• Of being Chicano in the South

From Daniel Urtiz@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 30 17:59:43 2019
    As a Chicano, I do not always like Mexicans. But I also do not like ignorant white people, who can not fathom the possibility that a brown skinned individual such as I can in fact be a citizen of the United States. Although my origins might indeed be
    Mexican, I was born in the United States and have a valid American birth certificate.

What is it that I do not like about Mexicans when compared to Chicanos? I think that such Mexicans might sometimes be greasy liars for one thing, and sometimes also drunkards and pugnacious troublemakers. Mexicans are also just plain weird to me, and
    perhaps also lawbreakers in the sense of possibly trespassing on American soil without proper documentation or permission.

I furthermore do not believe that such documentation should ever become too easy to acquire, lest this nation be overwhelmed with wave after wave of invaders. My own mother tends to date Mexican men, by the way, which is sometimes disgusting to myself.

But I am not without at least a bit of sympathy for certain of the more honest and hardworking Mexicans, the likes of which might be more rare, from my point of view, than such are common. I also am not without at least a modicum of consciousness of the
    history of the southwestern United States and of the fact that such a portion of land might perhaps have been taken from Mexico through force and underhanded subterfuge.

Perhaps if Mexicans do not belong in the United States in general then caucasians, blacks, and all the rest of the bunch of “citizens” who inhabited the Southwest after it was taken away from Mexico likewise do not belong in that stolen parcel of
    land. Certain nations, and perhaps also almighty God who is just and fair might agree with me, even when the power and sometimes crooked politics of the United States might not.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)