• Spware killer apps killed my Javascript or ....

From niniannunes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Elmo Watson on Sun Nov 4 01:27:23 2018
    On Monday, August 1, 2005 at 10:50:29 PM UTC+5:30, Elmo Watson wrote:
    After I installed my spyware killer apps (spyware blaster, spybot and MS's newest beta), I can't get to Iwon.com -
    I get this message:
    Right now, your browser's settings are configured to disable cookies and/or javascript. In order to access your account, you must change your browser's settings to accept both cookies AND javascript.

I went into the settings and enabled ActiveScript - (javascript - right?)
    I also overrode the default cookie settings and chose to accept cookies and Session cookies...

Still nothing - - same error.

any ideas?
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From niniannunes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 4 01:23:17 2018
    Spyware is software that aims to gather information about a person or organization, sometimes without their knowledge, that may send such information to another entity without the consumer's consent, that asserts control over a device without the
    consumer's knowledge, or it may send such information to another entity with the consumer's consent, through cookies .
    All about spyware
    When you go online, don't assume that your privacy is secure. Prying eyes often follow your activity-and your personal information-with a pervasive form of malicious software called spyware. In fact, it's one of the oldest and most widespread threats on
    the Internet, secretly infecting your computer without permission in order to initiate a variety of illegal activities. It's easy to fall prey to and can be hard to get rid of, especially since you're most likely not even aware of it. But relax; we've
    got your back with all you need to know about what spyware is, how you get it, what it tries to do to you, how to deal with it, and what to do to avoid future spyware attacks.

What is spyware?
    Spyware. Although it sounds like a James Bond gadget, it’s actually a generic term for malicious software that infects your PC or mobile device and gathers information about you, your browsing and Internet usage habits, as well as other data.

No big surprise—spyware is sneaky, usually finding its way onto your computer without your knowledge or permission, attaching itself to your operating system, maintaining a presence on your PC. You might have even inadvertently given permission for the
    spyware to install itself when you agree to the terms and conditions of a seemingly legitimate program you downloaded without reading the fine print.

But no matter how spyware invades your PC, it runs quietly in the background, collecting information or monitoring your activities in order to trigger malicious activities related to your computer and how you use it. That includes capturing keystrokes,
    screen shots, authentication credentials, personal email addresses, web form data, Internet usage information, and other personal information, such as credit card numbers.

“Spyware runs quietly in the background, collecting information.”
    The Dangers of Spyware. Spyware is software that is downloaded onto your computer to track your activities without your knowledge. ... Most of the time spyware is used to monitor your internet surfing habits, and this information is used in conjunction
    with adware to target specific advertisements to your tastes.
    Here's a step-by-step guide for taking action.
    Step 1: Enter Safe Mode. Before you do anything, you need to disconnect your PC from the internet, and don't use it until you're ready to clean your PC. ...
    Step 2: Delete temporary files. ...
    Step 3: Download malware scanners. ...
    Step 4: Run a scan with Malwarebytes.
    Spy Audit - FREE

We recommended Spy Audit from Webroot. The user interface is easy to use and it detected all of the spyware on our machines as well as any cookies. Spy Audit only takes seconds to run.
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)