• Hatred of stupidity flows freely here

From Soft Logic@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 23 17:48:07 2022
    I. I personally believe that certain activities can be more meaningful to perform or to watch than certain other activities, even if such activities seem to be less popular, less lucrative, or less intelligent to do than the latter of those
    aforementioned activities.

II. I susggest that the art of a performer might be to be seen and to be appreciated. The art of certain kinds of mystic, on the other hand, might be to not be seen and to hide his or her cards, metaphorically speaking. The performer might often seek
    approval from a human audience but the mystic only needs the approval of God.

III. Neither fame nor infamy particularly interests me, as such qualities might contradict my desire to cultivate what might be the possible virtue of humility within myself, even if sometimes without perfect success.

IV. While I endeavor to not be a racist, there might exist certain races and ethnicities that I might be inclined to dislike as opposed to hate, possibly due to my personal assessment of their negative cultural norms and behaviors, which might include
    their proclivity to themselves be racist.

V. In my opinion, the deliberate taking of an innocent human life might be among the worst of sins, even though defining what exactly might pass for being "innocent" as such might sometimes lack perfect clarity.

VI. Certain thoughts can possibly not safely be expressed openly. Such oppression might be a possible reason that certain people might prefer to hide their inner thoughts in order to survive.

VII. Neither stupidity nor ugliness are typically very abhorrent qualities to me.

VIII. Although I proclaim that I have not been a Roman Catholic or any other kind of Christian for several years now, I do still believe in God, in the Ten Commandments, and to a lesser degree in the Bible, perhaps especially the New Testament.

IX. I am not often inclined to smiling, perhaps especially under duress, and a deep hearty laugh or most any other kind of laughter as such is something that I almost never do. (God frowns on evil.)

X. I believe that support of capital punishment within the legal system might possibly tend to contradict the Christian virtue of forgiveness, as well as the US Constitution's admonition against punishment that is cruel and unusual.

XI. I suggest that when conflicts between the two ideals of mercy and justice occur, it might not always be possible to have it both ways. A choice between the two might sometimes have to be struck.

XII. Informally teaching those who are evil to feel shame regarding their possible misbehavior using mostly uttered words might not always be a very easy undertaking. But I suggest that such a method of curtailing evil might often be more civil than the
    use of weapons or of violence in general is.

XIII. I suggest that from a certain point of view, touching anyone who does not truly want to be touched might pass for being an act of violence.

XIV. I sometimes pray silently, and I fantasize with regard to such an action that it might sometimes be able to have a tangible and perhaps even physical effect. Two of the most common effects of such prayer, as per my fantasy, might be to uplift the
    spirit or mood of those whom I pray for and possibly also to psycho-kinetically keep violently inclined aggressors toward them at bay.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)