• "Blow" - Spoilers

From aishalord2253@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Bluesea on Sat Mar 5 13:53:38 2016
    On Tuesday, February 25, 2003 at 9:44:28 AM UTC, Bluesea wrote:
    I watched "Blow" starring Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz this past weekend.

At the end, it had the ubiquitous disclaimer about how it's a work of
    fiction and any resemblance to etc. is a coincidence. But, at the beginning, it's clearly stated that it's based on a true story and the end credits
    thank Kristina Sunshine Jung and Mirtha Jung, George's daughter and ex-wife, for their help in making the movie. How can it be a work of fiction with any resemblance a coincidence? Is this an example of that new genre called faction or true fiction or whatever it's being called?

Also, Kristina Jung is credited as being the Clerk. Which clerk? I watched the movie a second time trying to figure it out to no avail. Can anyone
    point me in the right direction?

***** SPOILER SPACE *****

Supposedly, the story is about the rise and fall of George Jung but I found it to be more of a history-repeats-itself or a like-father-like-son story because both men married women who were only interested in the money they made, both men had good businesses, each in his own way, then lost everything, and both lost contact with their beloved only child due to George's drug activities. Some of the lines spoken by George's wife were repeats of lines spoken by his mother which I thought were a too-obvious attempt to make viewers see the similarities between the two women.

Any other comments on this movie?

--
    ~~Bluesea~~
    Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
    Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.

I have been doing some reseach on the film and how Kristina Jung was in the film herself ,out of curiosity,and have found out that she appears in a deleted scene as clerk that is said to only be viewed on the dvd's 'special features'. If anyone knows how
    to view the scene without having the dvd please say .

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)