• Re: COUNTIF Across multiple worksheets for "x"

From Draven Shean@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 4 00:07:52 2021
    Hello,

I have read all of the above messages and tried to apply these formulas onto a Google Sheet I am currently working on. Currently only 1 particular formula has proved to almost work.

In short, I have 1 Google Sheet Document with numerous sheets within it, and I am trying to make 1 of the sheets a "Master List" that is counting particular variables across numerous sheet tabs. For example:

I am trying to count how many times, "TX", appears across a range of cells in every sheet tab, and have that total counted number of occurrences appear on my master list.

I put, =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT(""&April:October&"!B2:B50"),"TX")) , where "April" and "October' are the range of sheets at the bottom of my screen, B2:B50 is the range of cells in which I am trying to count the occurrences, and "TX" is my item I am
    trying to count.

The formula keeps showing me "0" as if it is counting incorrectly.

Any help on how to solve this?

Thanks!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Wei Zhen@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 22 00:18:35 2024
    Hello!

I have read the above messages and done many research. I am trying to count the number of occurences through many sheet tab in one google sheet.

I.e.:
    Sheetlist with all the Sheet Tab names: S2:S
    Data range: U4:U
    Criteria: B2

My formula should be =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&S2:S&"'!U4:U"),B2))

However despite testing, it only shows the results of in sheet tab named in S2. Please help

--
    This email including its attachments is confidential and may contain information that is privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than
    the intended recipient is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
    recipient (or if you are responsible for the delivery of the same to the intended recipient) or if you received this email in error, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this email (or any part of its contents) is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by email or telephone and delete this email from your system. Unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative, the views, opinions, conclusions and/or other information expressed in this email are
    not given or endorsed by Elitez Pte Ltd, its subsidiaries and associates companies. Please be aware that messages sent to and from Elitez Pte Ltd,
    its subsidiaries and associates companies may be monitored for reasons of security, to protect our business, and to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies. Emails are not a secure method of communication, can be intercepted and cannot be guaranteed to be
    free from errors. Anyone who communicates with us by email is taken to understand and accept the above.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)