• Using IF Function to Recognize Highlighted Cell

From Blythe Richardson Smith@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 4 13:53:26 2020
    I am working in Google Sheets and trying to figure out if I can use the IF Function to recognize a highlighted cell and produce a formula based on the result. For instance, if cell A1 is highlighted yellow (done manually, not based on conditional
    formatting), then B1=(A1*5) but if A1 is not highlighted yellow then the formula doesn't apply.

TO BE CLEAR, I am not looking to highlight a cell using conditional formatting. I am looking to find a highlighted cell and base a formula off that cell.

Any suggestions on how to use an IF Function (or other function) to recognize the color of a cell? Thanks in advance!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Enrique Rivera@21:1/5 to Blythe Richardson Smith on Tue Nov 17 17:31:47 2020
    On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 3:53:29 PM UTC-5, Blythe Richardson Smith wrote:
    I am working in Google Sheets and trying to figure out if I can use the IF Function to recognize a highlighted cell and produce a formula based on the result. For instance, if cell A1 is highlighted yellow (done manually, not based on conditional
    formatting), then B1=(A1*5) but if A1 is not highlighted yellow then the formula doesn't apply.

TO BE CLEAR, I am not looking to highlight a cell using conditional formatting. I am looking to find a highlighted cell and base a formula off that cell.

Any suggestions on how to use an IF Function (or other function) to recognize the color of a cell? Thanks in advance!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)