• Pre-Selector Automatics..more comments?

From SJC@21:1/5 to Toonhead on Thu Jul 13 21:13:57 2017
    On Thursday, May 4, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Toonhead wrote:
    Regarding a post I made on the 4/28, I would like more comments by more on the
    types of trannies, (Blue Bird buses have the most of these IMO), their functions are
    like R, N, 3-6, 3-5, 3-4, 1-2, and often have manualcluthces. These have become
    unique points of interest for mwe for years since I was a kid in the early 1970s. Here is "Tomcat's" respsone. I'd like to hear more form more people and
    have as many as poissble.Trucks use these too.

I rode a MCI charter bus with a similar trine coupled with a 60Series<BR> Detroit. Except the shift lever read something like<BR>
    R; N;1-2; 2-3; 3-4; 4-5; 5-6.<BR>
    (Neutral and Reverse might have been on the other side of the numbers, even<BR>
    though that wouldn't make much since to me) There was no clutch on<BR> these, and they shifted very smoothly. I wasn't the driver, but I didn't<BR> think it had much pep. Of course, that might have been the driver's style.<BR>

RLB<BR>

(Trine is a mispelling.)

These are for obvious reasons fasicnating, at least in the forward positions with those hypenated gear ID-numbers......yet are HARDLY covered in ANY books (ebven enclyclopedias..)

School Buses with these can be spotted all over southern California where I live, made as said abiove by BLUE BIRD. They made the San Diego Zoo tour bus where in 1971 (The lever was just like in truckls and cars right where everyone
    could see it right side inside facing forward by the drivers seat. R, N, 3-6, 3-5, 3-4, 3-3, 1-2, was how it read..:) I discovered this..(I think I mave seen
    these types of levers positions before..)
    --Steve--or----S.J. Carras
    gcarras@aol.com
    http://members.aol.com/JCSt34204/index.html
    poporchestra@onelist.com
    20s-to-50sPopMusic@onelist.com/
    buffy-beta@eskimo.com
    For more visit www.onelist.com.

BTW I've found that MT-41 (also used on GM Baby Fishybowls) is the one mentioned...and this is SEVENTEEN YEAS AFTER THE ORIGINAL POST (maybe I better go by my original name Toonhead lol)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)