• Help, something blocking mail from Forum Admins

From Bertie Doe@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 21 19:00:42 2017
    Help please. I've been trying to sign up to a couple of new forums in last month. I get the message "Bertie Doe your account is awaiting construction, confirmation email was sent to [my addy]" I've hit the link 'Resend Confirmation Email' a couple of times but no luck.

I've added 'dashcamtalk.com' to my list of Safe Senders (and other forums in the past :-) - but no confirmation emails from them? I've also loaded dashcamtalk via both Firefox and IE but no luck, I'm therefore assuming that I've messed up my WLM setting rather than my browser. Can anyone think of
    any settings that must be checked/unchecked that could have an impact? TIA. Bertie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Gianni Turri@21:1/5 to montebrasite4@ntl.com on Wed Feb 22 02:25:39 2017
    On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 19:00:42 -0000, "Bertie Doe"
    <montebrasite4@ntl.com> wrote:

Help please. I've been trying to sign up to a couple of new forums in last >month. I get the message "Bertie Doe your account is awaiting construction, >confirmation email was sent to [my addy]" I've hit the link 'Resend >Confirmation Email' a couple of times but no luck.

I've added 'dashcamtalk.com' to my list of Safe Senders (and other forums in >the past :-) - but no confirmation emails from them? I've also loaded >dashcamtalk via both Firefox and IE but no luck, I'm therefore assuming that >I've messed up my WLM setting rather than my browser. Can anyone think of
    any settings that must be checked/unchecked that could have an impact? TIA. >Bertie

Look at the Spam folder i WLM and if it is not there, open your email
    account through its webmail and look at the Spam or Junk folder.
    HTH.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bertie Doe@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 22 11:05:02 2017
    "Gianni Turri" wrote in message news:2tppachofob5669gg7tuiclb5obmtgn0e2@4ax.com...

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 19:00:42 -0000, "Bertie Doe"
    I've added 'dashcamtalk.com' to my list of Safe Senders (and other forums >>in
    the past :-) - but no confirmation emails from them? I've also loaded >>dashcamtalk via both Firefox and IE but no luck, I'm therefore assuming >>that
    I've messed up my WLM setting rather than my browser. Can anyone think of >>any settings that must be checked/unchecked that could have an impact?
    TIA.
    Bertie

Look at the Spam folder i WLM and if it is not there, open your email
    account through its webmail and look at the Spam or Junk folder.
    HTH.

Many many thanks Gianni, I rarely look into my ISP's webmail account I don't like the format compared to WLM.

You are right, I found the dashcam forum email plus 2 emails from online suppliers that had gone astray in the spam tray.

I've checked them as 'Not Spam' etc,. I don't know why my ISP (BT) randomly marks some posts as Spam, is a mystery. Thanks for sorting that out, I was beginning to despair :-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05