• Of killers and loafers (Exodus 20:13)

From Soft Logic@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 4 10:51:01 2020
    I opine that it might perhaps often be more evil to be a killer of human beings than it might be to be a “loafer” alone. I base my opinion on the fifth of the Ten Commandments, which might admonish us to not kill. Such is God’s law.

There might, I imagine, exist certain occupations, such as police officers, whose job it might sometimes be to kill an alleged loafer. I personally find such occupations to be poor exemplars of Christianity. It might perhaps often be more civil, if a
    loafer happens to be a threat to a community’s resources in light of such a loafer’s inability to keep up in labor, to allow that loafer to starve to death or to beg for alms on the streets than it might be to kill such an individual in cold blood in
    light of that individual’s idleness alone.

I suspect that there might exist certain political systems, such as certain motifs of communism, or communities where resources might be scarce, where a loafer might be more likely to be killed for his idleness alone than in certain more enlightened or
    prosperous parts of the world. But I posit that sometimes even those who are poor of income might be more civil and compassionate with regard to such a “fix” for loafing than certain police or the wealthy and greedy alone might be.

—————

“Eat simply that others might simply eat.” — said by Mohandas Gandhi and modified by me.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)