• Review: Marsh Island and Blind Marsh

From roland@logikalsolutions.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 22 06:39:28 2017
    I recently finished reading these two books from Ollie (Yes! I occasionally get around to reading the work of my fellow authors on this site!) and I have to say, dude, you can write. That was quite a storyline and I certainly didn’t see that left hook
    coming at the end of the last book.

To those of you who aren’t familiar with Ollie’s work, he’ got quite the noir ability. The story has a nice arc across both books and the pacing is great. I recommend you do as I did and get both books so you can binge read. These aren’t
    particularly long, nor do they feel short like a novella.

Be sure to read "Marsh Island" before "Blind Marsh" because that is the order of the story. What a good little story it is too!

The paper stock didn’t seem “ordinary” either. Most of today’s paperbacks have that bright white copier paper used by most POD (Print on Demand) services. This stock had a bit of coloring to it making it both seem sage and be easy on the eyes
    while reading.

I liked both of these books so much I shipped them off to a friend so he could read them.

If you are someone who likes Mickey Spillane’s “Mike Hammer” tales, this pair of books is right up your alley. Been a long time since I read or watched anything from this genre but remember enjoying it immensely during my youth. These two books let
    me go home again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)