• Putting stock in poverty

From Lamb Logic@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 31 12:04:12 2020
    In my opinion, the quarrelsome nature of certain kinds of greed, sometimes turning family member against family member, can be ugly stuff to see and is perhaps all too American. Certain motifs of poverty can perhaps be meaningful after all. Living in
    certain kinds of crime ridden ghettos, for example, might not be so pleasant. But living a relatively simple and humble lifestyle can perhaps appeal to certain temperaments. It can perhaps be prudent for an individual to live frugally anyway, even when
    such an individual seems to be wealthy.

I might sometimes long for a home of my own within a relatively safe environment. But I am perhaps content enough to live as I am, which although it might be in a relatively impoverished state might be clean and comfortable enough regardless. I sometimes
    feel uncomfortable with too much luxury anyway. Living too luxuriously as such contradicts my spiritual nature, perhaps even something of my past adherence to Christianity, which although I no longer hold to such a religious persuasion might nonetheless
    still be a vital part of my personality.

I sometimes worry a bit about home security. But I worry more about being robbed as such of certain documents that might be vital to my survival and safety than I often do about having my other personal possessions stolen. I adhere to the seventh
    commandment of the Ten Commandments after all, the one which admonishes an individual to not steal from another. Being ripped off would peeve me a bit spiritually, in light of a possible breech of God’s laws, even though I do not consider myself to be
    utterly a materialist.

I posit that simply getting along with others, so as not to inspire enemies, might itself not always be poor home security. An individual can perhaps have internet, home surveillance video, better locks, and such, which could almost be considered a
    necessity as much as it is a luxury. But my spiritual side prefers to minimize such barriers of intrusion, opting instead to live in as harmonious a state with others as might be possible — within reason, of course. But as I live in what might be a
    relatively decent neighborhood, I might not have to worry about a breaking and entering into the home that I reside in so much.

Choose God, choose love.

———

SURGE SUPPESSOR
    mammon

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)