• Pen or Pencil Writing Last Longer?

From ericsilver06410@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 28 21:55:22 2017
    Iron gall inks and other inks classed as archival will last quite some time, but not forever. Note: the Drclaration of Independence was written with Iron Gall ink, and it is quite faded. Some copies of Magna Carta survive, and they're quite readable.
    Those who have noted pencil texts are aware that pencil doesn't fade. As long as the paper holds out, the pencil will look as if it had been written last week. There are some pencil texts over 2 centuries old, and they're hanging in thete.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From bdwswswt@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 6 20:05:51 2019
    Bill Penrose, difference is now the USA is switching to pencils with no lead, so idk if they lasts as long as pencil with lead. The schools here have banned all pencils from china because of the lead in them.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Barbra Barbour@21:1/5 to ericsil...@gmail.com on Mon Mar 1 17:29:33 2021
    On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 12:55:25 AM UTC-4, ericsil...@gmail.com wrote:
    Iron gall inks and other inks classed as archival will last quite some time, but not forever. Note: the Drclaration of Independence was written with Iron Gall ink, and it is quite faded. Some copies of Magna Carta survive, and they're quite readable.
    Those who have noted pencil texts are aware that pencil doesn't fade. As long as the paper holds out, the pencil will look as if it had been written last week. There are some pencil texts over 2 centuries old, and they're hanging in thete.

Gall inks are actually the exception to the archival rule. The ph is not neutral, and cannot be brought to neutral either.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Emma Parker@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 1 02:39:39 2021
    вторник, 2 марта 2021 г. в 04:29:35 UTC+3, Barbra Barbour:
    Gall inks are actually the exception to the archival rule. The ph is not neutral, and cannot be brought to neutral either.

When I have computers, I have to write less by hand, but I still don't have a penchant for writing anyway. I choose to use a service that writes professional essays - https://www.professionalessaywriters.com/ for me, and at this time I will do another
    discipline. This service really deserves attention for students, because they write papers in the shortest possible time and at the best price. I recommend!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Emma Parker@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 1 02:38:24 2021
    вторник, 2 марта 2021 г. в 04:29:35 UTC+3, Barbra Barbour:

When I have computers, I have to write less by hand, but I still don't have a penchant for writing anyway. I choose to use a service that <a href=<"https://www.professionalessaywriters.com/">writes professional essays</a> for me, and at this time I will
    do another discipline. This service really deserves attention for students, because they write papers in the shortest possible time and at the best price. I recommend!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05