• Corrupt Calendar Data Won't Allow WLM to Load

From toledobanners@gmail.com@21:1/5 to ...winston on Thu Jan 12 14:05:28 2017
    On Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 1:49:45 AM UTC-5, ...winston wrote:
    You have two options:
    - Repair WLM
    - Delete the Calendar folder

The Calendar folder is found in Windows 7 (or Vista) in this location C:\Users\<Windows logon profile>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Calendars

Close WLM
    Navigate to the above location using Windows Explorer
    a. If using a Live ID based Calendar (i.e. you are signed on to Windows Live with a Live ID in WLM) then delete the Calendar folder
    for that specific Live ID
    b. If not using a Live ID based Calendar, then delete the folder called 'Default'

Note: If choosing (a), your calendar will be rebuilt on the next Live ID signon. If choosing (b), the calendar must be rebuilt
    from scratch

In the future, even if you don't use a Live ID email account (e.g. third party pop3), it might be a good idea to use a Live ID to
    sign on (any 3rd party email address can be registered as a Live ID) to ensure your calendar data is not lost (it will be backed up
    automatically at calendar.live.com)

Good Luck.
    --
    ...winston
    msft mvp mail
    "Megabyte" wrote in message news:9medukFr3jU1@mid.individual.net...

I'm trying to run WLM (latest version) but it won't open and instead
    gives me a pop up windows with the message: "Windows Live Mail could
    not be started. Closing Windows Live Mail. Your Calendar contains
    corrupt data that is forcing Windows Live Mail to close. (0x8E5E0247)

- So far I have tried a repair - no luck.

- Uninstalled WLM deleted the data in App Data, then reinstalled WLM -
    no luck.

- Logged in to Windows Live Calendar on the web and all seems fine.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the corrupt Calendar data and get
    WLM working again would be appreciated.

Do what winston suggested: navigate to that location and simply delete the calendar. Worked instantly for me. I had changed the storage location for emails to an external hard drive, and started getting the calendar error. Deleting the calendar worked
    instantly.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From ...winston@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 12 19:51:52 2017
    toledobanners wrote in message news:ecfc5edd-d2a0-446c-a38c-985e93937ff2@googlegroups.com...

Do what winston suggested: navigate to that location and simply delete the calendar.
    Worked instantly for me. I had changed the storage location for emails to
    an external
    hard drive, and started getting the calendar error. Deleting the calendar worked instantly.

Fyi....if the Live ID(now called a Microsoft Account) has been migrated to
    the new backend Office 365 platform server(all accounts have been/will be migrated - no choice) then:
    Option (a) no longer applies the same as in the past. Prior to account migration the calendar database would be rebuilt with the web based Calendar app(for that respective Live ID) using DeltaSync(the protocol for the old platform), after migration that sync will no longer occur since the new platform uses Exchange and Exchange-Active-Sync(EAS) but not DeltaSync. WLM does not support Exchange or EAS.
    - thus in Option (a) the calendar will be rebuilt as a blank calendar and
    only local.
    - i.e. there is no longer any benefit to use a Live ID to sign on to
    Microsoft services(Live Services) in WLM after account migration since sync for calendar and contacts and photo-email(upload to OneDrive[fka SkyDrive])
    no longer functions or is applicable.

--
    ...winston
    msft mvp

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)