• 2012 R2 Hyper-V and vdi - works, doesn;t work, works, repeat

From bobbiejones148@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 12 07:57:24 2018
    <heavy sigh>

So my users connect through RDS. They get logged on, click on the VM they want, then it may work, or it may sit on "Configuring remote session" for ever. If it doesn't work for one user, it doesn't work for any users. 20 minutes later they all may
    actually get logged on, without me having done a single thing!

I don't even know where to begin to look to see what's going on. When it's not working, no active connection show up in EDS Gateway Manager while it's sitting on the "Configuring remote session" message

Same issue for internal and external users.

Help?!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From bobbiejones148@gmail.com@21:1/5 to bobbiej...@gmail.com on Thu Jun 14 08:59:12 2018
    On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 4:57:25 PM UTC+2, bobbiej...@gmail.com wrote:
    <heavy sigh>

So my users connect through RDS. They get logged on, click on the VM they want, then it may work, or it may sit on "Configuring remote session" for ever. If it doesn't work for one user, it doesn't work for any users. 20 minutes later they all may
    actually get logged on, without me having done a single thing!

I don't even know where to begin to look to see what's going on. When it's not working, no active connection show up in EDS Gateway Manager while it's sitting on the "Configuring remote session" message

Same issue for internal and external users.

Help?!

one VM (all win 10 from the same template) was deciding it was on a public network, blocked all inbound traffic, nobody could logon. Sort of annoying the RDS doesn't tag it as flaky and use one of the other available VMs, instead of trying to continually
    direct new logons to a VM not cooperating; not exactly robust.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)