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >>includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining
    about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >>decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed
    I apologise for not recognising that you do not have normal competence
    to track different posters in a thread . . .

. . .

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not correct. >>>>Something very hard for any Government to do.

So the esculation on both sides increased. To get beyond this society needs >>>>to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>>>others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, Fackbook/Meta >>>>have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to >>>>Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.
    co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I hope >>>there will be no hate speech laws.

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance >>arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing
    undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding >>contracts, Tony.
    Finlayson did not make any co-governance arrangements. Provide a cite or piss >off. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/national-dilemma-chris-finlayson-on-co-governance-education-and-frankly-hopeless-politicians/LPGZDX32PPUKFAVT6LPKJUCMQE/
    https://e-tangata.co.nz/comment-and-analysis/chris-finlayson-co-governance-should-be-embraced-not-feared/
    https://www.minterellison.co.nz/insights/co-governance-the-misunderstood-political-hot-potato-and-likely-election-dominator
    https://www.bankside.co.nz/post/politics-law-competence-and-co-governance-an-interview-with-hon-christopher-finlayson-qc
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/programmes/the-detail/story/2018841355/co-governance-time-to-get-on-with-it
    https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/wellington/wellington-mornings-with-nick-mills/audio/chris-finlayson-reacts-to-acts-anti-co-governance-proposals/
    https://www.newsroom.co.nz/podcast-the-detail/co-governance-time-to-get-on-with-it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolzKqJjY7w&ab_channel=NZQandATVNZ https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/05/experts-explain-what-co-governance-is-and-why-new-zealanders-shouldn-t-be-afraid-of-it.html
    and one that does not have a lot of Finlayson https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/08/11/explainer-what-is-co-governance/

It is sad that you could not have found a few of these for yourself -
    try using Google sometime . . .

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 21 00:53:56 2023
    On Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 9:07:27 PM UTC+13, Rich80105 wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>>><bowes...@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along >>>>>>>with
    I
    she'd
    for
    her.
    of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's >>>>>>>talked
    to
    a
    better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on you
    and
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>>>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>>>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>>>>resulted
    in safety concerns for public figures. A worldwide problem of course. >>>>> I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>>>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>>>government
    totally unacceptable.
    individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and >>>>>that
    is

into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>>>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative
    with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal >>>>for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative >>views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >>includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining
    about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >>decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed >>decisions or that they should have acted earlier, or spent a bit more

Once again you blame others for one of your many major failings Rich. You must love being a fucking imbecilic hypocrite!
    . . .

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not correct.
    Something very hard for any Government to do.

to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>>>others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, Fackbook/Meta >>>>have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to >>>>Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance >>arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing >>undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding >>contracts, Tony.
    Finlayson did not make any co-governance arrangements. Provide a cite or piss
    off. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/national-dilemma-chris-finlayson-on-co-governance-education-and-frankly-hopeless-politicians/LPGZDX32PPUKFAVT6LPKJUCMQE/
    https://e-tangata.co.nz/comment-and-analysis/chris-finlayson-co-governance-should-be-embraced-not-feared/
    https://www.minterellison.co.nz/insights/co-governance-the-misunderstood-political-hot-potato-and-likely-election-dominator
    https://www.bankside.co.nz/post/politics-law-competence-and-co-governance-an-interview-with-hon-christopher-finlayson-qc
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/programmes/the-detail/story/2018841355/co-governance-time-to-get-on-with-it
    https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/wellington/wellington-mornings-with-nick-mills/audio/chris-finlayson-reacts-to-acts-anti-co-governance-proposals/
    https://www.newsroom.co.nz/podcast-the-detail/co-governance-time-to-get-on-with-it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolzKqJjY7w&ab_channel=NZQandATVNZ https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/05/experts-explain-what-co-governance-is-and-why-new-zealanders-shouldn-t-be-afraid-of-it.html
    and one that does not have a lot of Finlayson https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/08/11/explainer-what-is-co-governance/

It does however a lot of failure to understand the difference between co-management and co-governance Rich. Just like you!

Who provided you with those links Rich. It's fucking obvious from your history here that it wasn't you who used google. Hell you can't even use a spell checker :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sat Jan 21 19:25:38 2023

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along >>>>>>>>with
    social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five >>>>>>>>years.
    I
    know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but >>>>>>>>if
    she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more >>>>>>>>sympathy
    for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit >>>>>>>>worthy
    of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's >>>>>>>>talked
    to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have been >>>>>>>>in
    a
    better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on you >>>>>>>>and
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>>>>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>>>>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>>>>>resulted
    in safety concerns for public figures. A worldwide problem of course. >>>>>> I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>>>>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>>>>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., is >>>>>> totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting the >>>>>> individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and >>>>>>that
    is

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething problems. >>>>>It

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not take >>>>>into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>>>>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative
    with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal >>>>>for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative >>>views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >>>includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining
    about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >>>decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed >>>decisions or that they should have acted earlier, or spent a bit more
    You are just lazy. My competence in all things except lying eclipses yours.

. . .

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not correct. >>>>>Something very hard for any Government to do.

to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>>>>others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, Fackbook/Meta >>>>>have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to >>>>>Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.
    I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. >>>>Especially
    co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I >>>>hope

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance >>>arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing >>>undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding >>>contracts, Tony.
    Finlayson did not make any co-governance arrangements. Provide a cite or piss >>off. >https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/national-dilemma-chris-finlayson-on-co-governance-education-and-frankly-hopeless-politicians/LPGZDX32PPUKFAVT6LPKJUCMQE/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolzKqJjY7w&ab_channel=NZQandATVNZ >https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/05/experts-explain-what-co-governance-is-and-why-new-zealanders-shouldn-t-be-afraid-of-it.html
    and one that does not have a lot of Finlayson >https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/08/11/explainer-what-is-co-governance/

Not sad at all - none of them are co-governance.
    They are co-management.
    We have explained that to you several times but it clearly does not stick.
    I have also pointed out to you before that you so often have failed to understand the profound difference between management and governance. A distinction the authors also fail to understand.
    I am however delighted that you spent all that time finding worthless URLs.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sat Jan 21 21:02:49 2023
    On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 19:25:38 -0000 (UTC), Tony

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:02:00 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>>>>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along >>>>>>>>>>with
    social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five >>>>>>>>>>years.
    I
    know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics >>>>>>>>>>but
    if
    she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more >>>>>>>>>>sympathy
    for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit >>>>>>>>>>worthy
    of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's >>>>>>>>>>talked
    to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have >>>>>>>>>>been
    in
    a
    better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on >>>>>>>>>>you
    and
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>>>>>>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>>>>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>>>>>>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>>>>>>>resulted
    in safety concerns for public figures. A worldwide problem of course. >>>>>>>> I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>>>>>>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>>>>>>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., >>>>>>>>is
    totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting >>>>>>>>the
    individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and >>>>>>>>that
    is

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething >>>>>>>problems.
    It

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not >>>>>>>take
    into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>>>>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>>>>>>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same >>>>>>>narative
    with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal
    for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative >>>>>views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >>>>>includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining >>>>>about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >>>>>decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed >>>>>decisions or that they should have acted earlier, or spent a bit more >>>>I did not write that - do reply to the author and stop being so lazy.
    You are just lazy. My competence in all things except lying eclipses yours. >>>
    . . .

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not >>>>>>>correct.

So the esculation on both sides increased. To get beyond this society >>>>>>>needs
    to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>>>>>>others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, >>>>>>>Fackbook/Meta
    have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks >>>>>>>to
    I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. >>>>>>Especially
    co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I >>>>>>hope

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance >>>>>arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing >>>>>undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding >>>>>contracts, Tony.
    Finlayson did not make any co-governance arrangements. Provide a cite or >>>>piss
    off. >>>https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/national-dilemma-chris-finlayson-on-co-governance-education-and-frankly-hopeless-politicians/LPGZDX32PPUKFAVT6LPKJUCMQE/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolzKqJjY7w&ab_channel=NZQandATVNZ >>>https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/05/experts-explain-what-co-governance-is-and-why-new-zealanders-shouldn-t-be-afraid-of-it.html
    and one that does not have a lot of Finlayson >>>https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/08/11/explainer-what-is-co-governance/

They are co-management.
    We have explained that to you several times but it clearly does not stick. >>I have also pointed out to you before that you so often have failed to >>understand the profound difference between management and governance. A >>distinction the authors also fail to understand.

Rich descends once more into abuse.
    He is the epitomy of a failed political contender.
    He cannot even start to debate without emotional diatribes and deceit.
    One minute he believes I support National (I don't) the next he believes I hold them in contempt (I don't).
    He is a very sad excuse for a supporter of failed poilices and a failed life. Piss off you ancient old duck.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Sun Jan 22 09:47:50 2023

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:02:00 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>>>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along >>>>>>>>>with
    social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five >>>>>>>>>years.
    I
    know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics but >>>>>>>>>if
    she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more >>>>>>>>>sympathy
    for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit >>>>>>>>>worthy
    of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's >>>>>>>>>talked
    to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have been >>>>>>>>>in
    a
    and
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>>>>>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>>>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>>>>>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>>>>>>resulted
    in safety concerns for public figures. A worldwide problem of course. >>>>>>> I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>>>>>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>>>>>government
    totally unacceptable.
    individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and >>>>>>>that
    is

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething problems. >>>>>>It

into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>>>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>>>>>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative
    with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal >>>>>>for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative >>>>views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >>>>includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining >>>>about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >>>>decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed >>>>decisions or that they should have acted earlier, or spent a bit more
    You are just lazy. My competence in all things except lying eclipses yours.

. . .

to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>>>>>others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, Fackbook/Meta >>>>>>have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to >>>>>>Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.
    I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. >>>>>Especially
    co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I >>>>>hope

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance >>>>arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing >>>>undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding >>>>contracts, Tony.
    off. >>https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/national-dilemma-chris-finlayson-on-co-governance-education-and-frankly-hopeless-politicians/LPGZDX32PPUKFAVT6LPKJUCMQE/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolzKqJjY7w&ab_channel=NZQandATVNZ >>https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/05/experts-explain-what-co-governance-is-and-why-new-zealanders-shouldn-t-be-afraid-of-it.html
    and one that does not have a lot of Finlayson >>https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/08/11/explainer-what-is-co-governance/

They are co-management.
    We have explained that to you several times but it clearly does not stick.
    I have also pointed out to you before that you so often have failed to >understand the profound difference between management and governance. A >distinction the authors also fail to understand.

Your contempt for Chris Finlayson and the clear explanations that he
    has given show your contempt for the National Party. Cam Slater and
    Jordan Williams do not represent the National Party, Tony, much though
    you may wish they did. The opposition from ACT to Three Waters is for
    other reasons than your racism. National will complain about some
    minor detail of Three Warers but will carry most of it forward - they
    know that our water problems do need fixing, and that they cannot
    leave that to ratepayers.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Crash@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 22 11:47:04 2023
    On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:03:11 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along >>>>>>>>with
    I
    she'd
    for
    her.
    of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's >>>>>>>>talked
    to
    a
    better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on you >>>>>>>>and
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>>>>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>>>>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>>>>>resulted
    in safety concerns for public figures. A worldwide problem of course. >>>>>> I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>>>>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>>>>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., is >>>>>> totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting the >>>>>> individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and >>>>>>that
    is

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not take >>>>>into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>>>>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative
    with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal >>>>>for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative >>>views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >>>includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining
    about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >>>decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed >>>decisions or that they should have acted earlier, or spent a bit more

. . .

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not correct. >>>>>Something very hard for any Government to do.

to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>>>>others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, Fackbook/Meta >>>>>have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to >>>>>Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance >>>arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing >>>undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding >>>contracts, Tony.
    Finlayson did not make any co-governance arrangements. Provide a cite or piss >>off. >https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/national-dilemma-chris-finlayson-on-co-governance-education-and-frankly-hopeless-politicians/LPGZDX32PPUKFAVT6LPKJUCMQE/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolzKqJjY7w&ab_channel=NZQandATVNZ >https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/05/experts-explain-what-co-governance-is-and-why-new-zealanders-shouldn-t-be-afraid-of-it.html
    and one that does not have a lot of Finlayson >https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/08/11/explainer-what-is-co-governance/

It is sad you cannot cite any of the existing organisations that
    describe themselves as 'co-governed'. This is one such example:

https://www.waikatoregion.govt.nz/community/your-community/iwi/waikato-river-co-management/

The Waikato River Authority manages but does not own the resource it
    manages.

Rich, Findlayson may well support the co-governance provisions in the
    water reform Acts, but he is no longer in Parliament and the
    agreements he brokered provide very small-scale co-management.

Lets look at Water Entity A as a modern example of co-government. It
    supplies water services to 1.7 million Aucklanders and 0.2 million
    Northlanders and is a regulated monopoly. While there are many
    different ways to measure the size of an enterprise, a monopoly water
    supplier to 1.9 million people will be by definition a huge enterprise
    in NZ. It is run by an equal number of representatives appointed by

1. Northland and Auckland local bodies.
    2. Northland and Auckland iwi.

Rich there are two major differences between those co-managed entities
    set up when Findlayson was Nationals Treaty negotiations minister and
    the Water Entities:

1. Water Entities exercise ownership rights on water assets.
    2. No-one lives in the area covered by co-managed entities, the entire population of NZ lives within the area covered by Water Entities.

The differences between co-managed entities established in the past by
    National governments are therefore nothing more than historical
    interest and they do not provide any background relevance to the
    current Water reforms. In fact, there is no references to this in all
    the information published by the government about the Water reforms.

Rich I don't expect you to take any notice of or acknowledge the
    substance of this information. You consistently ignore anything that invalidates your political narratives.

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to Tony on Sat Jan 21 14:57:49 2023
    On Sunday, January 22, 2023 at 10:02:51 AM UTC+13, Tony wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:02:00 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>><lizan...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>>>>>><bowes...@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along
    with
    social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five >>>>>>>>>>years.
    I
    know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics >>>>>>>>>>but
    if
    she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more >>>>>>>>>>sympathy
    for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit >>>>>>>>>>worthy
    of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's
    talked
    to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have >>>>>>>>>>been
    in
    a
    better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on >>>>>>>>>>you
    and
    bites you on the arse...

social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has
    resulted
    I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has
    received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>>>>>>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc.,
    is
    totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting >>>>>>>>the
    individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and
    that
    is

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething >>>>>>>problems.
    It

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not >>>>>>>take
    into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>>>>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy
    those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same >>>>>>>narative
    for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative >>>>>views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >>>>>includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining >>>>>about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >>>>>decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed >>>>>decisions or that they should have acted earlier, or spent a bit more >>>>I did not write that - do reply to the author and stop being so lazy. >>>I apologise for not recognising that you do not have normal competence >>>to track different posters in a thread . . .
    You are just lazy. My competence in all things except lying eclipses yours. >>>
    . . .

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not >>>>>>>correct.

So the esculation on both sides increased. To get beyond this society >>>>>>>needs

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, >>>>>>>Fackbook/Meta
    have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks >>>>>>>to
    I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. >>>>>>Especially
    co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I >>>>>>hope

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance >>>>>arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing >>>>>undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding >>>>>contracts, Tony.
    Finlayson did not make any co-governance arrangements. Provide a cite or >>>>piss
    off. >>>https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/national-dilemma-chris-finlayson-on-co-governance-education-and-frankly-hopeless-politicians/LPGZDX32PPUKFAVT6LPKJUCMQE/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolzKqJjY7w&ab_channel=NZQandATVNZ >>>https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/05/experts-explain-what-co-governance-is-and-why-new-zealanders-shouldn-t-be-afraid-of-it.html
    and one that does not have a lot of Finlayson >>>https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/08/11/explainer-what-is-co-governance/

It is sad that you could not have found a few of these for yourself - >>>try using Google sometime . . .
    They are co-management.
    We have explained that to you several times but it clearly does not stick. >>I have also pointed out to you before that you so often have failed to >>understand the profound difference between management and governance. A >>distinction the authors also fail to understand.

Rich descends once more into abuse.
    He is the epitomy of a failed political contender.
    He cannot even start to debate without emotional diatribes and deceit.
    One minute he believes I support National (I don't) the next he believes I hold
    them in contempt (I don't).
    He is a very sad excuse for a supporter of failed poilices and a failed life. Piss off you ancient old duck.
    Funny how now, when it suits Rich, Cam and Jordan suddenly aren't National supporters. Funny how the truth only seems to surface when Rich is trying to be stupid :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 22 12:35:10 2023
    On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 11:47:04 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid>
    wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:03:11 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:02:00 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>>>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along >>>>>>>>>with
    I
    she'd
    for
    her.
    of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's >>>>>>>>>talked
    to
    a
    and
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>>>>>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>>>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>>>>>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>>>>>>resulted
    in safety concerns for public figures. A worldwide problem of course. >>>>>>> I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>>>>>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>>>>>government
    totally unacceptable.
    individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and >>>>>>>that
    is

into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>>>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>>>>>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative
    with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become personal >>>>>>for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative >>>>views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >>>>includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining >>>>about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >>>>decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed >>>>decisions or that they should have acted earlier, or spent a bit more

. . .

to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>>>>>others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, Fackbook/Meta >>>>>>have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to >>>>>>Elon and the truth continues to "leak" out.

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance >>>>arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing >>>>undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding >>>>contracts, Tony.
    off. >>https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/national-dilemma-chris-finlayson-on-co-governance-education-and-frankly-hopeless-politicians/LPGZDX32PPUKFAVT6LPKJUCMQE/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolzKqJjY7w&ab_channel=NZQandATVNZ >>https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/05/experts-explain-what-co-governance-is-and-why-new-zealanders-shouldn-t-be-afraid-of-it.html
    and one that does not have a lot of Finlayson >>https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/08/11/explainer-what-is-co-governance/

https://www.waikatoregion.govt.nz/community/your-community/iwi/waikato-river-co-management/

The Waikato River Authority manages but does not own the resource it
    manages.

He has spoken firmly in support of co-governance arranagements, which
    do not in any case amount to ownership. They are smaller than the
    entities now being proposed, but the problems are great - do you
    really favour leaving it to the continuing failure of local
    authorities to put in the resources neeeded to fix it?

Lets look at Water Entity A as a modern example of co-government. It >supplies water services to 1.7 million Aucklanders and 0.2 million >Northlanders and is a regulated monopoly. While there are many
    different ways to measure the size of an enterprise, a monopoly water >supplier to 1.9 million people will be by definition a huge enterprise

the Water Entities:

No, they exercise management rights.

2. No-one lives in the area covered by co-managed entities, the entire >population of NZ lives within the area covered by Water Entities.
    Wrong - the one co-governance arrangement that you give affects water
    over a large area; as does the arranagment that exists to manage
    (among other things) water levels in a number of rivers including the
    Wanganui River.

The differences between co-managed entities established in the past by >National governments are therefore nothing more than historical
    They do proviide assurance that these co-governance arrangements do
    work - they are currently working, and Chris Finlayson at least
    believes National is wrong to be rejecting them - and it is
    interesting that National are not rejecting them formally - they know
    that the problems will not go away; they just want to mis-represent
    what Labour is doing to create a ''failure'' in the minds of voters.

substance of this information. You consistently ignore anything that >invalidates your political narratives.
    At least I provided some urls to support my position - how would a
    National / ACT Government fix Auckland's dirty beaches?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Sun Jan 22 12:27:52 2023
    On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:02:49 -0000 (UTC), Tony

On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 03:04:33 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:02:00 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>>>>>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along
    with
    social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five >>>>>>>>>>>years.
    I
    know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics >>>>>>>>>>>but
    if
    she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more >>>>>>>>>>>sympathy
    for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit >>>>>>>>>>>worthy
    of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's >>>>>>>>>>>talked
    to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have >>>>>>>>>>>been
    in
    a
    better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on >>>>>>>>>>>you
    and
    bites you on the arse...

security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>>>>>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>>>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>>>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has
    resulted
    in safety concerns for public figures. A worldwide problem of course. >>>>>>>>> I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>>>>>>>received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>>>>>>>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats etc., >>>>>>>>>is
    totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting >>>>>>>>>the
    individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and
    that
    is

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething >>>>>>>>problems.
    It

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not >>>>>>>>take
    into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>>>>>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>>>>>>>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same >>>>>>>>narative
    for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative >>>>>>views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >>>>>>includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining >>>>>>about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >>>>>>decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed >>>>>>decisions or that they should have acted earlier, or spent a bit more >>>>>I did not write that - do reply to the author and stop being so lazy. >>>>I apologise for not recognising that you do not have normal competence >>>>to track different posters in a thread . . .
    You are just lazy. My competence in all things except lying eclipses yours. >>>>
    . . .

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not >>>>>>>>correct.

So the esculation on both sides increased. To get beyond this society >>>>>>>>needs

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, >>>>>>>>Fackbook/Meta
    have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks >>>>>>>>to
    I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. >>>>>>>Especially
    co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I >>>>>>>hope

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance >>>>>>arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing >>>>>>undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding >>>>>>contracts, Tony.
    Finlayson did not make any co-governance arrangements. Provide a cite or >>>>>piss
    off. >>>>https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/national-dilemma-chris-finlayson-on-co-governance-education-and-frankly-hopeless-politicians/LPGZDX32PPUKFAVT6LPKJUCMQE/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolzKqJjY7w&ab_channel=NZQandATVNZ >>>>https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/05/experts-explain-what-co-governance-is-and-why-new-zealanders-shouldn-t-be-afraid-of-it.html
    and one that does not have a lot of Finlayson >>>>https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/08/11/explainer-what-is-co-governance/

It is sad that you could not have found a few of these for yourself - >>>>try using Google sometime . . .
    They are co-management.
    We have explained that to you several times but it clearly does not stick. >>>I have also pointed out to you before that you so often have failed to >>>understand the profound difference between management and governance. A >>>distinction the authors also fail to understand.
    I am however delighted that you spent all that time finding worthless URLs. >>
    Your contempt for Chris Finlayson and the clear explanations that he
    has given show your contempt for the National Party. Cam Slater and
    Jordan Williams do not represent the National Party, Tony, much though
    you may wish they did. The opposition from ACT to Three Waters is for
    other reasons than your racism. National will complain about some
    minor detail of Three Warers but will carry most of it forward - they
    know that our water problems do need fixing, and that they cannot
    leave that to ratepayers.

I suspected that you would respond with abuse, which I gave exactly
    the serious consideration that ou gave to my comments. Clearly however
    you are upset with any member of the National Party (and particularly
    a past Cabinet member) disputing your silly stance on co-governance. I
    suspect however that you are more aligned to Cam Slater / Jordan
    Williams / David Seymour than to the National Party.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sat Jan 21 23:56:46 2023
    On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:02:49 -0000 (UTC), Tony

On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 03:04:33 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:02:00 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>>>>>>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation >>>>>>>>>>>>along
    with
    social media rather than Ardern's despotic rule over the last five >>>>>>>>>>>>years.
    I
    know I've never liked Ardern or her totalitarian brand of politics >>>>>>>>>>>>but
    if
    she'd
    actually shown kindness rather than play acting it I'd have more >>>>>>>>>>>>sympathy
    for
    her.
    Helen Clark's comments in support of her protege are pure bullshit >>>>>>>>>>>>worthy
    of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If >>>>>>>>>>>>she's
    talked
    to
    her river of filth in February and killed 5 waters she might have >>>>>>>>>>>>been
    in
    a
    better position now. But like they say karma sucks when it turns on >>>>>>>>>>>>you
    and
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues >>>>>>>>>>>of
    social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>>>>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>>>>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because >>>>>>>>>>>he

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that >>>>>>>>>>has
    resulted
    I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern >>>>>>>>>>has
    received
    is largely self inflicted resulting directly from the decisions her >>>>>>>>>>government
    has made. The way the criticism has been delivered with threats >>>>>>>>>>etc.,
    is
    totally unacceptable.
    I don't know what the answer is apart from catching and prosecuiting >>>>>>>>>>the
    individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - >>>>>>>>>>and
    that
    is

Sure thing Social Media is a new thing and it has some teething >>>>>>>>>problems.
    It

That being the case the Government, for what every reason(s), did not >>>>>>>>>take
    into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>>>>>>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy
    those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same >>>>>>>>>narative
    with increasing determination. It seems to me that it had become >>>>>>>>>personal
    for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative >>>>>>>views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >>>>>>>includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining >>>>>>>about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >>>>>>>decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed >>>>>>>decisions or that they should have acted earlier, or spent a bit more >>>>>>I did not write that - do reply to the author and stop being so lazy. >>>>>I apologise for not recognising that you do not have normal competence >>>>>to track different posters in a thread . . .
    You are just lazy. My competence in all things except lying eclipses yours. >>>>>
    . . .

True the Government would have to admit that maybe it was not not >>>>>>>>>correct.

So the esculation on both sides increased. To get beyond this society >>>>>>>>>needs
    to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and >>>>>>>>>for

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, >>>>>>>>>Fackbook/Meta
    have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks >>>>>>>>>to
    I am hopeful that the new PM will step back on a number of levels. >>>>>>>>Especially
    co-governance and the other undemocratic moves. But at the very least I >>>>>>>>hope

There is little chance of unwinding the excellent co-governance >>>>>>>arrangements implemented by Chris Finlayson - there is nothing >>>>>>>undemocratic about acknowledging and acting in accordance with binding >>>>>>>contracts, Tony.
    Finlayson did not make any co-governance arrangements. Provide a cite or >>>>>>piss
    off. >>>>>https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/national-dilemma-chris-finlayson-on-co-governance-education-and-frankly-hopeless-politicians/LPGZDX32PPUKFAVT6LPKJUCMQE/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolzKqJjY7w&ab_channel=NZQandATVNZ >>>>>https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2022/05/experts-explain-what-co-governance-is-and-why-new-zealanders-shouldn-t-be-afraid-of-it.html
    and one that does not have a lot of Finlayson >>>>>https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/08/11/explainer-what-is-co-governance/

It is sad that you could not have found a few of these for yourself - >>>>>try using Google sometime . . .
    They are co-management.
    We have explained that to you several times but it clearly does not stick. >>>>I have also pointed out to you before that you so often have failed to >>>>understand the profound difference between management and governance. A >>>>distinction the authors also fail to understand.
    I am however delighted that you spent all that time finding worthless URLs. >>>
    Your abuse is gone back one step. Keep posting it and one day another person might believe it - but I doubt it very much.
    Piss off you foul mouthed fraud.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Crash@21:1/5 to Read what I on Sun Jan 22 15:15:19 2023
    On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 12:35:10 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 11:47:04 +1300, Crash <nogood@dontbother.invalid>
    wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 21:03:11 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> >>wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:02:00 -0000 (UTC), Tony >>>>><lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:13:57 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>>>>>>>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

Funny how Clark is blaming the country for Ardern's resignation along >>>>>>>>>>with
    I
    she'd
    for
    her.
    of
    Ardern! Ardern brought her plumet in popularity on herself. If she's >>>>>>>>>>talked
    to
    a
    and
    bites you on the arse...

I am inclined to accept that currently NZ PMs face increased issues of >>>>>>>>>security and safety in public appearances because of the emergence of >>>>>>>>>social media. While the experiences of Clark and Shipley are of >>>>>>>>>interest, I would be more interested in whether Key faced security >>>>>>>>>issues akin to Ardern (or not) - not because he is male but because he >>>>>>>>>is the most significant recent PM before Ardern.

--
    Crash McBash
    Crash I agree that social media access is the probable avenue that has >>>>>>>>resulted
    in safety concerns for public figures. A worldwide problem of course. >>>>>>>> I do not accept what Helen Clark said; the opprobrium that Ardern has >>>>>>>>received
    totally unacceptable.
    individuals who do that stuff, but I know what isn't appropriate - and >>>>>>>>that
    is

into consideration of the changing situation. It just kept on the same >>>>>>>narrative, backed up by increasing force. This leads to a push back buy >>>>>>>those with alternative views and when all that the get in the same narative
    for the Government.
    The attack on personalities was entirely by those with ''alternative >>>>>views'' that have been attacking Jacinda Ardern personally - and that >>>>>includes many posts to nz.general. Bizarrely for those complaining >>>>>about the current government, Opposition MPs have largely agreed with >>>>>decisions made by government, but complained that they had rushed >>>>>decisions or that they should have acted earlier, or spent a bit more >>>>I did not write that - do reply to the author and stop being so lazy.

. . .

to get back to the speakers refraining from going over the edge, and for >>>>>>>others to challange the extreme view point.

Thre is also now evidence that Twitter and Google/you tube, Fackbook/Meta
    have
    filtered out the alternative view points. Twitter has come back thanks to

The Waikato River Authority manages but does not own the resource it >>manages.

He has spoken firmly in support of co-governance arranagements, which
    do not in any case amount to ownership. They are smaller than the
    entities now being proposed, but the problems are great - do you
    really favour leaving it to the continuing failure of local
    authorities to put in the resources neeeded to fix it?

Lets look at Water Entity A as a modern example of co-government. It >>supplies water services to 1.7 million Aucklanders and 0.2 million >>Northlanders and is a regulated monopoly. While there are many
    different ways to measure the size of an enterprise, a monopoly water >>supplier to 1.9 million people will be by definition a huge enterprise

the Water Entities:

No, they exercise management rights.

That is incorrect. While water assets are technically owned by local
    bodies, control is vested entirely with the Water Entities. This is
    being clarified:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-advocate/news/high-court-challenge-to-the-three-waters-assets-starts/NKB6WA37UPD7HECNO7PAVU7RNU/

2. No-one lives in the area covered by co-managed entities, the entire >>population of NZ lives within the area covered by Water Entities.
    Wrong - the one co-governance arrangement that you give affects water
    over a large area; as does the arranagment that exists to manage
    (among other things) water levels in a number of rivers including the >Wanganui River.

You are confused. Read what I said again.

The differences between co-managed entities established in the past by >>National governments are therefore nothing more than historical
    They do proviide assurance that these co-governance arrangements do
    work

No they do not. The existing agreements are co-managed, not
    co-governed.

- they are currently working

Precisely because they are co-management agreements. We do not have
    anything like the co-government provisions in the Water reforms
    legislation in place.

, and Chris Finlayson at least
    believes National is wrong to be rejecting them

The opinions of Findlayson are no more relevant to what we face today
    than those of any other past MP.

- and it is
    interesting that National are not rejecting them formally

Yes they have - National have promised more than once to repeal the
    Water Entities Act.

- they know
    that the problems will not go away; they just want to mis-represent
    what Labour is doing to create a ''failure'' in the minds of voters.

The biggest contributor to the failures of the current Government is
    not the National party.

substance of this information. You consistently ignore anything that >>invalidates your political narratives.
    At least I provided some urls to support my position - how would a
    National / ACT Government fix Auckland's dirty beaches?

None of the URLs you provided referenced the Waters reforms or
    co-government provisions therein that are the death knell of this
    government and rightly so.

--
    Crash McBash

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05