• Should SEPTA Regional Rail trains have toilets?

From jsd6383@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 6 10:48:39 2018
    Let's see if you have the same sentiment the next time you're on a septa train and have to drop a deuce real bad. In the SF bay area, they have a regional rail commuter train called CalTain. Those cars have 2 floors and a bathroom in each car and the
    route is a single 2 rail line 50 mile stretch up and down the peninsula.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From kiwiwriter47@gmail.com@21:1/5 to your pal Marc on Tue Jun 12 08:12:57 2018
    On Sunday, February 11, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, your pal Marc wrote:
    Colin R. Leech wrote:

: Since when is it the responsibility fo transit systems to babysit and
    : wet-nurse their passengers? Go before you leave.

This is part of the attitude that discourages people from using transit; failing to understand that even with a relatively captive market, people will use alternatives if they feel forced into it.

The folks running The Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc. sure as hell
    don't sit there and whine about how it's not their "responsibility"
    to provide toilets. That's because they have to keep their customers
    happy -- unsatisfied customers *will* go elsewhere otherwise. And
    that's also why large retailers have better reputations than typical transit systems (and other government agencies) -- they can't afford to have an arrogant "our subjects will do as we say" attitude.

ypM is Marc Mednick
    --

You have some nerve saying that, Marc. You don't care about another living human being. You had no trouble destroying my life...being a snooty internet troll...and making me the designated scapegoat for anything that happens to your family. I never
    forget, pal. "Je me souviens."

Yeah...you care about other people. That's why you run the New York Subway system. That's an organization that defines not giving a damn about its customers. Your motto is "This train is going out of service."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Levine@21:1/5 to kiwiwriter47@gmail.com on Fri Jun 15 19:01:15 2018
    In article <bd592585-f59e-4bf8-8cc6-8f13fbecc0fa@googlegroups.com>,
    <kiwiwriter47@gmail.com> wrote:

ypM is Marc Mednick

You have some nerve saying that, Marc. ...

Since he said it over 22 years ago, perhaps his opinions have changed
    in the meantime.

--
    Regards,
    John Levine, johnl@iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies", Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. https://jl.ly

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kiwiwriter47@gmail.com@21:1/5 to John Levine on Fri Jun 15 12:46:27 2018
    On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 3:01:16 PM UTC-4, John Levine wrote:
    In article <bd592585-f59e-4bf8-8cc6-8f13fbecc0fa@googlegroups.com>,
    <kiwiwriter47@gmail.com> wrote:

ypM is Marc Mednick

You have some nerve saying that, Marc. ...

Since he said it over 22 years ago, perhaps his opinions have changed
    in the meantime.

--
    Regards,
    John Levine, johnl@iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
    Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. https://jl.ly

David Lippman <kiwiwriter47@gmail.com>
    3:44 PM (1 minute ago)
    to misc.transport.urban-transit

People just become parodies of themselves over time...like leopards, they don't change their spots.

The other thing people do when they get confronted with their misdeeds is take refuge in poor memory and politeness. Schoolteachers are good at that when you go to the reunion. "I don't remember calling you stupid in class...I would never do something
    like that. I remember you as one of my finest students." And I remember you telling me I was the stupidest person in class when I gave the right answer to a question.

He happily wrecked my Navy career to defend his career as an Internet troll and nearly wrecked my marriage as well. He was even going to make a web page about it, that's how proud he was. I warned him not to do it, and he said he wouldn't, but he might
    have, anyway...my daughter tells me you can make web pages and slap a code in place that makes them impossible to find on search engines.

And while the internet is written in stone, it's more anonymous than ever. Look at all the internet "pundits" on Twitter who bend opinions but can't be found. Like that neo-Nazi, Andrew Anglin. He's avoiding a major lawsuit for orchestrating a "
    trollstorm" to harm a woman in North Dakota, by claiming he's in Nigeria. Or the Philippines. Or Brazil. But he's probably hiding from the lawsuit in his mommy's basement in Columbus, Ohio.

No, Shakespeare was right... "The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones." -- Julius Caesar, Act 3, Scene 2.

Or as they say have been saying in the New York Subway since unification in 1940: "Cutting service and raising the fare will be good for the system in the long run...we ask that our passengers bear with us during this temporary period."

How long again did it take them to build the Second Avenue Subway? 110 years? Yeah, that's "temporary," I guess...

No, I'm sure he hasn't changed. I'm just a little black stick figure on his wall at the NYCTA building in Brooklyn -- the symbol for a "confirmed kill."

VR/Kiwiwriter

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05