• incredibilis

From Tony@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 14 19:48:13 2023
    XPost: nz.politics

https://summit.news/2023/01/12/university-of-southern-california-removes-the-word-field-for-being-racist/
    "practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers presumably never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some awful examples of that change.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to Tony on Sat Jan 14 13:33:44 2023
    On Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 8:48:15 AM UTC+13, Tony wrote:
    https://summit.news/2023/01/12/university-of-southern-california-removes-the-word-field-for-being-racist/
    "practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some awful examples of that change.
    Sounds like the sort of bullshit we get from Rich! :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Sun Jan 15 10:52:24 2023
    On Sat, 14 Jan 2023 19:48:13 -0000 (UTC), Tony
    <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

"practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant >workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers presumably >never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an >absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some awful >examples of that change.

I had not realised you are in Southern California, Tony. Since this is nz.general, do you have any examples from New Zealand?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to bowesjohn02@gmail.com on Sun Jan 15 10:56:02 2023
    On Sat, 14 Jan 2023 13:33:44 -0800 (PST), John Bowes
    <bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

"practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant >> workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an
    absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some awful
    examples of that change.

The comments were from Tony, John. I have queried his unsupported
    assertion about New Zealand, but I suspect you are correct that his
    comments were bullshit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sat Jan 14 22:07:19 2023
    Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:

"practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant >>workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers >>presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an >>absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some awful >>examples of that change.

I had not realised you are in Southern California, Tony. Since this is >nz.general, do you have any examples from New Zealand?
    I had not realised you were on another planet.
    The post stands alone. Please do feel to piss off and start another political diatribe on something completely irrelevant like the future of the Labour party.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sat Jan 14 22:08:13 2023
    <bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

"practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant >>> workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers >>>presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an >>> absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some >>>awful
    examples of that change.

comments were bullshit.
    No you did not, you were abusive with your childish and caustic over use of sarcasm - as usual.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rich80105@21:1/5 to lizandtony@orcon.net.nz on Sun Jan 15 11:11:18 2023
    On Sat, 14 Jan 2023 22:08:13 -0000 (UTC), Tony

On Sat, 14 Jan 2023 13:33:44 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

"practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant >>>> workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers >>>>presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an >>>> absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some >>>>awful
    examples of that change.

assertion about New Zealand, but I suspect you are correct that his >>comments were bullshit.
    No you did not, you were abusive with your childish and caustic over use of >sarcasm - as usual.

wensitive little bully, aren't you Tony. You can dish out accuations
    and call people names, but can't take any criticism of your
    (frequently wrong) statements.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sat Jan 14 23:22:04 2023

On Sat, 14 Jan 2023 13:33:44 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

"practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and >>>>>immigrant
    workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers >>>>>presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an >>>>> absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some >>>>>awful
    examples of that change.

The comments were from Tony, John. I have queried his unsupported >>>assertion about New Zealand, but I suspect you are correct that his >>>comments were bullshit.
    No you did not, you were abusive with your childish and caustic over use of >>sarcasm - as usual.

Ah but I can, trouble is you are always sarcastic and that negates any value you may otherwise have had. It is you that matches any definion of a bully not me.
    If only you had a skerrick of integrity, but alas you never will now.

The shame of it is that you actually know it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sat Jan 14 23:20:15 2023

On Sat, 14 Jan 2023 13:33:44 -0800 (PST), John Bowes >>><bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:

"practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and >>>>>immigrant
    workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers >>>>>presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an >>>>> absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some >>>>>awful
    examples of that change.

The comments were from Tony, John. I have queried his unsupported >>>assertion about New Zealand, but I suspect you are correct that his >>>comments were bullshit.
    No you did not, you were abusive with your childish and caustic over use of >>sarcasm - as usual.

Ah but I can, trouble is you are always sarcastic and that negates any value you may otherwise have had. It is you that matches any definion of a bully not me.
    If only you had a skerrick of integrity, but alas you never will now.

The shame of it is that you actually know it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 14 15:49:32 2023
    On Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 10:59:50 AM UTC+13, Rich80105 wrote:
    <bowes...@gmail.com> wrote:

"practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant
    workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an >> absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some awful
    examples of that change.
    comments were bullshit.
    Bullshit! My comment unlike any of yours over the years were aimed at the comments in the article. But if you want to ignore that obvious fact it's fine because it shows that you are just a left wing woke wanker desperate to make sure everyone is aware
    of those facts!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 14 15:51:41 2023
    On Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 11:15:05 AM UTC+13, Rich80105 wrote:
    <lizan...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    <bowes...@gmail.com> wrote:

"practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant
    workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers >>>>presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an >>>> absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some >>>>awful
    examples of that change.

The comments were from Tony, John. I have queried his unsupported >>assertion about New Zealand, but I suspect you are correct that his >>comments were bullshit.
    No you did not, you were abusive with your childish and caustic over use of >sarcasm - as usual.
    If they're wrong Rich how come you've never ever been able to refute or provide evidence that Tony has ever made a wrong claim? The answer as you well know Rich is NEVER! Because you are like your inglorious Labour party just fucking useless!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to Rich80105@hotmail.com on Sun Jan 15 00:04:07 2023
    On 2023-01-14, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:

"practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant >>workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an >>absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some awful >>examples of that change.

I had not realised you are in Southern California, Tony. Since this is nz.general, do you have any examples from New Zealand?

While this is about nz.general and as such events overseas are not suitable
    for this group.

However, it is a global world and events elsewhere are relevant in this
    group. Covid for example and the worlds response. The UK situation of people having to wait to see their GP, which is the case here.

The situation of the Woke is also world wide.

It would be nice to have some NZ examples, but the main stream media are not reporting any. (Not this does not imply that it is not happening).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gordon@21:1/5 to Tony on Sat Jan 14 23:54:40 2023
    On 2023-01-14, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
    "practicum" what?

The Dictionary.com has

practicum
    [ prak-ti-kuhm ]
    noun
    (in a college or university) the part of a course consisting of practical work in a particular
    field."

And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers presumably
    never existed."

Working in a field an mean working in a paddock, an area of land, and also
    in a area which is an occupation, say in an office.

All abit silly and woke.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Gordon on Sun Jan 15 00:23:36 2023
    Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    On 2023-01-14, Rich80105 <Rich80105@hotmail.com> wrote:
    "practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant >>>workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers >>>presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an >>>absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some >>>awful
    examples of that change.

I had not realised you are in Southern California, Tony. Since this is
    nz.general, do you have any examples from New Zealand?

While this is about nz.general and as such events overseas are not suitable >for this group.

However, it is a global world and events elsewhere are relevant in this >group. Covid for example and the worlds response. The UK situation of people >having to wait to see their GP, which is the case here.

It would be nice to have some NZ examples, but the main stream media are not >reporting any. (Not this does not imply that it is not happening). https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2017/04/freedom-of-speech-under-attack-at-new-zealand-universities.html
    That is one example, there was another one at Massey I recall but the detail escapes me, I will bet there are more.
    What happens anywhere in the world can be relevant here, and freedom of speech is a universal right (it is not a privilege).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to Gordon on Sun Jan 15 00:17:32 2023
    Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    On 2023-01-14, Tony <lizandtony@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
    "practicum" what?

The Dictionary.com has

practicum
    [ prak-ti-kuhm ]
    noun
    (in a college or university) the part of a course consisting of practical work >in a particular
    field."

And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant >> workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers >>presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an
    absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some >>awful
    examples of that change.

Working in a field an mean working in a paddock, an area of land, and also
    in a area which is an occupation, say in an office.

All abit silly and woke.
    Very.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Bowes@21:1/5 to Tony on Sat Jan 14 17:40:37 2023
    On Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 1:23:38 PM UTC+13, Tony wrote:
    Gordon <Gor...@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    On 2023-01-14, Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    "practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and immigrant >>>workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers >>>presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an >>>absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some >>>awful
    examples of that change.

While this is about nz.general and as such events overseas are not suitable >for this group.

However, it is a global world and events elsewhere are relevant in this >group. Covid for example and the worlds response. The UK situation of people >having to wait to see their GP, which is the case here.

It would be nice to have some NZ examples, but the main stream media are not >reporting any. (Not this does not imply that it is not happening). https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2017/04/freedom-of-speech-under-attack-at-new-zealand-universities.html
    That is one example, there was another one at Massey I recall but the detail escapes me, I will bet there are more.
    What happens anywhere in the world can be relevant here, and freedom of speech
    is a universal right (it is not a privilege).
    Interesting that Rich is quite happy to be the ng hypocrite as he is quite happy to post links to overseas news that has no relevance to New Zealand but do feed his political bias... :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tony@21:1/5 to John Bowes on Sun Jan 15 02:21:35 2023
    John Bowes <bowesjohn02@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 1:23:38 PM UTC+13, Tony wrote:
    Gordon <Gor...@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
    On 2023-01-14, Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com> wrote:

"practicum" what?
    And "Apparently, throughout human history, only black slaves and
    immigrant
    workers have ever worked in fields. Farmers and native farm workers
    presumably
    never existed."

Universities used to be places where freedom of speech was considered an >> >>>absolute right - that is changing. In this country there have been some >> >>>awful
    examples of that change.

While this is about nz.general and as such events overseas are not suitable >> >for this group.

However, it is a global world and events elsewhere are relevant in this
    group. Covid for example and the worlds response. The UK situation of
    people
    having to wait to see their GP, which is the case here.

It would be nice to have some NZ examples, but the main stream media are
    not
    reporting any. (Not this does not imply that it is not happening).
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2017/04/freedom-of-speech-under-attack-at-new-zealand-universities.html
    That is one example, there was another one at Massey I recall but the detail >> escapes me, I will bet there are more.
    What happens anywhere in the world can be relevant here, and freedom of >>speech
    is a universal right (it is not a privilege).
    Interesting that Rich is quite happy to be the ng hypocrite as he is quite >happy to post links to overseas news that has no relevance to New Zealand but >do feed his political bias... :)
    Of course he is. He defines the word hypocrite.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05