• I-45 Extension North from Dallas

From dalabaso@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Brandi Harvey on Sat Mar 31 20:11:30 2018
    On Thursday, August 16, 2001 at 7:40:36 AM UTC-7, Brandi Harvey wrote:
    Anyone know of any plans to extend I-45 North from Dallas to Oklahoma or further? They need to. US 75 is already interstate quality.

Anyone know of any plans to extend I-17 North from Flagstaff, Arizona to Southwest Utah? They need to. US 89 is already interstate quality.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jan Thomas@21:1/5 to Patrick L. Humphrey on Mon Aug 3 04:45:38 2020
    On Thursday, August 16, 2001 at 8:10:53 PM UTC-5, Patrick L. Humphrey wrote:
    "Brandi Harvey" <brandi...@home.com> writes:
    Anyone know of any plans to extend I-45 North from Dallas to Oklahoma or >further? They need to. US 75 is already interstate quality.
    Not quite -- parts of it are between LBJ and the Red River, but between
    about Allen and Sherman it needs some fixing to qualify for Interstate funding (like wider shoulders and medians), and it needs an expansion
    through Sherman to the most recently-opened section around Denison. North
    of that, you've got almost a hundred miles of new construction that'll need to be done, all the way up to the Indian Nation Turnpike just southwest of McAlester. There's sufficient space to do that along the existing roadway, for the most part, but a new bypass will be needed for Atoka, and the Turnpike connection will have to be redesigned.
    (It may happen, and I'd like to see it done, but I wouldn't expect it to happen for at least another decade or so, at the soonest.)
    --PLH, who used to live in Tulsa, and has long wished for a better way between Tulsa and Houston
    I just saw my first virtual sign for I345 so I am looking into this. Found this posting from 2001. He says it will be a decade before it is done, but it has been two decades and the name of the road still has not been changed. I know a lot of
    construction has been done going up that way. I've driven from Dallas to Joplin MO and past that many times over the past 50 years, the last being two years ago and I was amazed at what they have done. How about an official reply to my questions? Of
    course I have no idea who sponsors this web site and don't know if any officials monitor it. Anyone know anything?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)