• The term: whistle-britches. Where'd it come from?

From blhsr63@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 30 14:09:32 2017
    Wrong...it's a southern term of endearment meaning someone who is very physically attractive, especially in jeans, slacks, etc that because of such could garner whistles from men because of her figure.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From mark_whitmire@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 10 11:18:48 2018
    Whistle-Britches is a saying from the old South during the depression. Due to the lack of beef and chicken protein people ate red beans regularly. Beano and other such products were not available. Fatulence was common due to the diets of the days.
    Whistle-Britches referred to a person suffering from fatulence aka GAS!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From nine4ty4@gmail.com@21:1/5 to mark_w...@hotmail.com on Fri Jun 5 08:48:32 2020
    On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 2:18:50 PM UTC-4, mark_w...@hotmail.com wrote:
    Whistle-Britches is a saying from the old South during the depression. Due to the lack of beef and chicken protein people ate red beans regularly. Beano and other such products were not available. Fatulence was common due to the diets of the days.
    Whistle-Britches referred to a person suffering from fatulence aka GAS!

My father called me "whistle britches" affectionately. He grew up during the depression (but on the North Shore of Massachusetts. I thought it referred to one whose pants had so many holes the wind whistled through them. I was neither thin nor heavy and
    flatulence was never discussed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05