• Need help giving information on our peering service

    From The Doctor@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 21 15:12:53 2022
    XPost: news.software.nntp

    I would like to make it easier for those considering news.nk.ca
    just to look at our website instead.

    How can I do that using INN?
    --
    Member - Liberal International This is doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca
    Yahweh, Queen & country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
    Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b Sellers of safety are often sellers of tyranny. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Grant Taylor@21:1/5 to The Doctor on Tue Jun 21 09:45:18 2022
    XPost: news.software.nntp

    On 6/21/22 9:12 AM, The Doctor wrote:
    I would like to make it easier for those considering news.nk.ca just
    to look at our website instead.

    That's laudable.

    How can I do that using INN?

    I don't know what changes you can make to INN. Maybe support additional protocols (TLS / UUCP / Tor / Yggdrasil / I2P) / ports.

    I've been considering writing a web form that I can point perspective
    peers at that will hopefully streamline some of the process. The form
    would allow them to fill things in, which could then re-format things
    the way that I want them to be sent to me as well as dynamically
    creating the per-peer information that I send to peers.

    My main hold up has been wanting something like an email confirmation
    loop to avoid spam. E.g. you enter your email address and click "Send
    me the code / link" then you use the code / link to continue filling out
    the form and it gets sent to me.



    --
    Grant. . . .
    unix || die

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Miner@21:1/5 to Grant Taylor on Tue Jun 21 18:47:32 2022
    XPost: news.software.nntp

    Grant Taylor wrote:

    I don't know what changes you can make to INN. Maybe support
    additional protocols (TLS / UUCP / Tor / Yggdrasil / I2P) /
    ports.

    News feeds over FIFO. Message-ID: <t1pgv5$kjq$1@txtcon.i2p>

    --
    Miner

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Julien_=c3=89LIE?=@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 22 23:39:56 2022
    XPost: news.software.nntp

    Hi The Doctor,

    I would like to make it easier for those considering news.nk.ca
    just to look at our website instead.

    How can I do that using INN?

    I do not understand well what you have in mind.
    Is it a message you would like to pop up to your news readers or make
    available to peers already connected, to say to look at your website?
    Then it would mean the news reader (or the news admin for a remote peer)
    knows how to deal with the "LIST MOTD" command; you could put a "message
    of the day" in <pathetc>/motd.nnrpd or motd.innd that would just say to
    look at a URL.

    Or is it a message for people not already using or peering with your
    news server ("considering news.nk.ca"), and then I do not really have
    any suggestion with INN directly...

    --
    Julien ÉLIE

    « Ta remise sur pied lui a fait perdre la tête ! » (Astérix)

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Doctor@21:1/5 to iulius@nom-de-mon-site.com.invalid on Wed Jun 22 22:18:51 2022
    XPost: news.software.nntp

    In article <t9027d$h6nf$1@news.trigofacile.com>,
    Julien LIE <iulius@nom-de-mon-site.com.invalid> wrote:
    Hi The Doctor,

    I would like to make it easier for those considering news.nk.ca
    just to look at our website instead.

    How can I do that using INN?

    I do not understand well what you have in mind.
    Is it a message you would like to pop up to your news readers or make >available to peers already connected, to say to look at your website?
    Then it would mean the news reader (or the news admin for a remote peer) >knows how to deal with the "LIST MOTD" command; you could put a "message
    of the day" in <pathetc>/motd.nnrpd or motd.innd that would just say to
    look at a URL.

    Or is it a message for people not already using or peering with your
    news server ("considering news.nk.ca"), and then I do not really have
    any suggestion with INN directly...


    I have tried generating a stats report in the past,
    but it hung. No reason given.

    --
    Julien ÉLIE

    « Ta remise sur pied lui a fait perdre la tête ! » (Astérix)


    --
    Member - Liberal International This is doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca
    Yahweh, Queen & country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
    Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b Saying the right words is a poor substitute for having a right heart. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jesse Rehmer@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 24 02:11:35 2022
    XPost: news.software.nntp

    On Jun 22, 2022 at 5:18:51 PM CDT, "The Doctor" <The Doctor> wrote:

    I have tried generating a stats report in the past,
    but it hung. No reason given.

    How are you attempting to generate the report? If "htmlstatus" is set to true in <pathetc>/inn.conf, the status will be written to
    <pathhttp>/inn_status.html at the interval defined by the "status" value in <pathetc>/inn.conf.

    If you wish to generate daily statistics in HTML on incoming/outgoing feeds, article rates, etc. you should set "html" to true in <pathetc>/innreport.conf.
    This will generate HTML reports when news.daily runs and place them in <pathhttp>. It will generate or update the index.html page within <pathhttp>, as seen here:
    http://usenet.blueworldhosting.com/feedstats.

    To accomplish this on FreeBSD (I believe you're a fellow FreeBSD user):

    - Set "htmlstatus" to true in <pathetc>/inn.conf.
    - Set <pathhttp> to /usr/local/www/apache24/data/feedstats.
    - Set "html" to true in <pathetc>/innreport.conf.
    - pkg install apache24
    - Add apache24_enable="yes" to /etc/rc.conf to set Apache to start at boot.
    - "service apache24 start" to start Apache.
    - Create /usr/local/www/apache24/data/feedstats and make sure the "news" user can write to the directory.
    - Create /usr/local/www/apache24/data/index.html with the content you wish to display.
    - Run "<pathbin>/scanlogs norotate" to scan logs and generate a report, or
    wait for the next news.daily cron job to execute.
    - Success.

    What you see when you visit http://usenet.blueworldhostig.com is /usr/local/www/apache24/data/index.html. On that page I have a link to the /feedstats URI, which maps back to /usr/local/www/apache24/data/feedstats on the filesystem (which is my <pathhttp> value from <pathetc>/inn.conf). Hopefully that helps, unless I misunderstood what you are trying too generate.

    Cheers,
    Jesse

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Doctor@21:1/5 to jesse.rehmer@blueworldhosting.com on Fri Jun 24 04:13:54 2022
    XPost: news.software.nntp

    In article <t936gn$2fha$1@spool1.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>,
    Jesse Rehmer <jesse.rehmer@blueworldhosting.com> wrote:
    On Jun 22, 2022 at 5:18:51 PM CDT, "The Doctor" <The Doctor> wrote:

    I have tried generating a stats report in the past,
    but it hung. No reason given.

    How are you attempting to generate the report? If "htmlstatus" is set to true >in <pathetc>/inn.conf, the status will be written to ><pathhttp>/inn_status.html at the interval defined by the "status" value in ><pathetc>/inn.conf.

    If you wish to generate daily statistics in HTML on incoming/outgoing feeds, >article rates, etc. you should set "html" to true in <pathetc>/innreport.conf.
    This will generate HTML reports when news.daily runs and place them in
    <pathhttp>. It will generate or update the index.html page within <pathhttp>, >as seen here:
    http://usenet.blueworldhosting.com/feedstats.

    To accomplish this on FreeBSD (I believe you're a fellow FreeBSD user):

    - Set "htmlstatus" to true in <pathetc>/inn.conf.
    - Set <pathhttp> to /usr/local/www/apache24/data/feedstats.
    - Set "html" to true in <pathetc>/innreport.conf.

    Done

    - pkg install apache24
    - Add apache24_enable="yes" to /etc/rc.conf to set Apache to start at boot.
    - "service apache24 start" to start Apache.
    - Create /usr/local/www/apache24/data/feedstats and make sure the "news" user >can write to the directory.
    - Create /usr/local/www/apache24/data/index.html with the content you wish to >display.

    Using nginx-devel instead of apache.

    - Run "<pathbin>/scanlogs norotate" to scan logs and generate a report, or >wait for the next news.daily cron job to execute.
    - Success.

    What you see when you visit http://usenet.blueworldhostig.com is >/usr/local/www/apache24/data/index.html. On that page I have a link to the >/feedstats URI, which maps back to /usr/local/www/apache24/data/feedstats on >the filesystem (which is my <pathhttp> value from <pathetc>/inn.conf). >Hopefully that helps, unless I misunderstood what you are trying too generate.


    Stop on got it correct.

    Cheers,
    Jesse


    --
    Member - Liberal International This is doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca
    Yahweh, Queen & country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
    Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b Saying good things is evil when they are lies. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jesse Rehmer@21:1/5 to t94it1$2fcn$42@gallifrey.nk.ca on Fri Jun 24 15:00:36 2022
    XPost: news.software.nntp

    On Jun 24, 2022 at 9:49:05 AM CDT, "The Doctor" in <t94it1$2fcn$42@gallifrey.nk.ca> wrote:

    WARNING: can't write in "/usr/local/www/nginx-dist/" as required by -html switch.
    Option -html and -a removed. Please see the -d switch.

    WARNING: can't write in "/usr/local/www/nginx-dist/pics" as required by -g switch.
    Option -g removed. Please see the -p switch.


    What needs to be fixed in the configuration files?

    And https://www.nk.ca/ is working

    The "news" user probably doesn't have write access to /usr/local/www/nginx-dist. Check the permissions/ownership and adjust as nececssary.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Doctor@21:1/5 to The Doctor on Fri Jun 24 14:49:05 2022
    XPost: news.software.nntp

    In article <t93dm2$1o4k$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>,
    The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
    In article <t936gn$2fha$1@spool1.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>,
    Jesse Rehmer <jesse.rehmer@blueworldhosting.com> wrote:
    On Jun 22, 2022 at 5:18:51 PM CDT, "The Doctor" <The Doctor> wrote:

    I have tried generating a stats report in the past,
    but it hung. No reason given.

    How are you attempting to generate the report? If "htmlstatus" is set to true >>in <pathetc>/inn.conf, the status will be written to >><pathhttp>/inn_status.html at the interval defined by the "status" value in >><pathetc>/inn.conf.

    If you wish to generate daily statistics in HTML on incoming/outgoing feeds, >>article rates, etc. you should set "html" to true in <pathetc>/innreport.conf.
    This will generate HTML reports when news.daily runs and place them in >><pathhttp>. It will generate or update the index.html page within <pathhttp>, >>as seen here:
    http://usenet.blueworldhosting.com/feedstats.

    To accomplish this on FreeBSD (I believe you're a fellow FreeBSD user):

    - Set "htmlstatus" to true in <pathetc>/inn.conf.
    - Set <pathhttp> to /usr/local/www/apache24/data/feedstats.
    - Set "html" to true in <pathetc>/innreport.conf.

    Done

    - pkg install apache24
    - Add apache24_enable="yes" to /etc/rc.conf to set Apache to start at boot. >>- "service apache24 start" to start Apache.
    - Create /usr/local/www/apache24/data/feedstats and make sure the "news" user >>can write to the directory.
    - Create /usr/local/www/apache24/data/index.html with the content you wish to >>display.

    Using nginx-devel instead of apache.

    - Run "<pathbin>/scanlogs norotate" to scan logs and generate a report, or >>wait for the next news.daily cron job to execute.
    - Success.

    What you see when you visit http://usenet.blueworldhostig.com is >>/usr/local/www/apache24/data/index.html. On that page I have a link to the >>/feedstats URI, which maps back to /usr/local/www/apache24/data/feedstats on >>the filesystem (which is my <pathhttp> value from <pathetc>/inn.conf). >>Hopefully that helps, unless I misunderstood what you are trying too generate.


    Spot on got it correct.



    Correction.

    Cheers,
    Jesse


    This Morning I got

    Server status:
    Server running
    Allowing remote connections
    Parameters c 731 i 0 (17) l 2000000 o 1010 t 300 H 2 T 60 X 0 normal specified Not reserved
    Readers follow enabled
    Perl filtering enabled

    Disk usage:
    /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/ 2070035468 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/log/news 2070035468 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/etc 2070035468 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/spool/archive 2070035468 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/spool/articles 2070035468 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/spool/incoming 2070035468 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/spool/outgoing 2070035468 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/spool/overview 2070035468 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/tmp 2070035468 Kbytes available (66.3%)

    Batch file sizes (in Kbytes):
    192 innfeed! 4 ninpaths! 4 overview! 18240 thwap

    Log file sizes (in Kbytes):
    0 errlog 10400 news 0 news.notice
    4 expire.log 0 news.crit 0 send-nntp.log
    39232 innfeed.log 0 news.err 704 unwanted.log

    Lock files:
    LOCK.innwatch

    Server connections:
    netknow-out.feed.uzoreto.com 3 (23 31 34)
    nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu 2 (29 32)
    nk-out.news.weretis.net 2 (38 39)
    peer.alt119.net 1 (36)
    news.snarked.org 1 (26)
    news.nntp4.net 1 (37)
    news.ripco.com 1 (28)
    newsfeed.endofthelinebbs.com 1 (30)
    localhost 1 (44)
    news.trigofacile.com 1 (35)
    feeder.erje.net 1 (33)
    news-out.aioe.org 1 (40)
    news.quux.org 1 (27)

    TOTAL: 13 17


    WARNING: can't write in "/usr/local/www/nginx-dist/" as required by -html switch.
    Option -html and -a removed. Please see the -d switch.

    WARNING: can't write in "/usr/local/www/nginx-dist/pics" as required by -g switch.
    Option -g removed. Please see the -p switch.

    Daily Usenet report from Jun 23 01:00:01 to Jun 24 00:59:52


    Log entries by program:
    Program name Lines %Lines Size %Size inn 26367 100.0% 10.1 MB 100.0%

    TOTAL: 1 26367 100.0% 10.1 MB 100.0%

    Incoming articles:
    Date Articles %Arts Art/sec Size %Size KB/sec Jun 23 01:00:01 - 01:59:59 517 4.2% 0.14 2.5 MB 4.2% 0.72 Jun 23 02:00:00 - 02:59:59 525 4.3% 0.15 2.5 MB 4.0% 0.70 Jun 23 03:00:00 - 03:59:59 525 4.3% 0.15 2.4 MB 4.0% 0.69 Jun 23 04:00:00 - 04:59:59 532 4.3% 0.15 2.3 MB 3.8% 0.65 Jun 23 05:00:00 - 05:59:59 675 5.5% 0.19 3.2 MB 5.3% 0.92 Jun 23 06:00:00 - 06:59:59 594 4.9% 0.17 4.2 MB 7.0% 1.20 Jun 23 07:00:00 - 07:59:59 623 5.1% 0.17 3.7 MB 6.1% 1.05 Jun 23 08:00:00 - 08:59:59 665 5.4% 0.18 2.7 MB 4.4% 0.76 Jun 23 09:00:00 - 09:59:59 761 6.2% 0.21 2.2 MB 3.6% 0.63 Jun 23 10:00:00 - 10:59:59 666 5.4% 0.18 2.6 MB 4.3% 0.74 Jun 23 11:00:00 - 11:59:59 572 4.7% 0.16 2.7 MB 4.4% 0.77 Jun 23 12:00:00 - 12:59:59 606 5.0% 0.17 3.3 MB 5.4% 0.94 Jun 23 13:00:00 - 13:59:59 654 5.3% 0.18 2.4 MB 4.0% 0.69 Jun 23 14:00:00 - 14:59:59 543 4.4% 0.15 1.7 MB 2.8% 0.48 Jun 23 15:00:00 - 15:59:59 585 4.8% 0.16 2.1 MB 3.5% 0.61 Jun 23 16:00:00 - 16:59:59 493 4.0% 0.14 3.5 MB 5.8% 1.01 Jun 23 17:00:00 - 17:59:59 344 2.8% 0.10 1.4 MB 2.3% 0.39 Jun 23 18:00:00 - 18:59:59 341 2.8% 0.09 1002.6 KB 1.6% 0.28 Jun 23 19:00:00 - 19:59:59 249 2.0% 0.07 789.8 KB 1.3% 0.22 Jun 23 20:00:00 - 20:59:59 190 1.6% 0.05 682.4 KB 1.1% 0.19 Jun 23 21:00:00 - 21:59:59 266 2.2% 0.07 3.7 MB 6.0% 1.04 Jun 23 22:00:00 - 22:59:59 430 3.5% 0.12 4.3 MB 7.1% 1.23 Jun 23 23:00:00 - 23:59:59 393 3.2% 0.11 2.0 MB 3.2% 0.56 Jun 24 00:00:00 - 00:59:52 483 3.9% 0.13 2.9 MB 4.8% 0.84

    TOTAL: 23:59:51 12232 100.0% 0.14 60.8 MB 100.0% 0.72

    Sites sending bad articles:
    Server Total Group Dist Duplic Unapp TooOld Site Line Other peer.alt119.net 12147 12082 0 0 0 0 64 0 1 netknow-out.feed.uzoret 667 597 0 0 1 0 49 0 20 nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu 377 346 0 0 0 0 27 0 4 news-out.aioe.org 338 262 0 0 0 0 75 0 1 nk-out.news.weretis.net 318 203 0 0 4 0 58 0 53 feeder.erje.net 128 108 0 0 0 0 18 0 2 news.nntp4.net 66 30 0 0 0 0 36 0 0 newsfeed.endofthelinebb 36 14 0 0 0 0 21 0 1 news.ripco.com 27 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 news.trigofacile.com 16 16 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 news.quux.org 9 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 news.snarked.org 6 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    TOTAL: 12 14135 13696 0 0 5 0 348 0 86

    Unwanted newsgroups [Top 20]:
    Newsgroup Count alt.binaries.backup 12060 talk.ukrainian.tg 339 al.binaries.test 272 linux.debian.bugs.dist 132 uk.legal.moderated 83 talk.english.tg 78 fr.misc.actualite.covid19 48 a.b.erotica 43 it.sport.calcio.inter-fc 39 alt.pl.praca.oferowana 38 alt.job 37 linux.debian.bugs.rc 37 perl.cpan.uploads 37 pl.pregierz 34 talk.generic.ua.ws 31 alt.comp.os.windows-10 22 lada.talk 17 cn.comp 17 perl.daily-build.reports 14 it.comp.os.win.windows10 14

    TOTAL: 146 13696

    Supposedly-moderated groups with unmoderated postings [Top 20]:
    Groups Count fr.bienvenue 3 christnet.theology 1 alt.fan.countries.poland 1

    TOTAL: 3 5

    Unwanted sites in Path header field [Top 20]:
    Site Count news.freedyn.de 169 news.neodome.net 122 news.newsdemon.com 57

    TOTAL: 3 348

    Miscellaneous innd statistics [Top 10]:
    Event Number Including strange strings
    nk-out.news.weretis.net 53
    netknow-out.feed.uzoreto.com 20
    news.ripco.com 3
    nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu 2
    news-out.aioe.org 1
    news.quux.org 1
    peer.alt119.net 1
    newsfeed.endofthelinebbs.com 1
    TOTAL: 8 82 No colon-space in header field
    nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu 2
    TOTAL: 1 2

    TOTAL: 2 84 ---------


    Renumbering active file.
    Expire messages:
    expire begin Fri Jun 24 01:00:36 MDT 2022: (-v1 -z/var/log/news/expire.rm)
    Article lines processed 5084590
    Articles retained 5069914
    Entries expired 14676
    Articles dropped 14676
    expire end Fri Jun 24 01:00:55 MDT 2022
    all done Fri Jun 24 01:00:55 MDT 2022
    expirerm start Fri Jun 24 01:00:55 MDT 2022
    expirerm end Fri Jun 24 01:02:07 MDT 2022
    expireover start Fri Jun 24 01:02:07 MDT 2022
    expireover end Fri Jun 24 01:09:50 MDT 2022
    ---------

    Post expiration status:

    Server status:
    Server running
    Allowing remote connections
    Parameters c 731 i 0 (17) l 2000000 o 1010 t 300 H 2 T 60 X 0 normal specified Not reserved
    Readers follow enabled
    Perl filtering enabled

    Disk usage:
    /usr/local/www/nginx-dist/ 2070150208 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/log/news 2070150208 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/etc 2070150208 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/spool/archive 2070150208 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/spool/articles 2070150208 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/spool/incoming 2070150208 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/spool/outgoing 2070150208 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/spool/overview 2070150208 Kbytes available (66.3%) /var/news/tmp 2070150208 Kbytes available (66.3%)

    Batch file sizes (in Kbytes):
    192 innfeed! 4 ninpaths! 4 overview! 18240 thwap

    Log file sizes (in Kbytes):
    0 errlog 52 news 0 news.notice
    4 expire.log 0 news.crit 0 send-nntp.log
    268 innfeed.log 0 news.err 704 unwanted.log

    Lock files:
    LOCK.innwatch

    Server connections:
    netknow-out.feed.uzoreto.com 3 (23 31 34)
    nk-out.news.weretis.net 2 (38 39)
    nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu 2 (29 32)
    peer.alt119.net 1 (36)
    news.nntp4.net 1 (37)
    news.ripco.com 1 (28)
    feeder.erje.net 1 (33)
    news.snarked.org 1 (41)
    news-out.aioe.org 1 (40)
    news.quux.org 1 (27)
    localhost 1 (26)
    news.trigofacile.com 1 (35)
    newsfeed.endofthelinebbs.com 1 (30)

    TOTAL: 13 17


    Running INN CURRENT

    What needs to be fixed in the configuration files?

    And https://www.nk.ca/ is working
    --
    Member - Liberal International This is doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca
    Yahweh, Queen & country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
    Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b Saying good things is evil when they are lies. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Julien_=c3=89LIE?=@21:1/5 to all of your programs on Fri Jun 24 20:27:06 2022
    XPost: news.software.nntp

    Hi The Doctor,

    Parameters c 731

    Do you also have 2 years of article retention in your expire.ctl file?

    Usually, this "c" param is set to 10 and should not match article
    retention (setting it to 731 means that if you receive an article posted
    in 2021, last year, you'll accept it and propagate it instead of
    rejecting it because it is older than 10 days).


    Log entries by program:
    Program name Lines %Lines Size %Size
    inn 26367 100.0% 10.1 MB 100.0%

    TOTAL: 1 26367 100.0% 10.1 MB 100.0%

    No nnrpd, innd, innfeed, etc. Only "inn" log entries? It seems that
    all of your programs write logs as "inn".


    Sites sending bad articles:
    Server Total Group Dist Duplic Unapp TooOld Site Line Other
    peer.alt119.net 12147 12082 0 0 0 0 64 0 1
    netknow-out.feed.uzoret 667 597 0 0 1 0 49 0 20
    nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu 377 346 0 0 0 0 27 0 4
    news-out.aioe.org 338 262 0 0 0 0 75 0 1
    nk-out.news.weretis.net 318 203 0 0 4 0 58 0 53
    feeder.erje.net 128 108 0 0 0 0 18 0 2
    news.nntp4.net 66 30 0 0 0 0 36 0 0
    newsfeed.endofthelinebb 36 14 0 0 0 0 21 0 1
    news.ripco.com 27 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
    news.trigofacile.com 16 16 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    news.quux.org 9 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
    news.snarked.org 6 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    TOTAL: 12 14135 13696 0 0 5 0 348 0 86

    You should update the list of the newsgroups you're carrying...


    Unwanted newsgroups [Top 20]:
    Newsgroup Count
    uk.legal.moderated 83

    Created in 2004!


    fr.misc.actualite.covid19 48

    Created last year.


    it.sport.calcio.inter-fc 39

    Created in 2003.
    etc.


    Supposedly-moderated groups with unmoderated postings [Top 20]:
    Groups Count
    fr.bienvenue 3

    This group is indeed *not* moderated (since 2011).

    --
    Julien ÉLIE

    « Ta remise sur pied lui a fait perdre la tête ! » (Astérix)

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Doctor@21:1/5 to jesse.rehmer@blueworldhosting.com on Fri Jun 24 21:56:16 2022
    XPost: news.software.nntp

    In article <8283615640.6e68e977@freebsd-inject1.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>, Jesse Rehmer <jesse.rehmer@blueworldhosting.com> wrote:
    On Jun 24, 2022 at 9:49:05 AM CDT, "The Doctor" in ><t94it1$2fcn$42@gallifrey.nk.ca> wrote:

    WARNING: can't write in "/usr/local/www/nginx-dist/" as required by -html
    switch.
    Option -html and -a removed. Please see the -d switch.

    WARNING: can't write in "/usr/local/www/nginx-dist/pics" as required by -g >> switch.
    Option -g removed. Please see the -p switch.


    What needs to be fixed in the configuration files?

    And https://www.nk.ca/ is working

    The "news" user probably doesn't have write access to >/usr/local/www/nginx-dist. Check the permissions/ownership and adjust as >nececssary.

    I am using https://ns2.nk.ca for news.

    Will check for those anomolies.

    --
    Member - Liberal International This is doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca
    Yahweh, Queen & country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
    Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b Saying good things is evil when they are lies. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Doctor@21:1/5 to iulius@nom-de-mon-site.com.invalid on Fri Jun 24 21:58:02 2022
    XPost: news.software.nntp

    In article <t94vlq$knv0$1@news.trigofacile.com>,
    Julien LIE <iulius@nom-de-mon-site.com.invalid> wrote:
    Hi The Doctor,

    Parameters c 731

    Do you also have 2 years of article retention in your expire.ctl file?

    Usually, this "c" param is set to 10 and should not match article
    retention (setting it to 731 means that if you receive an article posted
    in 2021, last year, you'll accept it and propagate it instead of
    rejecting it because it is older than 10 days).


    Yes, that is the setup up, and I adjuested expire accordingly.


    Log entries by program:
    Program name Lines %Lines
    Size %Size
    inn 26367 100.0% 10.1
    MB 100.0%

    TOTAL: 1 26367 100.0% 10.1
    MB 100.0%

    No nnrpd, innd, innfeed, etc. Only "inn" log entries? It seems that
    all of your programs write logs as "inn".


    correct.


    Sites sending bad articles:
    Server Total Group Dist Duplic Unapp TooOld Site
    Line Other
    peer.alt119.net 12147 12082 0 0 0 0 64
    0 1
    netknow-out.feed.uzoret 667 597 0 0 1 0 49
    0 20
    nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu 377 346 0 0 0 0 27
    0 4
    news-out.aioe.org 338 262 0 0 0 0 75
    0 1
    nk-out.news.weretis.net 318 203 0 0 4 0 58
    0 53
    feeder.erje.net 128 108 0 0 0 0 18
    0 2
    news.nntp4.net 66 30 0 0 0 0 36
    0 0
    newsfeed.endofthelinebb 36 14 0 0 0 0 21
    0 1
    news.ripco.com 27 24 0 0 0 0 0
    0 3
    news.trigofacile.com 16 16 0 0 0 0 0
    0 0
    news.quux.org 9 8 0 0 0 0 0
    0 1
    news.snarked.org 6 6 0 0 0 0 0
    0 0

    TOTAL: 12 14135 13696 0 0 5 0 348
    0 86

    You should update the list of the newsgroups you're carrying...


    Unwanted newsgroups [Top 20]:
    Newsgroup
    Count
    uk.legal.moderated
    83

    Created in 2004!


    fr.misc.actualite.covid19
    48

    Created last year.


    it.sport.calcio.inter-fc
    39

    Created in 2003.
    etc.


    Got you.


    Supposedly-moderated groups with unmoderated postings [Top 20]:
    Groups
    Count
    fr.bienvenue
    3

    This group is indeed *not* moderated (since 2011).


    All right!

    --
    Julien ÉLIE

    « Ta remise sur pied lui a fait perdre la tête ! » (Astérix)


    --
    Member - Liberal International This is doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@@nl2k.ab.ca
    Yahweh, Queen & country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
    Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b Saying good things is evil when they are lies. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)