• Of impossible things and pacifism

From Uncouth Wiley@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 30 14:02:09 2020
    i. I assert that I do not often like those types of people that one might deem to be a “warrior”, perhaps including police officers, soldiers, and security guards. The personality and methods of those employed as such grate against my gentler nature.

ii. I suggest that every individual in the world today should, ideally speaking, always have the right to refuse medical treatment by a doctor pf medicine and his or her staff. It is perhaps wrong that any individual would even need to seek legal counsel
    solely to exercise that basic human right.

iii. I suggest that the fact that those who pertain to the practice of medicine perhaps can not and often do not guarantee most of their work might be at least a bit suspect. In a sense, most every patient of the medical establishment gambles at least a
    bit when he or she acquires medical treatment as such.

iv. I proclaim that the use of the practice of medicine to “level out the playing field”, by maliciously disabling or even killing a patient of such a trade, would perhaps be wrong to do.

v. I suggest that wimpy people can sometimes be almost as annoying as bullies might be.

vi. I suggest that raw, unfettered capitalism might sometimes be able to lead to abuses of a fiscal type.

vii. Although I do not mind possibly living in relative poverty, I find myself sympathetic to those who might be so impoverished that such individuals have not the resources for the basics, such as food, a roof over their head, and the appurtenances of
    health and cleanliness.

viii. I am not often afraid to die. I might find it a bit disconcerting to die by violence, however, because such a way of dying might be more morally wrong in light of the need for a killer, regardless of the auspices under which such killing is
    committed.

ix. I swear to God that I have never in my lifetime owned, carried upon my person, or used a firearm, other than a couple of times for target practice.

x. I have not, during my lifetime, always done what I really wanted to do.

xi. I do not believe that violence, perhaps especially non-lethal violence, is always wrong to do when it is done entirely in self-defense or in defense of one's home or peers.

xii. Sometimes I might privately wish death upon evil people and those who might have wronged me. But I do not believe that it is in me to ever actually kill such individuals myself.

———

“I won’t be beat, because I can’t be beat.”
    — said by the character of Clubber Lang, played by Mr. T, in the movie Rocky III.

LATIN AMERICA
    the occident

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)