know there's a bunch of you out there that have dealt with this (by the
    way, we shoot prarie dogs with .22 pistols in Wyoming and keep 'em
    under control, even 700 dog villages! But that's another thread ---
    I have 40 acres of rangeland with a nice (but small) spring fed stream
    in the bottom. the whole drainage bottom'd be excellent pasture if you
    could get rid of the sagebrush, a product of rampant overgrazing over
    the last 30 years, I'm told.
    ANYWAY, am fencing it off, it won't have anything grazing it for
    awhile, and now I'm seeking the best way to eliminate the sagebrush.
    Not sure if I have enough water to irrigate/flood it out; not real experienced with results of burns; wondering if a brush hog will help
    or if it could handle it (these is BIG sagebrushed!). Lots of folks
    have given me ideas, but none of them have actually USED these ideas.
    Any one out there have?
    Post or write direct: terri_...@nols.edu

Here's a unique and different idea! This may seem like a crazy idea even, but in the long run it could be very interesting and helpful; but if you were to find someone who has a nuisance beaver on their property then you could relocate it to your
    property and even with the low amount of water it will flood out the sage brush and also provide great grazing area in the late summer. People tend to underestimate beavers and how impactful their work can be on a watershed, turning even a small creek
    into a seasonal wetland with lots of grasses and forbs. If you don't know anyone personally who has a beaver problem then you can easily find people online who would love to get rid of a few of their beavers. Since you do have a small creek though, the
    beaver may need some enticing to stick around; so what you would do is build its first dam for it (called a BDA or beaver dam analogue). This may seem like a big pain but its actually good because it means you get to be the one to choose where the beaver
    makes its pond, which could help prevent any unwanted areas from becoming flooded.

If this idea interests you there's lot of info online on how to go about this process! Here's some good pages
    https://www.beavercoalition.org/guidebook https://www.beaverinstitute.org/management/stream-restoration/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)