• Sodium Hydroxide and the Septic tank

From Keith Thompson@21:1/5 to lion...@gmail.com on Tue Sep 22 09:49:44 2020
    On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 12:57:05 PM UTC-4, lion...@gmail.com wrote:
    The simple way to fix a clogged drain field is first to have the tank pumped. Then on the discharge side take about a 6 foot piece of 1 inch hose and insert it into the drain field line through the discharge side and leave enough to insert a large
    funnel. Take a five gallon bucket and put 3 inches of caustic soda in it and fill with water. I use a bucket with a lid and spout and fill it with a hose through the spout. Be very careful not to breath it or come in contact with it. Its acid pure and
    simple. It gets very hot. Then pour it into the drain line funnel slowly and let sit. I did this three times over 4 days before the 1000 gallon tank filled up. 5 loads of laundry, dishwasher, and many showers later it's working perfectly. Before it was
    plugged solid and over flowing

About how much caustic soda do I need per 5 gallon bucket? If I did four buckets, 8 lbs? Thank You

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Stumpy@21:1/5 to muzac2868@gmail.com on Wed Sep 23 09:36:28 2020
    On 6/8/18 9:08 PM, muzac2868@gmail.com wrote:
    On Saturday, April 4, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, george kirkpatrick wrote:
    Do you know if NaOH is detrimental to the "life" of a septic tank?

what effect will it have on the concrete itself

I have a 3 chamber septic tank from 1932. It has much decomposition on
    the lower surface of the concrete lids. This is presumably from hydrogen sulfide gas trapped in the unvented tank. Adding a base periodically
    might help my problem.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)